When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 16622 Yacht-Master; some proper pics.

Finally, a morning in which we didn't have a ton of things to get done, so I was afforded the opportunity to get out the camera with a macro lens to snap some pics.

Won't waste much time with dialogue, so I'll let the pics do the talking...

Been wearing this one for the past few days- Very comfortable to wear, and very understated with just the right amount of sparkle. T'is very nice, but I don't see this as being much of a daily wearer; rather, it's more of an occassional piece. I must say that the dial on this one has the most mesmerizing color and tone to it. Very difficult to capture in pics, but viewing in person at all different angles and lighting, I can attest that this one is really a stunner!

Thanks for looking... Happy Holidays and sorry to cut short, but there's much to do today...

Merry Christmas to all...

R

Absolutely amazing pictures Randy!

I can't make up my mind when it comes ot YM.

In these pics it looks so well made that it really tempts me to get one - maybe for my gf. But then the price tag of almost 800 bucks makes me think twice about if it is really worth the money...

Ahh decisions :)

It looks really good, especially the SELs and the bracelet.

If only the new WM9 Submariner bracelet would be that nice.... I received it today and can't stand it. Two steps forward (hollow midlinks and one piece SELs) and twenty back, the fit and feel is utter [censored] and there's a gap between lugs and SELs a blind man could read newspaper through. Worst rep bracelet I had in my hands in my whole life!

It looks really good, especially the SELs and the bracelet.

If only the new WM9 Submariner bracelet would be that nice.... I received it today and can't stand it. Two steps forward (hollow midlinks and one piece SELs) and twenty back, the fit and feel is utter [censored] and there's a gap between lugs and SELs a blind man could read newspaper through. Worst rep bracelet I had in my hands in my whole life!

ship it back and ask for the better one.

its so unfair

I am a sucker for the Yachtmaster style myself, maybe more than any other Rolex, but the reps have never done anything for me, until now....

The gen Yachtmaster has quite a thin case, all the reps before this one have been a little too thick when compared to the gen and have lacked in other ways too.....

The Yachtmaster is about as blingy as I can go though, no diamonds or the like for me ^_^

I received my YM on xmas eve just before leaving for Spain so have no pics but will add that the dial is very, very close and worththe wait. The lume is excellent and even.

The crown is too big but I have fitted a gen crown and had no need to change the tube as the dimension were perfect this time compared to my previous WM9's.

The cg's are very good so no need to mod them.

The end links are perfect and smooth. I had to take a couple of sharp edges off the inside of some of the links but very minor to be honest. The clasp is very smooth with a good tight close.

The only thing that dissapointed me as I have owned two genuine Yachtie's is the bezel insert. The numbers are not quite think enough and the finish is just a little too shiny in artificial light. You can see this on Randy's pics. The finish could do with being slightly rougher. It is hard to describe unless you compare gen and rep together. The finish should perfectly match the dial as they are the same material in the gen watch of course. It is not that bigger deal but worth pointing out. From memoery the noob yachtie had a great finish to it's insert and would look great on this watch.

I'm only nitpicking and I apologise if i have invaded your thread Ubi! This is a great effort on the whole and I'm very pleased with it. B)

I have had the back off mine but no pics as I'm in Spain on holiday but it is not eta! It seems to work well but it looks like the seagull movement.

Looking at my gen next to your pics I think swiss made under the 6 marker is off a little and the dial is very good but not exact as ther is no way to mimic the platinum in the gen.

Still and all a very good rep!

JJ

• 4 weeks later...

After having had a chance to observe and contemplate this watch for a few weeks (and having worn it a handful of times), I can honestly say that it's a fantastic piece. Great looks, excellent quality and the attention to detail is phenominal. The WM9 crew really spent a lot of time with this one and it shows.

Yet... I find myself somewhat distant to the watch... To the YM in general. It's beautiful, but yet it doesn't seem to fit in with my daily dress (usually a pair of jeans and a polo). Still trying to figure out if it has a place in my collection...

After having had a chance to observe and contemplate this watch for a few weeks (and having worn it a handful of times), I can honestly say that it's a fantastic piece. Great looks, excellent quality and the attention to detail is phenominal. The WM9 crew really spent a lot of time with this one and it shows.

Yet... I find myself somewhat distant to the watch... To the YM in general. It's beautiful, but yet it doesn't seem to fit in with my daily dress (usually a pair of jeans and a polo). Still trying to figure out if it has a place in my collection...

If it does not fit in your collection I will happy to take it from you ;)