When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Referrals on HQ Rep Dealers in Kuala Lumpur.

pr0digy30

I am in Kuala Lumpur and it seems the obvious place to find reps (atleast the bad ones) is Petaling Street.

There is a lot of "junk" reps on that street. I found a few references in the archives to a few dealers, but this info is a couple years old. So just wondering if someone can recommend anybody with access to good high quality reps there?

Won't have alot of time... so preferably don't want to go through all the movements just to have the guy pull out junk reps from his "stash".

Any recommendations are appreciated.

I goto KL & Singapore very often for business trips. Frankly speaking I don't like the reps in KL China Town. Having said that, I have purchased a few Gen dials/ bracelet from a Ebay seller in KL with good success. That seller/ watchmaker would not want to meet me in person however ( i wanted to pay in person and probably want to get other things when I am in his shop). BAck to your questions, My friends in KL seem to get their watches from internet discussion forums (or from Andrew/ Josh).

Recently I was informed that there is a very watchmaker in Singapore who does franken Rolex & Tudor (SnowWhite and Daytona 6263). I would love to find this watchmaker.

Other that that, sorry I don't have any other useful info.

I think it will be a little difficult to find quality reps in Malaysia. The reps over there are likely from Bangkok....so if you get the chance it might be who of you to jam on over to Thailand. I know of atleast one dealer around these forums that regularly buys in Bangkok....so the good stuff can be found there. Also, there might be some better information on these forums about where to go in BK....especially compared to KL.

I am in Kuala Lumpur and it seems the obvious place to find reps (atleast the bad ones) is Petaling Street.

There is a lot of "junk" reps on that street. I found a few references in the archives to a few dealers, but this info is a couple years old. So just wondering if someone can recommend anybody with access to good high quality reps there?

Won't have alot of time... so preferably don't want to go through all the movements just to have the guy pull out junk reps from his "stash".

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Yes there is one I know of. Very good and reliable dealer. Carry most stuff of the dealers here. PM me if you interested and I will give you his contact.

Mark

I goto KL & Singapore very often for business trips. Frankly speaking I don't like the reps in KL China Town. Having said that, I have purchased a few Gen dials/ bracelet from a Ebay seller in KL with good success. That seller/ watchmaker would not want to meet me in person however ( i wanted to pay in person and probably want to get other things when I am in his shop). BAck to your questions, My friends in KL seem to get their watches from internet discussion forums (or from Andrew/ Josh).

Flex - can you PM me your eBay source in KL? I'm interested.

• 9 months later...