When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BR-02-92-ST~ 1000 M .. Mac attack Pictorial

BR-02-92-ST~ 1000 M

There's really no need for a lot of commentary.. as Urabus Say's.. "tell me about that sexy BR"

so here are the pics to "tell all"

FYI .. all measurements match to the genuine.. case size.. the crystal is AR'd this is a very thick crystal so Chiefs AR would do wonders but if you like the blue hue it's there..

Genuine

14280968tu1.jpg

Replication

br02057my5.jpg

Replication

br02063xu7.jpg

14280968tu1.jpg

br02029jx9.jpg

Genuine

Brand Bell & Ross

Series Br-02

Style Number BR-02-92-ST

Designed For Men

Features: Luminous and Helium Escape Valve

Movement Type Swiss Automatic Mechanical

Crystal Anti Reflective Sapphire

Calendar Type Date

Case Material Stainless Steel

Case Width 44 mm

Bezel Function Dive Bezel .... the rep functions like the genuine

Crown Screw-Down

Dial Color Black

Band Material Rubber

Clasp Type Buckle

Water Resistance 1000 M .... rep is WP to 1000 microns... :p

Warranty 2-Years Manufacturer ..... rep... NOT :mellow:

Close up of dial finish.. looks like powder coat.

23696271wy9.jpg

81310576eq9.jpg

br02002cy4.jpg15975980hu4.jpg

br02005li1.jpg

br02006dr9.jpg

br02017es9.jpg

br02016vd7.jpg

br02013wy6.jpg

br02027ur8.jpg

br02026pp2.jpg

br02019rm1.jpg

br02020iy3.jpg

br02035hj2.jpg

br02030uw5.jpg

br02034rr9.jpg

Not fully charged

br02055ew0.jpg

br02043nc3.jpg

br02044ic1.jpg

br02046hl5.jpg

br02059ox7.jpg

Summary:

I am not really versed in the B&R.. but with this one you really don't need to be .. judging form the official web site pics .... this was an easy one as .. all I needed to do was shoot the pics.. comparing the images

The dial seems to have a powder coat.. the hands a black wrinkle coat seems evident..

... it looks 100 to me.. maybe I missed something.. B)

This rep is no doubt first rate.. it has the HBB maker.. (Graham Chronofighter) .. Signature all over it.. crisp lume numerals and markers .. great machining... the inner bezel works IMO great.. tight snug but smooth, it has no gears.... in a rep class all it's own compared to other reps as far as quality .. weight.. dail accuracy.. the matte black is superb... wish this maker took the Rolex Deep Sea project...

The strap quality is just getting better on all the reps .. and this one is no exception.. it is an exceptional strap.. i find no need to source a genuine strap..

It has taken another 9 months to get this one out .. hat's off to the maker for this one.. truely perfection (as far as the rep world goes)

Thanks for viewing

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

I had one of the first versions of these to come out and it was as noisy as hell with the 2183 echoing round in the big case, what is running this one? The bezel truned very easily also i put in a thicker o ring to make it a bit tighter also i think it lacled the ratchet, it that what you mean whan you say no gears? It certanly looks good!

I had one of the first versions of these to come out and it was as noisy as hell with the 2183 echoing round in the big case, what is running this one? The bezel truned very easily also i put in a thicker o ring to make it a bit tighter also i think it lacled the ratchet, it that what you mean whan you say no gears? It certanly looks good!

It has a Asian ETA ~ 28k... very quiet though actually I cannot hear the rotor at all.. and keeping great time ... 3 weeks mostly on the winder now..

and yes,.. no ratcheting .. it would seem without handling the genuine that it would not the ratchet as there are no ticks .. It is very smooth turning .. not loose at all... by tight I meant very good feel to it .. not a "cheap" loose feel at all

It is really growing on me .. and yes, not only looks goo (thanks) but the quality of this one is superb !!

@robertk ... thank you , and yes you are correct in saying that this is one of the best reps "out of the box" of 08

@millsub.. thanks man !!

Glad to see you've got yours Lani - mine (the same contrasting SS case with arabic numerals, not the Seiko-looking 'Pro' dial) arrived a week or so ago and has not left the wrist since - literally, shower, pool, you name it - will take it down deeper when summer comes round.

It's an absolutely stunning rep, a modern classic reinterpretation of the dive watch - perfectly understated and rugged for a daily beater. Supremely comfortable also not just the size (44m) but also the case profile - not something I can say of my Aquagraph, it's dive 'twin' in my collection.

Having seriously toyed with buying the gen over the past 12 months (I could never find the particular variant I wanted in stock), I didn't hesitate when I saw they finally came up with a vastly improved version of this. Everything is there, where it should be, and as it should be - quality is superb. Even the little black soft-touch rubber-like crown covers. Only slight possible quirk is the AR on the crystal, not quite as strong as on the gen IMO, but hey we expect that these days.

Oh and the rubber strap, as Lani says, is spot on to the gen, even down to the vanilla-scent (similar to my 'Graph, where the scent is caused by the treatment that keeps the rubber flexible at very cold temps). Still, just picked up a gen canvas strap for a change of look (Carl @ GGB is still out of action, but the gen was very reasonably priced anyway).

Gen pic below of my choice (watch on left, but with both straps), but honestly, I'd defy anyone to spot the difference if I staged this with the rep (maybe I will when I'm home after the holidays).

post-115-1230573988_thumb.jpg

Glad to see you've got yours Lani - mine (nice contrasting SS case with arabic numerals, not the Seiko-looking 'Pro' dial) arrived a week or so ago and has not left the wrist since - literally, shower, pool, you name it - will take it down deeper when summer comes round.

It's an absolutely stunning rep, a modern classic reinterpretation of the dive watch - perfectly understated and rugged for a daily beater. Supremely comfortable also not just the size (44m) but also the case profile - not something I can say of my Aquagraph, it's dive 'twin' in my collection.

Having seriously toyed with buying the gen over the past 12 months (I could never find the particular variant I wanted), I didn't hesitate when I saw they finally came up with a vastly improved version of this. Everything is there, where it should be, and as it should be - quality is superb. Even the little black soft-touch rubber-like crown covers. Only slight possible quirk is the AR on the crystal, not quite as strong as on the gen IMO, but hey we expect that these days.

Oh and the rubber strap, as Lani says, is spot on to the gen, even down to the vanilla-scent (similar to my 'Graph, where the scent is caused by the treatment that keeps the rubber flexible at very cold temps). Still, just picked up a gen canvas strap for a change of look (Carl @ GGB is still out of action, but the gen was very reasonably priced anyway).

Gen pic below of my choice (watch on left, but with both straps), but honestly, I'd defy anyone to spot the difference if I staged this with the rep (maybe I will when I'm home after the holidays).

post-115-1230573988_thumb.jpg

Ahhhaa... I didn't feel it ma place to mention that you have toyed and handled the genuine Doc. . so I am glad that you posted your thoughts on this model..

as one of the members that really always research the genuine through and through B)

It does have the maker of the graham's signature all over.. meaning the crisp lines in the lume and engraving..just the overall quality of workmanship in the rep. and for the price it is possibly "one" of the best of 08 ..

I do like the Pro~dial in carbon though.. do you know if the genuine is DLC or PVD ? I am assuming DLC .. and is the genuine matte finish ?? The Pro dial does look like a better match to the carbon coat... IMO

With all the end of the year releases that were being worked on in the last year.. the B&R 02 snuck in with all the bigger brands .. but just may turn out to be the best of the best..

Lani, definitely an inside track stealth winner is the BR-02, "the best of the best" as you say - so wearable, this baby has even been keeping my Blacksteel benched :shock:

Agree about the Seik...err Pro dial looking better (if one really must :p) on carbon, but whilst the gen is DLC (almost-black in colour and yes, it's matte) the rep spec is "PVD black" which suggests to me scratch-like-a-[censored] "coating". Doubt the maker has invested in the DLC "stain" process we saw with the Blacksteel. So the supposed 'carbon' case is not worth the trouble in the long run I feel, whatever dial variant you choose.

p.s. glad to see you took my recommendation in the end after wavering and expressing some (unnatural) Pro dial love :lol: will post some pics on the canvas strap next week ;)

p.p.s. if you REALLY have to sate that 'carbon' lust of yours, then suggest you wait for the inevitable 'colour lume' LE editions - the gens are out now, the blue in particular looks good. Me? well, I'll keep a beady eye out for the chrono version, naturellement.

post-115-1230595370_thumb.png

Lani, definitely an inside track stealth winner is the BR-02, "the best of the best" as you say - so wearable, this baby has even been keeping my Blacksteel benched :shock:

p.s. glad to see you took my recommendation in the end after wavering and expressing some (unnatural) Pro dial love :lol: will post some pics on the canvas strap next week ;)

post-115-1230595370_thumb.png

:smurf: hahahhaaa... *cough*.. *choke* .. OK.. I'm OK.. just read this whilst biting on an apple .. as memory serves me.. someone (I will keep him anonymous :rolleyes: ) told me he was going to get the "Sei_ _ _ ......... um.. Pro Divers dial (which IMO is as interesting as watching paint dry).. to which I replied .. I'm going for the numeric version ..But whom am I to contradict the "Doc"... :)

Wear it well my Friend !!

Lani yet another great review! Thanks for taking time do it.

On another note, I have to stop looking at your reviews. You make a tempting proposition. I think I'm gonna have to order up on this one. I've handled, quite thoroughly, the gen and this one seems very good. Thanks again.

:smurf: hahahhaaa... *cough*.. *choke* .. OK.. I'm OK.. just read this whilst biting on an apple .. as memory serves me.. someone (I will keep him anonymous :rolleyes: ) told me he was going to get the "Sei_ _ _ ......... um.. Pro Divers dial (which IMO is as interesting as watching paint dry).. to which I replied .. I'm going for the numeric version ..But whom am I to contradict the "Doc"... :)

Wear it well my Friend !!

Ha ha arggh, ok maybe I'm going a bit senile :crazy:

You're right my friend (except for the libellous part about ME going for the 'Seiko' :shock:) we were discussing the merits of the case types not the dial, was someone else the conversation about the Pro dial, possibly my AD! Crap, really have been working too hard :(

My apologies for accusing you of liking the (zzzzzz) Pro dial, possibly a worse crime than harbouring a secret penchant for Mamma Mia :p

Your reputation for good taste remains intact my friend - no need to sue for libel. Now if you could just post a similar retraction we'll be good :D

Ha ha arggh, ok maybe I'm going a bit senile :crazy:

You're right my friend (except for the libellous part about ME going for the 'Seiko' :shock:) we were discussing the merits of the case types not the dial, was someone else the conversation about the Pro dial, possibly my AD! Crap, really have been working too hard :(

My apologies for accusing you of liking the (zzzzzz) Pro dial, possibly a worse crime than harbouring a secret penchant for Mamma Mia :p

Your reputation for good taste remains intact my friend - no need to sue for libel. Now if you could just post a similar retraction we'll be good :D

I retract what ever there was to imply that you may have been in a moment of dilerium implying that you were liking the SSSSSSSSSEI.. whateva dial.. ..

how could I even think such garbaggggggge -_- .. me thinks we both have been working too hard.. B) btw... we were dicussing the cases in this thread Doc ... time for a Holiday for you .. those all nighters can be killin.. :)

The fact that I even got his rep . must mean I have somewhat good taste since you give it a thumbs up..

OK on to the next rep. :D

Lani-

Great review. Another must have. You have cost me dearly - happily, but dearly. :lol: Between the Blacksteel, Deep Sea and this review I am already long two watches more than I expected to be and it could be going to three. As long as I have you here, would all three be the better for a relume. ;)

This from the Mod and "Old School" RWG'r that has one of the coolest franken collections...

I can tell the standards by which the original members adhered to..B)

The Black Steel .. of course relume not only for the SL but to fix the off centered dots... this doesn't bother me as much since the DLC came out 1:1 with the genuine..

The Deep Sea... As we all know it has "Flaws" ... in all likelyhood will probably be fixed in a later version.. but IMO not anytime soon.. maybe toward the end of next year or longer.. in a V4 version.. (hopefully) .. mine is on it's way to RWG's "Heart and Soul" for the new white/blue SL that just came out :) .. like all reps.. although the colour of the lume is good and it will last for hours in the dark.. the brilliant "SL" intensity is lacking..

The B&R 02-92-ST .... I really see the Graham C. makers mark on this..this is the strongest lume out of all the reps .. except for the Steel Fish ... oh and the Omega SMP's... it glows when I come out of a room that I am in for 5 minutes that has flourecent lighting.. but again does not last as long as the SL..

The BR is definately the "sleeper" for 08 .. and may very well be one of the most accurate and well machined cases .. and for your standards.. this strap is first rate!!!!!!!

Martyd3 Posted Today, 06:17 AM

Lani,

I apologize if this has been covered, but do the crowns screw down? If so, do you think they will be reliable?

Thanks.

Marty

Sorry Marty.. I apologize for not stating this..

The crown is a screw down .. and the rubber grip is exceptional .. the threading does not feel like your classic rep thread.. it is top Q. !! smooooth..

You simply must see the CG's in person... if this maker took on the Panerai's there would be no need for any refitting of the CG's... the CG's are so flush to the case .. not a sliver of uneveness to be seen.. at least with the naked eye..

• 1 month later...
Where did you buy this amazing watch????

This rep is IMO one of the most accurate reps of 08 .. although it came out in the end of 08 ...

this is from Joshua .. @perfect clones

out of all the 08 BR's this is the best as far as accuracy

Aloha

Lani B)