When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strange thing with kingwatch

Jenever

XXXXXXXX

have a look inside

then post back here with what you find inside

edit to add..do not think of filing a pp dispute until you have looked inside the toy and/or communicated with king...she is a reliable seller

Edited by kenberg

Didn't someone else post a while back that they got a XXXXXXX from some dealer too?? I swear there is another post like this!

Have to say though, from all I've heard from people on here and some friends, she really does have a great rep! I would speak to her before calling 'scam'!!

OMFG

I never realized what a beautiful XXXXXXX it was

Immense shame. I'll try to rectify.

Of course, I was tricked once, long time ago, and it marks. Interesting trade methods, indeed, and I was not prepared for it - I'm a total newbie!-. PP is cancelled with my compliments to kingwatch.

As I say, I am new here. Any... any help on how can I edit the content of the post above? I'm afraid it can create misunderstandings if someone read in the future.

Oh, and thank you for the illuminating words!

What did you cancel with PayPal? Did you file a dispute and then took it back?

Yes. First thing I do was this, I never imagined the XXXXXXX. Usually I talk to the dealer before... but the last time they used this to gain a week and close his account (it was not PP, some other I can't recall now).

If I wasn't posting and reading here, the PP dispute will still be running . Fortunately that's not the case, I hope this doesn't affect kingwatch integrity. (Oh please tell me it don't!)

Guest Sql_pl

That's a really stupid thing to do - file a dispute before you talk to your dealer or even ask question here in our forums.

I do not think you need to be informed to look XXXXXXX - it is obvious.

Now wait till you get another watch hidden in a golf club...

Jenever,

First of all, welcome and I hope you enjoy your watch.

Second of all, NEVER file a paypal dispute without talking to the seller first. This should only be used as a last resort (if even then) and only if it is an absolute scam. Remember you are purchasing a counterfeit item and must assume some risk on your part.

This only leads to sellers accounts being frozen and, in turn, them not accepting paypal as a method of payment. It's also kind of hard for the seller to defend themselves trying to explain that they hid a XXXXXXXXX so that customs wouldn't seize the watch.

OK...Scolding over...live and learn...and enjoy that watch.

EDIT add - I knew some of our members wouldn't be too kind to you, but you have to understand why. It's stuff like this that puts our hobby at risk.

What can I say? Shame to me. I accept all rotten tomatoes.

I can only justify my quick action with the experience I told in the previous post. That seller was very kind, and we have long time crossing emails about mail failures and custom delays. Time that he used to dissapear.

Also, I usually buy from the People's Republic and always things are packed openly (xbox joystick replica, iPod remote replica, Olympus camera remote replica, to only say the last).

And a watch I buy some time ago comes to me in a bubble pack, but in this case the piece comes from inside the EC.

My first thinking of the "scam" was that the email was intercepted in same way, or that the entire kw page was replicated. In that case the PP team will be tracking the account of a different person.

I have a friend that send boxes to enterprises, to pay in destination. Usually a secretary picks up the package, paid the fee (not very high, to not raise suspicion) and open the box in the office. Inside, my friend puts old demo diskettes and a letter of thanks, encouraging to buy the software (that was not related with him of course).

Picking and paying the box in the post office, the poor girl can't legally claim because she accepted the whole thing. This worked some time.

When I see XXXXXX, I think of my friend's game.

On a constructive way, it may be good for others (I understand that anyone is newbie in aything for some time) if this topic persist, but editing names to not harm more than I do.

As far as I am concerned if a dealer is going to ship something in a XXXXXX he should inform the buyer of that fact

People are not mind readers..there are many new folks buying replcas and they can not be expected to KNOW everything.

I had a dealer ship a watch to my wife in Berlin, she received a XXXXXXX and had no idea it contained a watch

How could she?..I had no idea he was shipping it XXXXXX and he did not inform me of that fact...

I think its rude to call folks fukin noob and dumb simply because they are uninformed

Every single person who posts here was once a newbie

I think its rude to call folks fukin noob and dumb simply because they are uninformed

Every single person who posts here was once a newbie

I agree...at the same time, many dealers list the fact that they may conceal items during shipment in their FAQ... if it is there and the buyer doesn't read it...I don't blame the dealer. If it isn't there than I feel the dealer should at least give a heads up on their website.

Another thing to keep in mind is that since many dealers drop ship, they have no idea when an item will be sent XXXXXXX... I've received some XXXXXXX, some in simple plastic wrap, and some in huge balls of tape- all from the same dealer!

I agree...at the same time, many dealers list the fact that they may conceal items during shipment in their FAQ... if it is there and the buyer doesn't read it...I don't blame the dealer. If it isn't there than I feel the dealer should at least give a heads up on their website

Another thing to keep in mind is that since many dealers drop ship, they have no idea when an item will be sent inside a toy... I've received some inside toys, some in simple plastic wrap, and some in huge balls of tape- all from the same dealer!

My wifes watch came from Josh..if he has something about XXXXXX shipping on his website I have never seen it and just looked again and can not find it

If he is drop shipping then a little heads up with the order confirmation that your item MAY arrive inside of another widget would be a courteous gesture

Without that information a new buyer can not be expected to know of a concealed shipment