When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ulysse Nardin Marine Chrono

Nice macro's informative write up. At first I really liked this rep and even considered buying it but after seeing Phoband's pics and now yours, I changed my mind!

IMO this strap is now already 2009th ugliest strap. It looks absolute horrible on the wrist with that weird metal thingy....:disgust:

One question. The day wheel should be sunken...However i cannot see this flaw in the pictures.

The gen uses a 7753... therefore..the gen has no sunken DW.

Could you confirm us or post a picture of the sunken DW?

Thanks,

Francisco.

it is sunken.. but with the round date window and mag , it is very hard to tell, I had to use a loupe..

Nice macro's informative write up. At first I really liked this rep and even considered buying it but after seeing Phoband's pics and now yours, I changed my mind!

IMO this strap is now already 2009th ugliest strap. It looks absolute horrible on the wrist with that weird metal thingy....:disgust:

We definately have different taste in 2009.. :)

This watch is flirting with me... just a few weeks back when it was announced i hated it same happened with the AP ROO sec at 12...

I'm putting this down to some excellent picture making skills by some people here ;) or cud be i am in for a ride in 2009 regarding some watches i never would consider before...

You gotta love this hobby :p

Laz

i just got a DLSR and i've been learning what the various settings can do - and there are SO many more photos i can get with the DLSR compared to even a top point and shoot.

anyway for computer enhancement go get a for dummies book for photoshop - if you learn the blurring, blending, and cloneing technique your mostly there.

cloneing is what you can do to copy a portion of the picture elsewhere, its how you get rid of dirt, hair fingerprints change backgrounds

also HUGE is a polarizing filter. it changes what reflections can be seen - you can make crystals and glare disapear. or like i'm using it to make sure the reflection int he wood is very visable. :)

Thanks for all the info Pho !! that would be great to enhance and clean up the image.. although I think for the purposes of a macro review.. it may be more informative to get it as "real" to what I see.. (although I don't see as well as the macro lens).. if I take away all reflections etc. it would not be "true" to what members see also..

But it would be fun for just pics as pics..

Have fun with your DSL.. maybe it's time for me to read something, even the book that the Camera came with.. :lol:

thank you all for your encouragements !!

Thanks for all the info Pho !! that would be great to enhance and clean up the image.. although I think for the purposes of a macro review.. it may be more informative to get it as "real" to what I see.. (although I don't see as well as the macro lens).. if I take away all reflections etc. it would not be "true" to what members see also..

But it would be fun for just pics as pics..

Have fun with your DSL.. maybe it's time for me to read something, even the book that the Camera came with.. :lol:

thank you all for your encouragements !!

actually not so true - its very difficult to take an image and make it look like it does in real life. I spent like an hour tweaking my nardin photo - the last one i posted, adjusting color ect to get it closer to what it looked like in my hand.

i think we both agree right off that we can't make that dial POP in a photo as it looks in life :) This watch Pops like no other rep i have ever gotten. I think its part of the AR and part of the high polish :)

this is the one i'm talking about

82725957oi6.jpg

One question. The day wheel should be sunken...However i cannot see this flaw in the pictures.

The gen uses a 7753... therefore..the gen has no sunken DW.

Could you confirm us or post a picture of the sunken DW?

Thanks,

Francisco.

Here is the pic that shows the sunken date wheel from a macro side view, very noticable sunken date wheel

unmarinechrono014qv4.jpg

But when looking at the date wheel straight on it would appear on a glance that it is not sunken as Fransico noted.. this seems to be due to the sanwiched mag, if looking at a slight angle through the mag the sunken date wheel is a little noticable,... but you would really have to "work" at seeing it that way.. and with certain lighting..

As I say,.. better "lucky than good" :D

unmarinechrono006is0.jpg

Pho ... Lani.....your pics make me green with envy.....wish I could take half as good pics as that

It was actually this forum that got me started with the camera,.. seeing Bazz's .. Pugs ... BT's ... but too much digital manipulation IMO makes the pic look surreal.. but everyone has their own preference.. like we do with watches.. and then you have the artistic shooters... freddy has the most amazing style and imagination ..

But thanks for the words of encouragement.. :)

Pho ... Lani.....your pics make me green with envy.....wish I could take half as good pics as that

With digital photography its not that hard, you just have to do some trial and error - I learned all the good stuff here from Pugwash and TTK -

Lightboxs - which, i still use mine that i made from Wire hangers and a cut up tshirt and 2 8 dollar lights i got from home depot. :)

then, you have to start to understand your camera and just play with the settings. plenty of great websites out there. up until 2 weeks ago i took all my photos with a canon pocket sized camera that fit in the shirt pocket. THe DSLR really opens up your world to allowing for more possibilities with focus, depth of field, and the 1 thing i couldn't get that TTK really made his living on with his photos was that polarizer filter- thats a game changer and what set TTK apart from all the other dealers.

Pugs also taught me about reflecting Black back - and your like WHAT? well, i used it in my collection photo, one of my watches was reflecting the white tshirt in the crystal - so, i got a black tshirt and rolled it up in front of that part of the lightbox uh, i mean tshirt - Turns a crystal clear as day instead of reflecting light back.

its all about light.

then i have started experimenting with backgrounds and floors - i followed TTK's lead with the wood box. I'm actually using a watch box my parents bought for me, there is only an area of about 4/ 3 inches where i can use to get that glossy wood reflecting look. i'm actually going to head to the store and see if i can paint me something that works the same so i can do more.

The collection shot that is reflecting granite? its a Cheese server that someone got me for my wedding, a black granite type material with silver pieces on the sides. its only 4 inches deep, you have go in later and erase out all the parts of the lightbox :)

see here you can see the lightbox and the silver thing on the cheese display wizardft2.th.jpg

makeshiftjq3.th.jpg

back2ir0.th.jpg

So, we can all learn :) i did, THANKS RWG

There was too much light and the lume was not charged when I took the pics (yesterday).. this is a 1/4 sec. exposure.. .. this may be the weak link the lume glows bright but only for a very, very short time.. either that or it needs more time out of the box in daylight to charge..

unmarinechrono044jt9.jpg

It was actually this forum that got me started with the camera,.. seeing Bazz's .. Pugs ... BT's ... but too much digital manipulation IMO makes the pic look surreal.. but everyone has their own preference.. like we do with watches.. and then you have the artistic shooters... freddy has the most amazing style and imagination ..

But thanks for the words of encouragement.. :)

ha, how funny :) we wrote the same thing

i enjoy the photo stuff almost as much as the wearing the watch stuff

Got the UN yesterday. Will put up some pics soon.

The quality of the rep is mindblowing....a job very well done. Love the way the markers on the sub-dial kinda float

I love the watch....showed it to the wife....she said it's ok. Pushed her to say more than that....and she says....looks like a toy watch :p

p.s. I got the red/black version. Wondering if the RG version will look classier

Got the UN yesterday. Will put up some pics soon.

The quality of the rep is mindblowing....a job very well done. Love the way the markers on the sub-dial kinda float

I love the watch....showed it to the wife....she said it's ok. Pushed her to say more than that....and she says....looks like a toy watch :p

p.s. I got the red/black version. Wondering if the RG version will look classier

Congrats Samu .. in advance !!.. can't wait to see your pics brah !!

Will take some pics tonight and post.

Am seriously tempted to order the RG black face one. I know the rotor is screwed up compared to gen and the screws in the srtap midlink should be black.....but still......decisions....decisions.....

careful .. if it's plated .. it would be nice if it were the "wrapped" gold.. this piece jus keeps getting better looking everyday.. at first I thought it was too much.. but it is a winner.. !! I'll be looking for your images !!!!!!

Live Strong and Wear it Well !!

Edit Add: .. Wow !!! jus took a peek at it Samu.. SWEEEET... RG ...... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yes....the RG is looking very nice. Plating the rotor shouldn't be a problem.....as it is unlikely the gold will ever wear off from that. If the rotor has UN printed in white...then plating is not an option....if it is engaved...then yes...it can be done.

Just asked Josh if this can be delivered to me by the 6th Feb.....am off on a 2 week vacation after that.