When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Awesome racing Game for PC: rFactor

By-Tor

I bought a XBox 360 recently....it was fun for a few weeks but PC games are much more interesting due to member-based addons...I'm a sports gaming guy and while the 360 versions are pretty....at the end of the day they can't compete against community-made mods.

Besides fully rebuilt NHL 2004 (which might be the best sports game ever), I've played this amazing F1 simulator: rFactor.

The best part of this game is that you can download virtually unlimited amounts of member based tracks, cars, series... there's Indycar, F1 season 1988, current F1 Season, Porsche Cup, etc. etc.

Check these in High Definition and you'll get the idea:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Replays:

">

Crashes are pretty cool too:

">

Any other fans?

I play rFactor for 4 years, this definitely the best racing simulator for pc

i have made a mod for this, check it out here http://wtccbmwe90season06-08.blogspot.com/

and here http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=WTCC%20BMW%20E90

ps: check my rfactor screenart page here http://rfactor-screens.blogspot.com/

enjoy

Looks great. What controllers are you using?

I'm into 'simulators', never had a gaming 'box' per se`. This is what this looks like to me; a racing simulator, not a 'game'. I did the 'NASCAR' EA Sports versions until recently. Some of the curcuit rookies use the software to do hot laps at tracks where they have no experince to learn to hit the marks. Even on PC you can master it, then where's the challenge?

I got waaaaay too in volved with the flying sim; Fighting Falcon: Allied Force, a scary real combat simulator staged in Bosnia. Played on-line until my eyes bled most nights. Had to give it up as I was addicted. 40 minutes on RWG four hours in an F-16. Crasy.

I may have to break out my wheel and pedals though. This sim looks fun!

@Demsey: I use a gamepad. But rfactor is best with a decent racing wheel of course. I haven't gotten into "that" level just yet. :D

I've always been addicted to games too, mainly sports games... Pro Evolution Soccer series (mainly 5 and 6 because I prefer them over the newer versions) and NHL 2004. There's nothing left of the original game except the AI... it has been completely rebuilt, including the interface, by hardcore hockey freaks... and it's damn amazing. For some reason EA got it right with this single hockey year... the AI for EA's other hockey games (for PC) is just crap (imho), including the new NHL 09. Rebuilt 2004 SCREENSHOT

I also play MVP Baseball 2005 and Madden 08. Both of those sports (baseball and American football) are almost completely unknown for us Europeans... well, your football originated from English rugby, and I know the basics. Well anyway, I can recognize a good sports game when I see one. And besides, both are really nice games and I got interested in both sports too. :)

@AMStaff: Looks fantastic... you seem to have some serious talents man. Thanks for the link, I will definitely try that mod.

I use a gamepad. But rfactor is best with a decent racing wheel of course. I haven't gotten into "that" level just yet. :D

@AmStaFF: Looks fantastic... you seem to have some serious talents man. Thanks for the link, I will definitely try that mod.

you must definitely use a racing wheel, you lost 1-2 sec. pro lap with your gamepad.

I use a Logitech Momo Racing Force Wheel, you cant buy it for a low price for the time being.

check this link

ps. let me know what you think about my mod ;)

I use a Logitech Momo Racing Force Wheel

I do as well. Tried others that friends had, but Logitech is the best by far. I use 'Saitek' controllers for flight. Your mods look great AS! I think I'll give rFactor a go. The wife will not be pleased.............................

• 2 months later...