When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of Rolex Submariner WM9 v2

By-Tor

BK and TC located the WM9 factory last year, and sell "WM9" watches without calling them that. You see, there is a huge stigma regarding WM9, in that George vanished with many thousands of pre-order dollars from forum members. Maybe he is dead, and maybe he is not. Anyone saying WM9 watches are rare is trying to keep the value of their own, older WM9 watch from plummeting.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

V2 looks amazing. Can't wait for the v3 this year

I think you're mixing up watch models a bit. This review talks about the smaller, older, 16610 Submariner, with alu insert.

"v3 coming out soon" references to the announced Noobmariner 116610 Sub, the current, larger model with ceramic insert. In contrast to the BK and TC models discussed here, the Noobmariner is a chinese, out-of-the-box model of arguably nice quality.

Edited by Gngn
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Bring this old thread back to life,,Even though BK has been out of stock on the old TW/WM9/V1 ...I still love these old case set even though TC's are more accurate to gen the WM9 is still worth building! Just built my 7 th WM9 Frankenstein still a nice piece IMO!

Sent from my Rolex thinking brain!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks my friend, I was only too happy to help a very important member of this community. 

A user thanks "Rudy4010" and you respond with "Thanks"?

Thank you for pointing out that you (Gloricy) and Rudy4010 are the same person who has created multiple accounts, and you have so far posted 4 posts spamming a non TD website, plus what I suspect is your third account has spammed the same site once.

Reported. Again.

A user thanks "Rudy4010" and you respond with "Thanks"?

Thank you for pointing out that you (Gloricy) and Rudy4010 are the same person who has created multiple accounts, and you have so far posted 4 posts spamming a non TD website, plus what I suspect is your third account has spammed the same site once.

Reported. Again.

Buddy i have no ideal what you are talking about??? 

Buddy i have no ideal what you are talking about???

For one i have been on RWI as Rudy40 for a couple of years with over 6k in post over 70 some positive feed back.and have been on RWG.BIZ and Rep Geek just as long!.With hundreds of transaction's on the forums!.So i have been around a little longer than just a year there buddy!...I had trouble before getting registered

on this forum...But its all straitened out now! And i have friends here that can tell you... (Alberto.Ephry.Misiekped live1.rsh.ssteel.etc)....I maybe a post [censored] but no spammer!.. So spammer?? I dont think so bro? Noob not!...Now if i have multiple accounts? Im not aware of it? And if i was a spammer why would i pay for VIP?? Geeez!

No worries mate, just the way that the spammer replied to someone thanking you for your post as if they had posted it.

I'd already reported the spammer for either having two accounts or there were two people working for the site they are spamming, both registered within a few days of each other, both spamming the same site, and this was the very next post of his I saw after seeing their Laurel and Hardy sketch and so I jumped to the wrong conclusion. No offense intended.

No worries mate, just the way that the spammer replied to someone thanking you for your post as if they had posted it.

I'd already reported the spammer for either having two accounts or there were two people working for the site they are spamming, both registered within a few days of each other, both spamming the same site, and this was the very next post of his I saw after seeing their Laurel and Hardy sketch and so I jumped to the wrong conclusion. No offense intended.

Well i'm not going to lie.. i was a little offended being called a spammer! But i have been called worse before...LOL!!

No worries bro! I now i'm new here and look a little out of place...hence why i put my RWI sig up..And  I do post a lot of BS... but i don't mean no harm...I'm really passionate about this hobby

And come here to learn a few things from the big boys!

So no harm done here bro...All good! ;)  

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

I had a few questions about the Submariner 116610 SS/SS Black V7 Noob SA3135

Below are claims of a site about the 116610 Version V7 Submariner. Just wondering if they are overstated. Especially about the front glass being the same height above the bezel. Also is the bracelet correct for the watch? Platinum paint? Any comments would be appreciated.

Superlume in Blue and Sapphire Clad Pearl as per Genuine.

Platinum Paint Diver Bezel Infill... New Alpha Numeric Serials.... External dimension and Parts are interchangeable with the Genuine!!! Invisible Etched Crown at 6.00 within the Crystal!!!
MOVEMENT: Asian Clone SA 3135, Automatic Movement 25J, 28800bph, Red Wheel, Same Size and Decoration as per Calibre 3135
BRACELET: Brushed SS 
New Style Oyster Bracelet with Insignia Single Foldover Clasp, Serial number inscribed on end links 
FRONT GLASS: Sapphire Crystal, Same Thickness and Height above Bezel as per the Genuine, Invisible Etched Crown at 6.00
BEZEL: Black Ceramic Sandwich Bezel, Numeral Diver Bezel with Glass Clad Blue Superlume Pearl Dot, 120 Clicks Uni-directional 
CLASP TYPE: New Rolesor Clasp

The Noob V7 is very, very good. As to how good, that is largely subjective and you will have to make your own mind up. A quick search of the forum will bring up a night's reading on reviews, comparisons and franken builds. 

You also don't say which site you found the information on, was it a TD?

• 1 month later...

Another old review pictures back up.

This was THE shit back in the day before TC. To be honest I thought this was "perfect" enough. I bought a gen 16610 two years ago and I still have my WM9 with gen crown, gen insert and new sels (a gift from bklm1234 when my son was born).

It's very good, in my opinion, even compared to my gen. The only real difference is that the gen bracelet can never be replicated 100%. It has very special "feel", although being just that lowly hollow Oyster-thing. Can't put my finger on it what's so different.

Mine has now gen crown and bklm's new SEL's. Thanks again bklm if you're reading this. You were a true friend and a great modder. :)

Wxy4RIW.jpg

PS: Please guys... make the review threads in my sections open again (so people can reply to then). 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Tribal. Cheers mate. I'm wearing my WM9 today. I have my K-serial gen on the same table and when I pick up a watch in the morning I can't always tell them apart without putting my reading glasses on. Haha. The bracelet and clasp feel a bit different though.