When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of Rolex Submariner WM9 v2

By-Tor

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi BT and another great review.

One question..does your SUB WM9 V2 have a good AR coating on it?

I bought one from Chris at Eurotimez when he was there and was really disappointed with the lack of AR.

It really made the watch look like an el cheapo even though the watch functions perfecly. ( you can see the sort of cloudy reflective look the Sub in the picture has.

Geez a lot has changed in here, have been working in New Zealand for the past year and just havent

had any reason to jump in and have a look around.

I have bought a SOH, A Super lume Pam Luminor Marina with a Gen band and a U-Boat over the last couple of years though and am very happy with them all.

I respect you comments BT and will go with what you say about the AR coating on your new SUB.

Some pics pics of my humble collection.

I look forward to your reply,

cheers & beers from Downunder

Jim T

Picture188-2.jpg

Picture248-1.jpg

Picture269.jpg

CopyofBreitlingSuperOcean2.jpg

Edited by JimmyT

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Where can I order this one and what's the price range?

the WM9 factory closed a couple of years ago. The best modern Submariners are now made by BK's Watch Garage and a guy named TC on a different watch replica forum. You can find both these dealers/builders with a quick search here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great review superb watch!

since I'm quite new into rep watches I don't intend to buy an wm9 but rather the 116610 from Joshua. On the one hand I'm a perfectionist but I don't care if it's not as close to the gen like the wm9 v2. So would I be happy with the 116610 from Joshua with an asian eta clone?

I'm glad to hear any answer!

If you are truly a perfectionist, I must warn you that other perfectionists have been here in the past, and have been unable to overcome their own doubts about replica watches. They just can't be happy with a copy.

I hope you are happy with your choices!

Thanks for your answer. As I told you I am a perfectionist and extremely fascinated by classic and timeless watches. I totally understand your doubts but I am fascinated by replicas and I all I want is a good copy of the 116610 and a rolex vintage sub like to one on your picture next to the pam. So my question is if anybody can recommend Joshs subs like the 116610 with black ceramic bezel and even the vintage models.

Thanks!

Oh I don't have doubts about you; I was trying to warn you that people who are perfectionists sometimes have trouble with they replica watches. Can I ask what your price range is? I can point you to source if I know how much you are comfortable spending.

I'am glad to hear that. For a good 116610 with Swiss Eta i would spend up to 350 usd. As i told you I'm very happy if the watch looks and feel good. I am totally aware of the fact that a rep is not a gen but that is exactly what fascinates me that there are people who try everything to get as close as possible. So far I spent a lot of time reading also about franken, wm9 and so on. So what I basically search is a great sub but I don't expect it too look 100% original. As far as I can judge the 116610 from perfectclones seems a legit choice for my first sub? Or maybe you now a better source for me?

Thank you so much!

The first thing you should know about replica wathes is that almost all the Dealers carry the same watches. There are notable exceptions like "WM9 Factory" where a specific factory also is the Dealer, so obviously they have an "Exclusive" on the models they create.

You should be aware that WM9 is no longer "a thing" .. the official story is that George died by crashing his Lamborghini. It is a family business, tho, so the factory still operates but is no longer accessed directly .. you have to go through dealers like TC or BK

Yes, the dealer's "best" submariner offerings should be perfectly fine as your first replica watch. I would shop around, first, tho .. some dealers charge ****quite a bit**** more than others ..

The front page of this web site has our list of trusted dealers. They have been with us for years, and are reliable. If you are new to dealing with Chinese goods, tho, you should know that they have a very special National Holiday coming up soon that disrupts the entire country for up to a month. Literally everyone in China returns to their home village to celebrate, and it causes total chaos. Nothing moves .. gridlock on all trade. Prepare for many new people screaming "OH MY GOD WHERE IS MY WATCH I AM ANGRY"

Josh and Andrew are business partners who operate separate storefronts. Other trusted merchants for watches include:

King's Showbox

Watch Eden

Pure Time

BK's Watch Garage

Toro Bravo

Super Mirrors

there are more, including merchants like Bergie who specialize in *only* top-rank soft goods like purses and wallets, suits, and shoes and you can also find there custom strap makers in exotic leathers ...

Go here for a complete list ----->>>>  http://www.rwgforum.net/forum/230-watches-clothing-accessories/

Edited by Jkay

Yes indeed Jkay thanks for you patience. It saves me and hopefully other interested people a whole bunch of time. So watchmaker9 subs are getting very rare right? So basically the best we get from sites like Josh or Andrew are noobmariners and people like BK mod them another level? Did I understand that right so far? And when I was in Bali about 3 months ago i was in Kuta in a shopping mal which sold tons of reps. Most of them where good looking but taking them into the hand they felt cheap and not highend. In the end I found a very honest dealer who had some very very very good watches. For example rolex ceramic sub, ulysse nardin, vacheron constatin tourbillon. They all had eta movement (he showed it to me). He told me that they are from Korea since all high end reps are made there. Have you ever heard something like that before?

I'm just curious since they looked and felt 100 times better than all the other ones and the ulysse nardin was as good as the original since my dad ownes one I was able to compare.

Thanks for any input :)