When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cougaree Collection

cougaree

Thanks guys! Yep, they are all gen. By-Tor, thanks for your article on SOSF vs. UPO, I ended up getting them both (Although I am a noob for this forum, I've really enjoyed many of your reviews!). Due to the Chinese New Year, I will probably get my UPO in mid Feb, but the SOSF arrived today, it's everything you said to be. It will definitely get a lot of wrist time.

I currently have 5 reps: a Panerai 183h, a MM (no idea about the model), a Chopard GT XL (currently for sale), a SOSF and an UPO (will be here soon). I am sure this number will increase! The following are already on my to get list: a Rolex SD, a Rolex DSSD, a Rolex Sub (not much of a fan, but have to get one for my collection), a Omega Black SMP and a Breitling SOH. I am planning on pre-ordering the SD from wm9, DSSD and Breitling SOH from Trusty and Rolex Sub from Homer (the non-branded version I can buy on Ebay). I was told by everyone that no one makes better Omega black SMP, so I may have to wait on that one or just settle on the hundred dollar one Trusty sells (unfortunately I can't find any reviews on this watch). What do you think about my plan? Do you have better recommendations?

:) :) :)

I was told by everyone that no one makes better Omega black SMP, so I may have to wait on that one or just settle on the hundred dollar one Trusty sells (unfortunately I can't find any reviews on this watch). What do you think about my plan? Do you have better recommendations?

:) :) :)

If I were you I'd try to hunt down the black GMT version. But be careful, there's only one good version with black datewheel and "sunken" crown. It's a great buy for $100-something.

GMT ARTICLE

Unfortunately there are no great reps of the standard black Seamaster.

If I were you I'd try to hunt down the black GMT version. But be careful, there's only one good version with black datewheel and "sunken" crown. It's a great buy for $100-something.

GMT ARTICLE

The black SMP Chrono isn't bad...but they have the "happy feet" on the crown, and the OMEGA applique has the dash going through the bottom instead of the middle. Other than that...it's not bad.

The black SMP Chrono isn't bad...but they have the "happy feet" on the crown, and the OMEGA applique has the dash going through the bottom instead of the middle. Other than that...it's not bad.

I agree, very nice watch. But the subdial spacing is wrong on the chrono of course. Gen uses caliber 3303 if I remember correctly... same movement as in the automatic Speedmasters. So in that sense "Bond" Chronograph is the superior choice.

GMT ARTICLE

Is this something you were referring to?

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...products_id=183

For some reason, the second hand is a little bit short.