When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review Breitling For Bentley G T

Rolexman

Hi folks,

When the Breitling for Bentley was launched a couple of weeks ago I was itching to buy it. The only thing that was holding me back was that 9 of the 10 Breitling reps you see on the streets here in Holland is a Bentley...

Then the GT came out and I was blown away by it's beauty. Besides it's different dial, which sets it appart from the Canal street reps, the case is smaller which is a big plus. The GT is approx. 44mm while the regular Bentley is 48mm which is just too big IMHO. My genuine Breitling Steelfish is also 44mm so I knew it would fit my wrist nicely.

I chose the white dial purely because my Steelfish has a black dial. The other colours are too difficult to match with your clothes :yuk:

I bought many watches over the years and tried many different dealers. This time I bought my watch from Precious Time. Let me tell you; this guy is fast! Avarage reply to a PM within 5 minutes and I received the watch only 3 days after payment. The watch was carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and the package had 'fragile' stickers all over it. Overal PT was a pleasure to deal with. Perfect communication, fast shipping and he made me a nice price on the GT :victory:I would recommend him to everyone, especially EU based members.

Now over to the review. I can tell you that I owned almost all of the 'super' reps. Omega SMP, Breitling Seawolf Ti, Omega PO 4th, Tag Heuer Link Chono, Breitling Navitimer, Subs, Pams etc. But this watch is the absolute best!! The new Asian 7750 runs smooth as a baby's ass and keeps perfect time. When you hold the watch in your hands you know this ain't your average rep.....

I know there are some minor flaws but the only one that is worth mentioning is the crossing of the 't's' on the case back. Otherwise this watch is perfect in my opinion.

Just for the record: The day and date align perfectly.. it's the angle.

94279-27626.jpg

94279-27627.jpg

94279-27628.jpg

94279-27629.jpg

Deep engravings all over the watch.

94279-27630.jpg

Pretty almost perfect case back. The real deal has the serial# etched and not engraved by the way.

94279-27631.jpg

94279-27632.jpg

The clasp is freaking thight! you better have some thick nails...

94279-27633.jpg

The HEV?

94279-27634.jpg

The screw thread is perfect. Smooth winding. Just like my gen Breitling.

94279-27635.jpg

The small 'B' etched on the side of the bezel. Nice touch. The bezel turns very smooth.

94279-27636.jpg

The clasp fold with the engravement

94279-27637.jpg

The serials on the back of the bracelet

94279-27638.jpg

The jigsaw bracelet :g:

94279-27639.jpg

Wrist shot on a genuine Breitling strap

94279-27640.jpg

For this kind of money just can't go wrong. I don't think a genuine one would give you more pleasure. For me this is the best replica out of the box.

Hope you guys enjoyed the review. For specific questions you can always shoot me a PM.

Edited by Rolexman
  • Like 1

Beautiful watch, great pictures. This watch is very high on my list. I still haven't decided the dial color though.

Thanks for the exceptionally good review.

I have to agree with you. It is truly as good a rep "out of the box" as I've seen. I purchased the maroon one and am really enjoying it. I'm considering putting it on a breitling strap since I do find it a bit "blingy".

You're going to enjoy it a LOT.

....and you're review is terrific.

thank you

any info on how to use the slide rule on the GT? I have seen the instructions for the Navitimers but the GT sliderule is different.

Indeed!!

nothing to do with it besides setting the time

What do you mean by that? I have no problems with it.

Edited by Rolexman

Indeed a good looking watch.. I did not like it at first, but it is growing on me. It ozzes quality and good finish. It seems way better finished than the new Navitimer World rep.

What is the function of the "helium escape valve" on the case at 9 o'clock??

Edited by chrgod

Great review. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I have been wanting to buy this watch but my main concerns were rehaut and size of the inner bezel and dial versus the gen. It appears to me that the dial looks smaller and the inner bezel looks wider and deeper on the rep. I have never seen the gen though. Has anyone taken a close look? :)

Great review. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I have been wanting to buy this watch but my main concerns were rehaut and size of the inner bezel and dial versus the gen. It appears to me that the dial looks smaller and the inner bezel looks wider and deeper on the rep. I have never seen the gen though. Has anyone taken a close look? :)

Yep dude.. I think what you mentioned is correct, though Rolexman will be in a better position to tell you... :victory:

Hey Rolexman, first it was your SMP review which influenced me to purchase one, now THIS!! :bangin::bangin::p Damn, your reviews are always so friggin good! :thumbsupsmileyanim::Jumpy::thumbsupsmileyanim::Jumpy:

I've already placed an order for the black dial version from Jay (Silix)... Just to find out 2 other things, is the sapphire crystal AR-coated and are the crown pushers and crown screw-in types with o-rings? One comment I must make about your white dial version, the dial actually looks more cream than white... :g:

Cheers dude... :group:

Yep dude.. I think what you mentioned is correct, though Rolexman will be in a better position to tell you... :victory:

Indeed the dial is a little bit smaller and the inner bezel a little bit wider.... but believe me, nobody will notice, especially with the white dial. The rehaut is 99% the same as the genuine. I compared it today at a jeweler.

Hey Rolexman, first it was your SMP review which influenced me to purchase one, now THIS!! :bangin::bangin::p Damn, your reviews are always so friggin good! :thumbsupsmileyanim::Jumpy::thumbsupsmileyanim::Jumpy:

I 'm trying to make sure you guys buy the best reps out there :victory:

I've already placed an order for the black dial version from Jay (Silix)... Just to find out 2 other things, is the sapphire crystal AR-coated

No AR but I also didn't see any AR on the gen today....

and are the crown pushers and crown screw-in types with o-rings?

No idea?... already cleaned it under the running tap and no problems.

One comment I must make about your white dial version, the dial actually looks more cream than white... :g:

Cheers dude... :group:

Indeed it's cream... like the gen :lol:

Edited by Rolexman

How about the Day/Date font and colour - are they close to the Gen ?

The rep is slightly brighter red...

(chrgod @ Jul 31 2006, 10:57 AM)

What is the function of the "helium escape valve" on the case at 9 o'clock??

Looks like on some Breitlings you get a crown there to turn the bezel. I could be wrong ...

Nope.. the Chronomatic has the crown on the left side, but it functions as a regular crown. In this case it's a HEV of some sort.

Edited by Rolexman

Hey Rolexman...

I got smitten by the creamy look of yours... :wub: and got Jay to change mine to one with the cream dial too... hehehe... :yeah::yeah:

Great choice... A&J are great. You will defenately enjoy your 99% perfect GT :3a:

Is there any way to replace the Day/Date wheels ?

Forget the rep!......as a perfectionist you're better off buying a USD 3400,- genuine.

Edited by Rolexman