When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN Blancpain FF?

pam027

Hello Pam027,

I saw his photobucket site and the page at RWI, I'm completely in love with those FF, especially the 07.

I compared the DSN watches and the gen, at this site below, and the DSN's one are pretty awesome.

hxxp://www.watchdeco.com/fiftyfathoms/index.html

One thing I notice is that those vintage watches have a lot of differences between them, even the same model, I think it is because of the natural aging process that act in a different way in them (am I crazy?).

Anyway, they are wonderful watches, and I'm almost pulling the trigger.

Max

PAM027,

Here are a few pix I took last week of my FF07. My quick and dirty initial impressions are good, the finish is nice and solid. The one thing I like about the FF is the simplicity of design. Some don't like the thick bezel but I think it has the cool appearence of a port hole. This has a great vintage feel to it and the accuracy details aside I think there is a lot of bang for the buck. Since there are a heck of a lot less FF WIS out there this will pass must muster with flying colors.

Pros:

• Keeps COSC time
  • Reverse printed bezel insert in clear acrylic like the gen
  • Case thickness seems correct compared to the Precista PRS-50, which lugs are too thick and feels top heavy -I don't get this feel with the DSN version
  • Caseback engravings are correct

Cons:

• Ratcheting bezel (not sure that is correct for the vintage FF???) and quality control gripe: the bezel insert is not aligned perfectly
    • Bezel rim is too thin
    • Dome acrylic crystal is not tall enough compared to gen photos I've seen (sorry, I didn't take a profile shot to illustrate this)
    • Lug spacing 22mm instead of 20mm, I'm not an expert but believe the earlier FF models were 19-20mm in the lug spacing
    • Case shouldn't have a dimple between the lugs for watch strap

ef474d4d.jpg

bbb7c565.jpg

04add30e.jpg

6ec8705a.jpg

6ea6038c.jpg

Guys I received my DSN FF95 in two days flat fastest ever. Not only that this watch is worth every penny if you only buy one watch this year this is it. I cant rave enough about this thing. Ill do an in depth review later because its late but Im attaching photos. One of the things that impresses me most is the lume on this thing looks like 3D and the accuracy is astonishing (see the rep compared to the original in my book in the photo) the crown is off but so what I like this better than my UPO and that says alot. Get the watch you wont be disappointed.

post-10162-1235012562_thumb.jpg

post-10162-1235012553_thumb.jpg

post-10162-1235012545_thumb.jpg

post-10162-1235012530_thumb.jpg

post-10162-1235012520_thumb.jpg

post-10162-1235012511_thumb.jpg

post-10162-1235012454_thumb.jpg

toomuchgear,

thanks for the pics.

It is really a very good rep and a beautiful watch.

For myself I think I will choose the FF95.

About the PRS-50 you are right it is topheavy and after 3 month I

Edited by toomuchgear

adding a webpic from decowatch for comparison

http://www.watchdeco.com/fiftyfathoms/imag...s/image143.html

Guys I received my DSN FF95 in two days flat fastest ever. Not only that this watch is worth every penny if you only buy one watch this year this is it. I cant rave enough about this thing. Ill do an in depth review later because its late but Im attaching photos. One of the things that impresses me most is the lume on this thing looks like 3D and the accuracy is astonishing (see the rep compared to the original in my book in the photo) the crown is off but so what I like this better than my UPO and that says alot. Get the watch you wont be disappointed.

post-10162-1235012562_thumb.jpg

post-10162-1235012553_thumb.jpg

post-10162-1235012545_thumb.jpg

post-10162-1235012530_thumb.jpg

post-10162-1235012520_thumb.jpg

post-10162-1235012511_thumb.jpg

post-10162-1235012454_thumb.jpg

For those on the fence about the FF95 because of the crown, take a look at this

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2008/10/8/ori...ty-fathoms.html

http://www.fiftyfathoms.net/FiftyFathoms/FiftyFathoms.html

It seems there were so many models made any combination would be acceptable.

What are you waiting for.

By the way I scratched my watch face really bad today on the door. Rubbed some toothpaste on it and wiped it off good as new. If I do modify this thing it will be to put in a cambered scratch-resistant sapphire crystal. Will still retain the look of the plastic but will be sapphire so I can leave the toothpaste alone

Love this watch

Edited by Coeuss