When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP RubberClad Rose Gold

Dani

Saw that some seconds ago....looks great.

When they price it reasonably , it can be a hot-seller allthough the recent times are not that good with the recession :cry:

So I have to decide wether it will be the new rose gold Rubberclad or the upcoming IWC Top Gum real brushed ceramic.

Theo

Hopefully they updated the rubber-bezel!!!

dial problems again...tachymeter should have WHITE #s....the AP text on the dial should be white too. Come on factories....pay attention to the details!

-bosk

yupp, lets hope it gets fixed i will not buy whit such faults. -_-

still its here next is a good rb2. :)

I sent a mail to Josh and told him about this flaws, his simple answer was:

"Hi,

Maybe you are refering to another model of ap..

The current model is avail in gen.. According to the maker.

Iwc .. Should be avail end of this month.

Thanks

Joshua"

So I fear they will not change it...what a shame that the makers are so narrow-minded

"Hi,

Thanks

Joshua"

So I fear they will not change it...what a shame that the makers are so narrow-minded

Isn't this what they also told about the first ones with the silver date windows?

They will change afther some time...

Maybe they can show us a pic of the gen :D

"Hi,

Thanks

Joshua"

this is why i have stopped buying reps such answers. <_<

It might be the lighting.... but in addition to the mentioned flaws it seems to me that the dialcolor is different - at least from the gold Rubberclad that's on AP's website.

I like the Rubberclads a lot, but the single biggest turnoff for me is the crappy rubber bezel - unless that gets permantently fixed, you spend a couple of hundred bucks on something that turns into a paperweight within a few weeks.

Its not Josh that build them so give him a break :)

He is just the dealer... if you dont like it dont buy it .. i wont.

- tazz

Thats true he is the dealer....but he is not just the dealer.....I believe you should be responsible for what you sell! And the simple answer "the maker said its correct, basta" is not the kind of responsibillity I am talking of.

Don

Seems he was a bit fast with his "all is fine-answer"..... the rep-forums have a big community and a strong buyers-guild... I really hope the maker will at least change the tachymeter and the AP logo in color.

If that will happen....I AM IN AGAIN for a piece :D

Theo

I am interested to know too. But I suppose huge majority if not all found them from one of these forums.

I did. and I bought 10 watches from them in a week since I joined.

In a way, I think they should take the time to listen to us. It's not that hard if they want to put the effort and read members' comments.

These forum has a HUGE influence on people buying their products. One example, I wanted to buy the AP navy and safari. from rep forums, I heard people saying that they are not close to gen. You know what. I did not buy those. Im sure majority of people bought products that has been given the thumbs up by members.

Let's hope the makers fix this gold AP.

you should know the marketing ploy. release a well anticipated rep such as this RG Rubberclad with some errors on it. people will buy it because it finallly came out and cant wait. then a few months later, they release a 'corrected' version with some fixes and then people will buy it again.

why make a perfect clone from the 1st release when you can make more money if you slowly release versions that slowly look exactly like the gen?

i dont think the chinese manufacturers are stupid in paying attention to the details on the watch, but just business savvy

you should know the marketing ploy. release a well anticipated rep such as this RG Rubberclad with some errors on it. people will buy it because it finallly came out and cant wait. then a few months later, they release a 'corrected' version with some fixes and then people will buy it again.

why make a perfect clone from the 1st release when you can make more money if you slowly release versions that slowly look exactly like the gen?

i dont think the chinese manufacturers are stupid in paying attention to the details on the watch, but just business savvy

biz savy they are not at all.

reason so many things is "made in china" is becasue its dirt cheap labor.

Mid last year I would have agreed to the stated phrase above...."why make it right the first time, the customers will come back and buy the upgraded piece"

But nowadays we are in a very different situation, the US set free over 600,000 jobs in January allone, EU is facing difficulties as well, asias markets are down.

So today a factory manager must be way stupid to think this way....money don

While there is a possibility that the flaws are put there on purpose. I somehow disagree with the statement. If they can make a perfect version from the beginning, why wouldn't they?

It does not make business sense at all. It would save them the effort to have to fix it later and they can move on to copy another version.

Believe me. There are more than enough AP models for them to copy. I think it is just not possible to have the same detailing in a $600 watch as the gen, which is $35-40k.

Currently, there are now 39 variations of AP ROO Limited editions alone and 32 variations of the 'standard' AP ROO. Total of 71 variations. (from www.luxury-bazaar.com)

Most of the it are just variations of materials and style of one model to another.

It might be just the pics. We wont know until someone has bought it and see it in person.

Gen : http://luxurybazaar.com/timepieces/images/...3fc09e079e0.jpg

Another: http://images.marketplaceadvisor.channelad...rose_gold/1.jpg

The first pic is kind like Josh's. The second pic is from another website. The 'AP' is white as supposed to dark grey from the 1st dealer.

Edited by arrowax