When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ulysse Nardin Marine Chrono RG ~ In Mac

Thank you again Lani & Robbie for another great review, because of the last one you did Lani I got the SS Blk/Rd

from Josh and I am just blown away with the quality right down to the titanium deployment clasp. I have bought

all the watches you have reviewed, even the BR.

Keep the good work up and I can't wait for your next :p

i've had problems with the screws falling off the bracelet- almost lost the watch twice.

i'm dying to get the gen UN Maxi Diver like Robbie has- the non chrono version. josh told me its in the

workks.

Be warned - that is a problem with the gen too - and even a problem with the gen MMD regular version on bracelet like mine. You have to do some no-perm Loctite on UN's. There was a guy on TZ who had a gen MMD special edition in WG fly off his wrist while jogging and land on concrete. Cost him five grand to get it fixed and completely restored. One of those little brand quirks. It is actually because the machining is so good and the threads are so perfect the screws can move. Anyway, be careful with UN bracelet screws - rep or gen...

Thank you All!

And Dani, I used the Nikor 60mm A/M Lens.. these pics were taken with Manual settings and I set the white light manually... I guess you would call it "custom", because to capture the "true" rose gold colour IMO you need to be as close to real life colour as possble.. and the lighting and settings need to be a little lower than normal or the rose gold turns to much reflection of light .. and that will discolour the gold to look more yellow.

FYI ~ the auto focus on the Nikor is good for shots that capture broader areas ie. the UN with the tea pot,.. but for close up macros and especially for images that try and capture depth of field.. the manual focus is a must, to get the "exact area" that you are trying to capture is very difficult (for me) with the auto. it's hard to delegate exactly where the lens is focusing in the auto mode

Granted the manual focus takes longer but the precision is better IMO.

The only reason I got the Nikor is the manager of the store offered to swap my sigma 105mm for the nikor .. and the 60 and 105 mm is no different on close up macro's .. it will make a difference in group or portrait shots as the 105 covers a wider range (area).. so he took a look at some of my images and told me he thinks I cold do better with the Nikor.. so as PR.. since I bought everything there.. he offered to do a swap .. I couldn't turn it down :)

But he did say the 105 mm Nikor has some tech issues .. nothing that would affect my images but overall the 60mm is the better macro lens, out of the 2 Nikor has.

Hope that helps B)

Thanks for the advice Lani.

Ill try get my hands on a macro lens.

Cheers bro,

Dani

Be warned - that is a problem with the gen too - and even a problem with the gen MMD regular version on bracelet like mine. You have to do some no-perm Loctite on UN's. There was a guy on TZ who had a gen MMD special edition in WG fly off his wrist while jogging and land on concrete. Cost him five grand to get it fixed and completely restored. One of those little brand quirks. It is actually because the machining is so good and the threads are so perfect the screws can move. Anyway, be careful with UN bracelet screws - rep or gen...

Is this true?

I have a UN on my shortlist for my next gen. Having to pay $$$$ to fix something without UN helping is pretty sickening. Worse still, if it flies of my wrist when paddling at sea I've lost it.

This info is enough to put me off completely.

She'd like it even less if it were the genuine B)

Your gonna love this one S

Cheers Mate !!

Lani

Thanks Lani. Sometimes a man has to stand up for himself (though the wife may make me eat my words later) :p

I am vacationing for a couple of weeks and the damn payment pocessor on Josh's site keeps declining the transactions. Josh think it's most likely cause I am ordering from one country and having it delivered to another. He is tryng to fix the issue.

Thanks Lani. Sometimes a man has to stand up for himself (though the wife may make me eat my words later) :p

I am vacationing for a couple of weeks and the damn payment pocessor on Josh's site keeps declining the transactions. Josh think it's most likely cause I am ordering from one country and having it delivered to another. He is tryng to fix the issue.

You da man, mate! Now we can admire this beauty when we next meet up... :p

...And lani, this piece looks really made for you! :good:

Thks lani for such amazing pics and RB for the great words!!

I must say that I was never (ever) a fan of gold, rose gold, diamonds (general bling) on watches but....this RG UN just looks stunning!!Perfect blend of bling (I cannot believe I'm saying this lol) and sleekness....a very desirable watch!!

Again thk you both! B)

Is this true?

I have a UN on my shortlist for my next gen. Having to pay $$$$ to fix something without UN helping is pretty sickening. Worse still, if it flies of my wrist when paddling at sea I've lost it.

This info is enough to put me off completely.

lol. I hear ya'. Out of context. The guy ate it all cause the watch was 6 years old and he had removed the bracelet to swap straps himself many times and probably didn't make sure before he finished. He takes full blame for it.

Besides, no matter, UN has fixed this problem and no more loose screws on bracelets on the new ones.

Just about to order the UN gold in black face. Should be with me in a week. The wife doesn't much care for it ..... But what the heck :p

Google will sometimes bring up the craziest things. It just sort of came up and had to put it on there. It suppose to be one of those animated gifs but for some reason I can make it do that for some reason. :)

But getting back to the forum. I am totally convinced I need to get this watch. Its exactly what I am looking for! Thanks for all the pics people! Oh, btw, you have to cut the rubber to size it right? if so can you get extra rubber straps?

How strong is the rose gold plating on this watch? Would instantly get it but concerned that the gold plating will wear off easily...

too many variables to tell.. your acidity .... don't polish with metal polish.... how often you wear it.. do you abuse your watches .. in otherwords are you a bull in a china shop with your wrist... I woudn't worry about the plating wearing off.. the movement will probably need servicing by then 5 .. 6 years. maybe .. jus guessing .. I am using mine on just "occasions"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Two of my favorite members, duo a review of one of my favorite watches. Topped with that cherry of a photo shoot. This is the [censored]. :)

Robbie ruined me for life with his original MMD pics/posts... That piece is just insane.

What is a guy to do... There is this talk of a promotion for me at work. Isn't it normal to buy a little something for one's self if so? I still do not and never have had a chrono.

Stainless and black for me. I'd wear the RG off in one evening rubbing one out to the sight of it.