When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3-07-09 Socal GTG w/Honorary Guest - 77 Pictures

cc

Thanks a ton for sharing...

Awesome displays of our memberships passion for this hobby...

Of all things that these forums have brought me, the GTG is second to only my collection itself ;) ...

TT

I concur. If anyone were to ask what I treasured most about this hobby, it would be to have developed great friendships though the forums and GTG's. Watches are second :)

Guest avitt

Sorry for the late response...I've been working my tail off here in Switzerland this week.

Thanks for putting this one together guys. It was a blast, as always.

@Dluddy and Freddy333, I'm honored that you mistakenly attributed that watch box to me...It a magnificent collection! There's no doubt that I share similar tastes, if not bank accounts, with the owner ;)

Thanks a ton for sharing...

Awesome displays of our memberships passion for this hobby...

Of all things that these forums have brought me, the GTG is second to only my collection itself ;) ...

TT

I have to say that if anyone hasn't been to a GTG yet, do yourself a favor and go. Meeting your forum buds in person is just the best. We really are a tight knit crew around here and it shows. I left out last GTG offering to essentially give the shirt off my back to everyone there and got a really geuine sense that everyone else would do the same.

For me collecting watches has a personal spot in my own heart from the mechanic fascination, but beyond that the real fun in the hobby is sharing your collection and passion with others. So noobs take heart. Get to a GTG as soon as you can, and if there isn't one, noone is stopping you from planning one yourself. Build it and they will come so they say...

I must say, I had a great time and had wonderful friends who were great hosts to keep me entertained throughout the weekend.

The genuine watch shopping was crazy, more than anything I have around my home town.

The GTG was great, the food was fantastic and the watch selection from the members were phenomenal.

It was difficult remembering if I was at a genuine watch gtg or a replica watch gtg. I thankfully had just purchased my new BCE gen so I could show off with the rest of them.

I'll echo what robbieg said,, if you have never made it to a gtg,, you need to, you will have a wonderful time!