When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hump Day to Fri. the 13th Wrist Check!

hiker01

It's been awhile since I started this:

Hump Day (Wed.)

safariqrt.jpg

safariwrst1024mod.jpg

and the rest for Thurs and Fri:

3someroomod.jpg

Careful out there this Friday.......................the 13t :evil::evil2::irvine:

Awesome collection, bro, the more I see them, the more I'm tempted to invest in an AP... I do have one quick question about the one with the black numerals and hands (the safari?) Is that 'phantom lume', or just black paint? :huh:

Awesome collection, bro, the more I see them, the more I'm tempted to invest in an AP... I do have one quick question about the one with the black numerals and hands (the safari?) Is that 'phantom lume', or just black paint? :huh:

Amigo! Que paso? Believe it or not, just black paint! Zip on the lume!

Amigo! Que paso? Believe it or not, just black paint! Zip on the lume!

All's good thanks :) Well, nothing a few commissions wouldn't cure :lol: really, just black paint? :o That really surprises me. I guess I could always get one and having it phantom lumed, I'm just wondering how versatile the watch itself is... Compared to a Submariner, how well would you say it goes with jeans and a white shirt?

l1020223.jpg

@Euno.......WOW B) That's a racy, speedy lookin watch! I beat you use it with your Bimmer! Did you buy the strap separate?

All's good thanks :) Well, nothing a few commissions wouldn't cure :lol: really, just black paint? :o That really surprises me. I guess I could always get one and having it phantom lumed, I'm just wondering how versatile the watch itself is... Compared to a Submariner, how well would you say it goes with jeans and a white shirt?

@TJ.....With the Black Rubber strap.....it will go with anything casual......or beach wear! I agree, it needs a lume! I'll probably have it done sometime!

With the Black Rubber strap.....it will go with anything casual......or beach wear! I agree, it needs a lume! I'll probably have it done sometime!

Thanks bro, I might give it some consideration. The thing which is putting me off slightly, is that the bracelets don't have a diver's extension, and the rubber strap is deployant rather than buckle, so again, only a fixed size... Other than that, I can see one going on my 'to get' list at some point :good:

Still wearing this one. I am so surprised at how much I like this watch. I knew I would but this watch is so different in person.

DSC_0006-1.jpg

Looks great man! I feel like GMT IIc is really the piece that represents the move into the new age for Rolex, increased quality and finishes - finally finding a way to modernise their already timeless but classic designs on to compete with the other names that were starting to grow at a quickening pace. Of course I'm already very public about my love for the new 116200 DJ case too!..

I've never felt that attached to my sub, and I can't imagine that changing. I don't think it has anything to do with the fact its a rep, it was my first so the initial feeling will stay with me.. I just think the design is slightly too understated for me. GMT iic would suit me better I'm thinking.