When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Barrichello sec @ 12 is on Josh's site!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are they drinking up in the far east?

If they really get this piece on the market with that known sec@12-price-tag....I am happy I spend half of that amount for the old sec@9 version.....

The biggest flaw is the dial...you cannot see any gears because of that re-designed movement.

My grandpa used to say: Get it right first time!

Yeah...right.

Theo

Well if I remember the secs@12 movement review correctly, there was a metal plate just sitting between the dial and movement, to create a slight gap for the date, they could have decorated that plate with the fake gears maybe and used a true skeleton dial? :)

From Francisco's review:

img2125jo6.jpg

He said: "A first very thin plate appears. It is not screwed, only fastened by the pins of the dial. I cannot find the function of this plate."

So they could improve this if they thought of it........

Well if I remember the secs@12 movement review correctly, there was a metal plate just sitting between the dial and movement, to create a slight gap for the date, they could have decorated that plate with the fake gears maybe and used a true skeleton dial? :)

From Francisco's review:

img2125jo6.jpg

He said: "A first very thin plate appears. It is not screwed, only fastened by the pins of the dial. I cannot find the function of this plate."

So they could improve this if they thought of it........

There you go! Sorry, don't mean to be a wet blanket here, and I know its a rep, but this may very well be priced at the $700 mark or there abouts, thats a lot for a rep only to have a flaw that would drive a WIS insane. I just gotta wonder, obviously there was a lot of R and D going into this one, and its a rather complex design, so I just wonder why they would not try to remedy such a flaw with what would be easy to fix with the printing of gears on the movement plate. The gen has a skeletonized dial for a reason, this high end rep ignores that completely. Kudos to the makers for putting fourth the effort, and it really does look great, but it may have been better to have it with a solid dial instead of what they did. If 99.9% of the public would not know of this watch anyway, the only people who it would bother is us, and it will.