When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review Of Tag Link Automatic Chronograph 7750

By-Tor

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The UK is part of the EU. It's almost the same as if you post something from Texas to California.

Being part of the European Union means there's no tax/duty to be paid taking items over the borders of say France and Germany, even though they're separate countries. There's no point in checking if watches are genuine or replicas as there's no duty to be collected on either.

Quick edit to say ... if you order from the UK to the US, there is duty to be paid, so packages will be scanned the same as those coming from China.

Is every package "scanned" like this or do Customs just take random samples ? I can't imagine them having the budget and manpower to check every single parcel ??

When they do "scan" is it just a simple pass through run by a computer or is there a human being actually sitting at the screen checking ??

Bytor, again a very, very great review, thanks. Looking at the pics i can`t see what colour blue it is. Is it like the light blue in the comparison pics or more dark blue like in the last picture, or is it both depending on the light?

You wrote you never do impulse purchases, after reading the reactions on your review you are guilty for a few dozen off them. :D:D

Thanks guys. The blue color depends on the lighting. The dial is "electric" blue and the middlesection of the dial has those mentioned "stripes". Here's 2 untouched, straight out of camera pics. Perhaps they give better picture of the color. ;)

PS: I've kept the chrono running for the last 20 hours straight. No probs and it keeps excellent time.

97280-27057.jpg

97280-27058.jpg

Edited by By-Tor

Thanks for another great review!

I just ordered the black dial ETA GMT Link from Joshua Monday, I can't promise as great a review but will post some pics as soon as it arrives :D

Thanks!!!

I haven't studied the Link GMT that much... but looks like an accurate rep. The basic Link & GMT models have very simplistic design but I like them both. My biggest draw on this watch was the "Link bracelet". I wanted to have one TAG with this design. Both ETA (non-chrono) Link models are excellent alternatives too (for people who don't trust the 7750).

Please post a review when you receive them.

One thing still... I found this picture of (supposedly) a genuine TAG Link Chronograph from TimeZone sales forum archives (brushed bezel version) and it has date font positioned more right than on my rep. So I wouldn't worry about the datewheel too much. :whistling: Or maybe it's the shadow on the dial that's doing the trick?

97292-27056.jpg

Edited by By-Tor

Thanks!!!

I haven't studied the Link GMT that much... but looks like an accurate rep. The basic Link & GMT models have very simplistic design but I like them both. My biggest draw on this watch was the "Link bracelet". I wanted to have one TAG with this design. Both ETA (non-chrono) Link models are excellent alternatives too (for people who don't trust the 7750).

Please post a review when you receive them.

Actually the very nice bracelet was the big draw for me too!

I wanted another (roughly) 40mm watch on a nice bracelet for wearing on hot days here. I really liked the IWC Aquatimer I had, but it had some issues and it seems almost all of them have crooked/offest 12:00 markers so I sold it. I also tried Joshua's newest VC Overseas, but the white dial was too dressy for me. I've never been a huge Tag fan but the GMT with the brushed bracelet and case and the polished bezel seems to be a really good mix of sporty and dressy :)

Pics to follow as soon as it arrives!

Fantastci review, about the date being a 0,001mm off centered on single digit numbers, this is common even on highest ends Tag (got confirmation by the service center) so no worries about that even if it shouldn't happen on a 2900€ watch...

Yeah, date window being offcenter is quite common in TAGs. Member "Category 5" returned his genuine Aquaracer 2000 because of that.

PS: Link Automatic Chronograph retails at $2800... but they sell it for $1700 everywhere. It's not a 2900€ watch by no means. The top model Calibre 36 is in that price category.

Mahler, over half of your misaligned date font pictures are actually just the angle the photo was taken at. :blink:

In fact this photo you posted here looks like a perfectly aligned date. :Jumpy:

These 7750-powered watches have a "slow date change"... and photographing them after 10:30pm isn't a good idea (especially if you're trying to sell the watch). I've seen many genuine 7750-powered watches with "misaligned dates" due to bad "timing". :lol:

97847-26956.jpg

These 7750-powered watches have a "slow date change"... and photographing them after 10:30pm isn't a good idea (especially if you're trying to sell the watch).

Most watches are set to 10:10 for studio shots. Less observant people set them to 10:10PM instead of 10:10AM. :D

Does anyone know if the Rep of this tag has screws or pins inside the bracelet for resizing?

Check the pdf file that's attached in the review. That shows how the bracelet is constructed. Gen and rep have exactly the same construction. There are small screws inside the bracelet.

Check the pdf file that's attached in the review. That shows how the bracelet is constructed. Gen and rep have exactly the same construction. There are small screws inside the bracelet.

Talking of the bracelet, I brought this issue up in my earlier (crappier) thread regarding this same watch. There is one screw-bar in the bracelet holding the claps/flip-lock section, and I advise any owner of one of these reps to remove this screw and reset it using thread-lock as otherwise the movement of the flip-lock when putting on/taking off the watch will eventually loosen the screw. At best you will lose the screw and at worst the watch will come off your wrist and hit the floor.

If you are unfortunate enough to lose the screw then visit your local opticians and ask for a selection of screws for holding nose-pads onto wire-frame spectacles. You will probably have to shorten the replacement but one will fit.