When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

King of Kings!..Vote

nnomad

I think it must be said that a few of the watches on theese lists do require mods to be "perfect". Lets stay on topic even though its hard since there are so many "98%" reps lately :)

*ebel, ebel, ebel, ebel, ebel, ebel..." :1a:

AMEN... common guys!..hit me again..:D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are some good choices here too. I've never gone crazy over the Patek sports watches...so couldn't comment on these for accuracy. I like the look of the Grahams...but haven't read or researched enough to know how accurate a reproduction they are. They are impressive looking watches...but like many...as impressive as they may be...I have no idea how accurate they are.

The Link Chrono and Porsche Flat 6 are good ones.

I left the 3717 series out as the 3717-01/03 usually has at least a couple crooked markers that are the wrong dimensions...and the 3717-02/05 because of the wrong caseback and running seconds hand size. I think the Spitfire (02/05) is more accurate visually out of the box (caseback aside) as the crooked markers on the 3717-01 stand out more to me.

I left out the Slevin/CD series because of the misalignment in the internal rotating bezel, sticker on the 2006 CD, colour matching and wrong lume on the Slevin, etc...

Yes, that

I just subscribed to this thread. As a noob I have spent ridiculous amounts of time scanning this board and flipping between pictures and dealers website. I have even made trips to the gen dealers to try on different brands.

But with such fandom for Pams, how come none made it to the top 10? Excuse the question if it is dumb, but until two weeks ago I had never even heard of them, and now I am virtually infatuated with them.

oh oh oh :bounce: oohhh oh oh hohohoh :bounce: oh oh hoooohhhhojhhh :bounce: me me me :bounce: me..me me :bounce: me

becauseeee................... (for those animated smiley's creators.... i need one with a drum roll.....now..) ..

i said "mods dont count!"..there isnt a single pam in the market that comes close to the original without any mods done! 8) ..why?... i have no idea.......................................... (i need more months of insane research for that..) :brow:

I DARE YOU TO CRITICIZE ME AFTER THIS AMAZING PIECE OF INFO AND PURE WATCH KNOWLODGE!!!!!

LOL i have to agree. Got nothing good to say but that was funny.. and so to the point :)

oh oh oh :bounce: oohhh oh oh hohohoh :bounce: oh oh hoooohhhhojhhh :bounce: me me me :bounce: me..me me :bounce: me

becauseeee................... (for those animated smiley's creators.... i need one with a drum roll.....now..) ..

i said "mods dont count!"..there isnt a single pam in the market that comes close to the original without any mods done! 8) ..why?... i have no idea.......................................... (i need more months of insane research for that..) :brow:

I DARE YOU TO CRITICIZE ME AFTER THIS AMAZING PIECE OF INFO AND PURE WATCH KNOWLODGE!!!!!

This is one of the more creative ways I've seen a noob ask "what's the best rep money can buy?"...

They all have their flaws, and so not everyone will agree... in the end it comes down to taste. For me, the best rep is the MBK Aquanaut. It's essentially the holy grail that cured me of my addiction to reps. Once you have perfection, what else could you possible want?

Im not a big fan of chronometers.. though IWC TG is a nice watch..the only down part..half the people i fly with have one.. (probably all fakes though.they dont pay us that much.. at least, not that im aware of..)

I think you mean you are not a good fan of chronGRAPHS. Unless you like inaccurate timekeepers that is.

there isnt a single pam in the market that comes close to the original without any mods done!

not true actually, there is a ferrari pam that is apparently one of the best out of the box reps, but unfortunately for most pam lovers, it is one of the ferrari models (and therefore dead to me). don't ask me which one -- i wouldn't be caught dead wearing a car watch :rolleyes: if you really must know i believe V started a thread once upon a time about which one it was -- you can search that way ;)

deltatahoe

oh, and my list of the top 12 out of the box reps would probably go something like this (in no particular order):

i) breitling skyland avenger (either normal or blacksteel v2)

ii) breitling steelfish superocean

iii) bell & ross 02-93 (updated ss arabic dial version)

iv) rolex submariner (bk wm9 v2)

v) rolex explorer ii (black dial; noob factory)

vi) rolex gmt ii ceramic (correct hand stack)

vii) rolex deep sea (v3)

viii) ap roo black themes (seconds at 12)

ix) hublot big bang

x) several iwc's (after adding double AR coating), either the ingenieur, costeau diver or big pilot 5002

deltatahoe

oh, and my list of the top 12 out of the box reps would probably go something like this (in no particular order):

i) breitling skyland avenger (either normal or blacksteel v2)

ii) breitling steelfish superocean

iii) bell & ross 02-93 (updated ss arabic dial version)

iv) rolex submariner (bk wm9 v2)

v) rolex explorer ii (black dial; noob factory)

vi) rolex gmt ii ceramic (correct hand stack)

vii) rolex deep sea (v3)

viii) ap roo black themes (seconds at 12)

ix) hublot big bang

x) several iwc's (after adding double AR coating), either the ingenieur, costeau diver or big pilot 5002

deltatahoe

similar tastes delta... a really love a lot of those watches..nice one!

cheers mate, thanks for your time

A.

+1 for the SOSF

SOSF. Same movement as the gen, and that feature is missing from every other rep listed.

what about the V3 3717, or the slevin, or the CD aquatimer

As strange as it may be...I don't know if any of them would qualify as top tier out of the box accuracy. HOWEVER...I still think reps like the Spitfire and the 2006 CD are tops in terms of design...even with the inherent flaws. The Panda Portugues too...if it weren't for that !@#%^! movement!

My collection:

1. Breitling SOSF

2. Breitling Avenger skyland

3. Breitling BCE (Lello DW)

4. Omega SMP chrono (double AR)

5. Tag carrera racing

6. IWC 3717 V1 (double AR + ETA DDW)

7. IWC Ingy (Lello DW)

8. Rolex SSD (WM pearl)

9. Rolex GMT Master IIc

10. Tag Link chrono (double AR)

I am not sure all fit to the top 10, but it is close.

The criteria was 'best out of the box' ACCURATE to gen reps.

The Pateks and a few others named here are not 'accurate' to the gens.

In 2008 the Breitlings for the most part compared to others were dead on in look and feel to the gen.

I too, feel as though the best reps ever are the MBK Nautilus and Aquanaut, but neither are dead on to the gen...super reps nevertheless.

I think that for me the SOSF and the SOH are best out of the box.

SOSF. Same movement as the gen, and that feature is missing from every other rep listed.

Yes, good point. Rep movements are mostly completely different than gen movements. There are some more exceptions though: The gen Franck Muller Casablanca has an eta 2892-2 and there were/are rep FM watches with the same swiss eta movement. I

+1 for the SOSF

what about the V3 3717, or the slevin, or the CD aquatimer

The Swiss Fish is a good one...especially with the white or black dial as the blue is a little off.

The V3 3717 I still hold off on because of inconsistency in the lume markers...sometimes crooked...sometimes not...sometimes thick and modifiable...sometimes not.

The Slevin and CD I didn't think so because of the misaligned and hard to modify inner rotating bezel. The Zigmeister fixed mine and it's great now...but it was a small hard to fix mod before.