When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breaking News! Italian Customs and Rep watches

cyberfox67

Today the italian Customs found and confiscated a container coming from China with 185000 fake watches plus a machinery to make watches. The container was addressed to another chinese living in the Florence neighborhood that has been reported to the authorities.

$%^&*(&^...that was to be shipped to me......

the story is true.. it happened just 140 km from where I am writing, in Genova (Genua, not Geneva).. I am pasting the text from the italian press agency (breaking news of 3 hours ago)

it is actually a container of 150k fake "products" and "only" 28,000 watches, togheter with the machinery for straps and case markings of different brands

---

La merce

Edited by ingirum

I bet the dealer didn't put "gift" watches and machinery, value $30 on the customs form, they are getting slack.....

:p:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet the dealer didn't put "gift" watches and machinery, value $30 on the customs form, they are getting slack.....

:p:lol:

Too funny. I got a watch the other day (Breitling Flying B Chronograph) and the customs declaration had "Gift at $30 dollars". I was surprised it got through Customs. 'Gift" in Canadian means "Open Me".

TimeShare

Guest carlsbadrolex

Dont ever suggest an excuse for the dealers to raise prices. You know they sit at their computers scanning world news looking for ANY reason to ask for more money. Steel prices went up $.01 in the US, rubber prices went up $.02 in Africa, there was a bad winter storm in Iceland... ALL of these = $25 more per rep watch.

THANKS... ;)

F**k!! this means that the price for reps in EU is rising again!! <_<

Here is a translation of (the salient points from) ingirum's post

Genoa, big seizure of fake watches

Last update: March 27, at 15:14

Genoa, 27 March. - (Adnkronos) - Centocinquantamila products, including 28mila wristwatches, were seized by the Guardia di Finanza di Genova with customs officials.

The goods and 'been detected inside a container from China. The watches were virtually identical to the originals. The financiers have found that, in addition to goods already 'ready for sale, was sent to Italy even the instrument suitable for punching of straps and watch boxes, complete with cliche' of various brands.

Edited by freddy333

it is actually a container of 150k fake "products" and "only" 28,000 watches, togheter with the machinery for straps and case markings of different brands

so that means the gen manufacturers are entitled to a $280,000,000 fine assuming $10k per watch retail. Now they will claim that they stopped the watch industry from losing $280,000,000.

I bet they were all $20 canal street quality. Stupid to ship the tools with the watches. The tools were probably wrth more than the watches.

Too funny. I got a watch the other day (Breitling Flying B Chronograph) and the customs declaration had "Gift at $30 dollars". I was surprised it got through Customs. 'Gift" in Canadian means "Open Me".

TimeShare

TimeShare,

According to the Canada Customs Act, customs agents have no official mandate to seize counterfeit items. Accordingly, as long as you are not shipping controlled substances, counterfeit pharmaceuticals, weapons etc, your "gifts...$30" should be safe. ;)

Hhmm - Genoa? Isn't that where a big concentration of a very influencial Italian family organization is?

Maybe they did not like the Chinese guy busting in on their market. B)