When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BCE Purchase

jman16

HI FORUM MEMBERS

I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE A COUPLE OF BREITLINGS A BCE AND SFSO.I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED ABOUT THE DIFFERENT VERSIONS.CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THE WATCHES ARE WATER RESISTANT ?(SHOWERING /SURFACE SWIMMING).I LIVE IN THE UK,WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST OPTION? AR IS ALSO IMPORTANT.

THANKS

REGARDS

JMAN16

The SFSO will be fine for swimming if you ensure the caseback gasket and crown are greased properly. I wouldn't swim in my BCE but I have showered with it, again after I've lubed the gaskets/crown/pushers and made sure everything is screwed down tight. Regarding the BCE, the model you need to get is the A7750 powered V2/V3 version with the larger font/updated datewheel. With the SFSO you have two choices, the A21j version, is cheaper but comes in two guises, you must ask for one with AR or the more expensive ETA powered version which comes with it as standard. Just read the reviews on each watch on the forums and you'll get all the info you need to make an informed purchase...

The SFSO will be fine for swimming if you ensure the caseback gasket and crown are greased properly. I wouldn't swim in my BCE but I have showered with it, again after I've lubed the gaskets/crown/pushers and made sure everything is screwed down tight. Regarding the BCE, the model you need to get is the A7750 powered V2/V3 version with the larger font/updated datewheel. With the SFSO you have two choices, the A21j version, is cheaper but comes in two guises, you must ask for one with AR or the more expensive ETA powered version which comes with it as standard. Just read the reviews on each watch on the forums and you'll get all the info you need to make an informed purchase...

Hi sconehead

thanks for the info.should i stick to buying from a forum member or on the net.can you recommend anyone?

regards

jman16

PHHEEEWW. Thanks for taking off the CAPS.

Your choice. The forum here is filled with reviews...some of the most knowledgeable and helpful watch enthusiasts around. The internet on the other hand is sary.

Your money...do what you want.

If you read my Noob Guide, search and read some more. You'll answer this question yourself and have gained a tonne of knowledge in the process.

Welcome to RWG.

PHHEEEWW. Thanks for taking off the CAPS.

Your choice. The forum here is filled with reviews...some of the most knowledgeable and helpful watch enthusiasts around. The internet on the other hand is sary.

Your money...do what you want.

If you read my Noob Guide, search and read some more. You'll answer this question yourself and have gained a tonne of knowledge in the process.

Welcome to RWG.

Thanks for the advice Toadtorrent will read the guide and research more.I will go with someone on the forum.

Regards

jman16