When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello from UK

JUST STARTING WITH YOU HAVING GONE THE SAME ROUTE AS OTHERS E.G. GLOBAL REPLICA, THE ITALIAN JOB, THEN STARTED A BETTER SEARCH ENGINE FOUND YOU STRAIGHT AWAY . AMATORY WAS ANOTHER, REPLICA CENTRE . ONE THING I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND WITH ALL THESE WAS WHY NO PRICE UPLIFT FOR GOLD, REFUSAL TO DESCRIBE LUMINOSITY "PAINT", AND FUNNILY ENOUGH THE ONLY ONES WHO REPLIED WERE WRIST CANDY.

MY COUSIN WHO LIVES IN PENANG FOUND A COUPLE OF

JUST STARTING WITH YOU HAVING GONE THE SAME ROUTE AS OTHERS E.G. GLOBAL REPLICA, THE ITALIAN JOB, THEN STARTED A BETTER SEARCH ENGINE FOUND YOU STRAIGHT AWAY . AMATORY WAS ANOTHER, REPLICA CENTRE . ONE THING I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND WITH ALL THESE WAS WHY NO PRICE UPLIFT FOR GOLD, REFUSAL TO DESCRIBE LUMINOSITY "PAINT", AND FUNNILY ENOUGH THE ONLY ONES WHO REPLIED WERE WRIST CANDY.

MY COUSIN WHO LIVES IN PENANG FOUND A COUPLE OF

Welcome to RWG Peter. IMO the chase is half the fun. Good luck with your hand :) Mike

Thank you for your courtesy Mike. Depuytren's syndrome 40 teeny stitches to straighten fingers.

Yes I was surprised to see what a small world it appears (you can correct this impression) on the faux site side.#

Since youth I have had Mido, Movado,(both presents from my father's Arab employers in British Protectorate days, properely declared I hasten to add), Doxa, (wafer thin!), then this horror [http://www.armywatch.co.uk/watches.htm which lost you 10 minutes a day.Made by Smiths Hamilton Timex etc. Having worn digital seikos for the last 20 years I'm back to the same watch only now electronic. Accuracy 6 secs a year.

Boring. I want that Rolex GMT. As a complete new boy I am impressed by the divergence of your knowledge.

Hi Peter,

Welcome aboard!

the divergence of your knowledge.

Now there is a statement which probably best sums up this place; yes we have an amazing cross section of knowledge here.

A potpourri of the watch world, so to speak!

Hope your time with us is both entertaining, and enlightening.

Enjoy.

Offshore

Welcome Peter!

I appreciate your choice of watch, although "Rolex GMT" is like saying "Jaguar", so many models, so many years. All available, some very unique. No matter which model you came for, chances are you will find something completely different and unexpected. Like crisps, you'll narry be able to have just one. Have fun!

A potpourri of the watch world, so to speak!

Don't mind 'Offshore', we don't all smoke pot. Mainly the Canadians.

Cheers!

Must remember this is a watch site as cars British motorbikes and weapons (from experience not fetishism, I have no political statement to make) are my great love "As many models as Jaguar". had a 1956 Mk 1, the thinking man's Jag.

Yes the watch I love the look of is the green dial gold strap GMT with green bezel. But as I read more on this site I note you juxtapose different types very closely and I am looking harder at a larger variety. Thank You

Must remember this is a watch site as cars British motorbikes and weapons (from experience not fetishism, I have no political statement to make) are my great love "As many models as Jaguar". had a 1956 Mk 1, the thinking man's Jag.

Remember too Peter that the love or interest in horology is merely the common thread that runs through the membership. I do treasure my replicas and one genuine for their intrinsic value surely, but more than that the experience that brought them to me here on RWG, incarnations past and present, perhaps more. If it were only about 'watches' I would have sourced them, thanked the pundits and been on my way.

Often I come across a thread regarding the watches that intrigues and it is a nugget. But well and aside that though, are the Jags, the Enfields (the ones that shoot and the ones that scoot) music, families, trials, laughs and the obvious joy and enthusiasm on the part of the 'folk'. Watches are just 'things'. The best part of a thing is the people that come along with it.

Towit, '65 Mk1 huh? See you in "Off Topic". Pics please. I've seen enough GMT's this week thank you. :D

post-21643-1239152639_thumb.jpg

Remember too Peter that the love or interest in horology is merely the common thread that runs through the membership. I do treasure my replicas and one genuine for their intrinsic value surely, but more than that the experience that brought them to me here on RWG, incarnations past and present, perhaps more. If it were only about 'watches' I would have sourced them, thanked the pundits and been on my way.

Often I come across a thread regarding the watches that intrigues and it is a nugget. But well and aside that though, are the Jags, the Enfields (the ones that shoot and the ones that scoot) music, families, trials, laughs and the obvious joy and enthusiasm on the part of the 'folk'. Watches are just 'things'. The best part of a thing is the people that come along with it.

Towit, '65 Mk1 huh? See you in "Off Topic". Pics please. I've seen enough GMT's this week thank you. :D