When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally A New Generation Of Navitimer Reps?

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

I just found some pics of Navitimer reps that look much better than ones we are used to.

The things that stopped me from purchasing a Navitimer rep were shiny subdials and deep sunken date wheel...

But look at these pics:

99049-26655.jpg

99049-26656.jpg

NO more shiny subdials!!!

And look at that datewheel alignment:

99049-26657.jpg

I wonder if our dealers already carry that version!

Cheers!

Edited by Sql_pl

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just found some pics of Navitimer reps that look much better than ones we are used to.

The things that stopped me from purchasing a Navitimer rep were shiny subdials and deep sunken date wheel...

But look at these pics:

99060-26650.jpg

99060-26651.jpg

NO more shiny subdials!!!

And look at that datewheel alignment:

99060-26652.jpg

I wonder if our dealers already carry that version!

Cheers!

Wow! They look great. Nice find...

Wow! The subdials are not only not shiny, they look properly detented like those on the Gen. With the possible exception of the date font, this looks like an almost 99% accurate rep (at least in pics)!

This one sits nicely next to the latest TAG Link that's going around. We're starting to see some near perfect reps these days.

I am praying for a TAG Carrera 40th Anniversary rep based on the 7750 soon. This is a good candidate for my next rep though.

With the possible exception of the date font, this looks like an almost 99% accurate rep (at least in pics)!

As with all 7753 copies, the date display is too deep. This, in my books, stops it from being in the same class as the TAG Link.

Near perfect? Sure, but not as perfect as the Link. :D

ps. Have I mentioned I want one yet?

I dont think these are automatic versions... I bet they are quartz. I cant believe some old experienced memeber think they are perfect. Well, maybe manufacturers made new movememnt. But i dont believe that.

My 5 cents

I think that if you want good Navitimer, then you should buy Serie speciale, but also this has some flaws... It would be perfect if they could made 1:1 7753 copy, but i dont think this will be so soon, if ever...

Edited by Iztok

I dont think these are automatic versions... I bet they are quartz. I cant believe some old experienced memeber think they are perfect. Well, maybe manufacturers made new movememnt. But i dont believe that.

My 5 cents

I think that if you want good Navitimer, then you should buy Serie speciale, but also this has some flaws... It would be perfect if they could made 1:1 7753 copy, but i dont think this will be so soon, if ever...

That is not a quartz movement.

Maybe the angle of the pic makes the datewheel look less recessed, but its definately not quartz.

A new member of the 99% club i think.

So how come Ruby has two sections, one for Naivtimer with asian automatic, where are regular Navitimers who are also avalible at other dealers, and seperate section for this navitimers (and there is no sign of movement...)?

Well someone should get info from ruby, what movement does this so called new version has...

Then that someone, please post macro pictures of dial and date...
the picture of the white one is the picture of the one that was sent to the customer. it has the new asian 7550 running at 28,800 bph, i posted rubys e-mail, photo bucket link, pw and a pic of a gen to compare it to. i'm not shure what else can be done for you at this point. search, look, compare and make a decesion. if you are intrested in a navi this is good as it gets.

This is as perfect as they get with the Asian 7750/53 copy.

These watches are not quartz and they are not far off perfect. You have the recessed datewheel and that's it.

If the recessed datewheel is too much of a tell for you, don't buy any Navitimers in 7753 config as the modified 7750@28 can only ever get the datewheel that close. You'd be better off with a 12-9-6 7750 config.

They're a notch below the 7750 Tag Link and on par with the IWC GST Chrono in terms of accuracy.