When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

dg 2813 movement!

Guest tolis

Guest tolis

i use this movement and works like eta!i want to ask when they say to replicas rolex that they use 2813 movement they means dg2813?or replica dg movement?thanks

I agree with Rolexman, but would like to add that there are varying qualities of the dg2813. I particularly like the one from PTS Resources- it has the WO symbol under the balance- Ofrei sells it for instance. As I understand it, they are all copies of the Miyota 8215 from Japan, which is better than the chinese 2813's in terms of quality and reliability.

I agree with Rolexman, but would like to add that there are varying qualities of the dg2813. I particularly like the one from PTS Resources- it has the WO symbol under the balance- Ofrei sells it for instance. As I understand it, they are all copies of the Miyota 8215 from Japan, which is better than the chinese 2813's in terms of quality and reliability.

The catalogue details I have for the Miyota 8215 show it to be about twice the price of a DG2813, and the hand sizes are a bit different:

• DG2813 - 155/100/17
  • Miyota 8215 - 165/100/17

So, I should guess the rep hour hand would have to be broached, press fit and stretched, or a new hour hand would need to be found.

I've never been able to figure it out. Jules Borel lists hand sizes of 150/100/17 and Ofrei lists 165/100/17 on the Miyota.

Jules Borel lists the DG2813 at 152/100/17.

So, to say the least, hand sizes could be a problem.

Last week I did buy a Charles Hubert 3514GW with the Miyota movt just to see what it's like- so far so good. Just another $170 knock-off!

I've never been able to figure it out. Jules Borel lists hand sizes of 150/100/17 and Ofrei lists 165/100/17 on the Miyota.

Jules Borel lists the DG2813 at 152/100/17.

So, to say the least, hand sizes could be a problem.

Last week I did buy a Charles Hubert 3514GW with the Miyota movt just to see what it's like- so far so good. Just another $170 knock-off!

I replaced a DG2813 with a Miyota 8215 and used the same hands...perfect fit. Also, the dial feet are in the same position, however, the date window is about 1mm closer to the center of the dial, on the DG. Mechanically they are not alike. The 8215 does not hack and it only winds in one direction. One of the best, most reliable and accurate movements I have is a Miyota 8215 in an Invicta 8926. It runs in 1/2 sec/day +-.

That's why I like those Invictas and the Charles Hubert- the Miyota 8215. It's too bad the Miyota isn't in more of our reps- the only place I see Japanese automatic movements mentioned is on the replica scam sites. None of our dealers have them from what I've seen.

• 1 month later...
I've got one in my SMP !

I got one in a Noobmariner from Eurotimez...came last week. Sweep of the second hand looks very good and so far it is keeping good time. I do plan to put a 2836 in there, just because it's easier to work on imho. The only thing that I don't like is that the rotor jingles. It seems sloppily fitted. I took it off and put it back but that is just the way it is made.