When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who is MBW

arnold

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBW... A mythical entity to describe at best. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Not so fast, Sparky. I have it on good faith that Maria still assembles watches, painstakingly, one at a time, in his mountain chalet, with these helpful assistants to keep the casual visitor away.

mountain_elves.jpg

Not so fast, Sparky. I have it on good faith that Maria still assembles watches, painstakingly, one at a time, in his mountain chalet, with these helpful assistants to keep the casual visitor away.

mountain_elves.jpg

I want one of those gnomes for in front of my door, would go great with a "Go Away" door mat :p . Seriously, MBW was/is a rep supplier from Thailand who used to/still does produce vintage Rolex sport watches which accepted the fitting of genuine parts (a few years ago, this was a bigger deal than today). In addition, they had access to cases and parts for APROOs', Rolex Daytona and others which also accepted genuine parts, as well as being able to supply complete watches. Based in the MBK center in Bangkok (which is why I refer to them as MBW/MBK), thier wares could also be obtained through many other suppliers over the years; TTK, Luckyy and Watchmaster years ago, to Eurotimez, Pamfried, Narrika and George (not Watchmaker9's George, he does his own fabulous stuff) currently. This is the best of my knowledge, to those more in the know, please feel free to correct me. Part of the legend of MBW is that they used to be hard to source, being that only Maria (MBW=Marias Best Watch) was the only source, and apparently somewhat difficult to deal with (one wrong word, and no soup for you!!). To this day, the original MBW submariners, especially when modded, fetch a rather handsome re-sale price since they are coveted as being from the golden age of special, hard to get, replicas.

Hope this helps

Cheers B)

Forget it. You don't have the secret handshake. :ph34r:

Gutted to be shut out so easily.......had my heart set on that one.

What do I need to do to obtain the secret handshake - which part of must be bared and pierced in a clandestine ceremony....

Or are we just talking hard cash :Jumpy:

Which George? EU George? I haven't heard from him since 2007 though. Great guy!

Edited by Chronus