When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO: Gen vs Rep Comparison

• 3 months later...

As a newcomer to the whole rep watches world, I am perhaps not as fussy as some.  On the other hand, I have several friends that have various AP gens (GP carbon, T3, Alinghi carbon and even one douche that has a Chronograph Rose Gold Tourbillon) so accuracy is important if I am going to "rock a rep." That said, I suspect that most people that have gens would have no idea how to tell a gen from a rep, and looking at these pictures, to me the rep and the gen look virtually identical.  My first AP, which I just got this week, is a ROO RG Rubberclad.  To me, it is impossible to tell from the gen, unless you know things like the date window position.  Other than that, flawless to me.  As someone observed here, getting a $60K watch for $600 is a helluva bargain, minor flaw or not, and I will wear my new RC anywhere with pride and no worry about being called out on it.

• 7 months later...

As most people would say if your watch fits your lifestyle your golden. Its hard to rock a RG APROO. Having a $30,000 non financeable watch on your hand means you are able to have 100,000$+ financeable cars. Plus when you go out with your friends you'll never be able to GASP at a $3,000+ bar tab.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...