When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Choosing my first Replica watch.

cajunjay

Hi guys

I have been looking into buying a replica watch for some time now and luckily come across this site, I have a friend in Hong Kong who has thousands of watches for me to choose from but I want to make sure I buy only the very best replica as im not a rich guy and want something of high quality.

Im not fussy as to what style of watch I want anything from a Rado to a Franck Muller through to a chrono doesnt bother me. I actually like the Panerai collection quite alot but as I said it doesnt matter.

I just wanted a few opinions on which actual watches are the very best replicas as close as possible to the genuine versions.

Hi guys

I have been looking into buying a replica watch for some time now and luckily come across this site, I have a friend in Hong Kong who has thousands of watches for me to choose from but I want to make sure I buy only the very best replica as im not a rich guy and want something of high quality.

Im not fussy as to what style of watch I want anything from a Rado to a Franck Muller through to a chrono doesnt bother me. I actually like the Panerai collection quite alot but as I said it doesnt matter.

I just wanted a few opinions on which actual watches are the very best replicas as close as possible to the genuine versions.

Well, if you want as close as possible to gen... it might not be cheap.

I guess, it's really difficult to say, buy this or that... are you a rolex guy? Are you a pam guy? Perhaps a Breitling? It all kind of depends. Watches are so personal. Do you normally wear jeans? Do you usually wear a suit? that'll play into it. This is why most in this hobby never have "just one".

Having said all that... a couple of places to start:

Some tag reps are nice... if you are worried about "being busted", I donno, I tend to think people will question a tag as being fake since they are much more accessable.

There are several Omegas that are night. Lately I have been really digging the Aqua Terra models.

You can't go wrong with a Pam... 104 or 111's are good place to start. I am somewhat partial to GMT pams personally. I am sporting a 063 today.

I am personally not a rolex guy. But the Explorer GMT IIs aren't too shabby.

I have a Chopard mille miglia GT XL. Awesome watch, awesome value if you get the 21J movements.

Honestly, you will get about a 1000 different recommendations. My suggestion is to browse the pictures that are posted and see what style you like.

Thanks for ur quick replies

The omega planet ocean and the pam's you mentioned are nice watches.

Im like you Rolex's arnt really my kind of thing so I will look into the other watches mentioned.

I always wear jeans and only suits on special occasions maybe 4-5 times a years.

Chopard Mille Liglia XL looks real nice

Not really a rolex man?

Nor was I.

Except now I'm waiting to send the money for a Rolex Sea Dweller... :D lol

There really are an infinite number of rep options. You will need to do a lot more reading yet before you can feel you know exactly what rep you want, with what movement, and with flaws you can live with!

Don't be in a hurry to get your first one. I'm glad I held back :)

My friend she lives in Shenzhen but doesnt actually know anything about watches its a matter of me telling here which one(s) I want and she will source them.

I can also source them myself from here in Uk but trusting Chinese sellers over quality on the internet isnt a good idea.

I mean Ive seen the same watch e.g Omega Seamaster with the orange crocodile strap rand from

My friend she lives in Shenzhen but doesnt actually know anything about watches its a matter of me telling here which one(s) I want and she will source them.

I can also source them myself from here in Uk but trusting Chinese sellers over quality on the internet isnt a good idea.

I mean Ive seen the same watch e.g Omega Seamaster with the orange crocodile strap rand from

I have had some pictures sent to me of a Chopard GT please take a look and tell me what you think quality wise.

Its around $100

I have had some pictures sent to me of a Chopard GT please take a look and tell me what you think quality wise.

Its around $100

post-23484-1246543011_thumb.jpg

post-23484-1246543020_thumb.jpg

post-23484-1246543026_thumb.jpg

post-23484-1246543068_thumb.jpg

post-23484-1246543074_thumb.jpg

post-23484-1246543082_thumb.jpg

post-23484-1246543088_thumb.jpg

post-23484-1246543094_thumb.jpg

post-23484-1246543099_thumb.jpg

I see that you have a friend willing to pick stuff up for you? I fear that she may get fobbed off with the wrong models though, especially given that to know what she's looking at, she's going to have to learn what different movements look like, what the genuine versions look like, what flaws to look out for...

I personally would go through the dealers on here. What you save on getting your friend to get stuff may be wasted money if she picks the wrong one up! (Not to insult your friend's intelligence, just pointing out that there are many different rep models of the same watch, many varying greatly in quality!)

Im no Pam or pvd expert but I would have to agree with member x. I think that pvd Is normally a mat finish. I would also agree to take your time. I was here only a few days before I purchased my first rep. I purchased a quratz Omega PO. I really dont like to wear It anymore because the movement Is all wrong. I should have taken my time. Oh well that was seven reps ago and I am very happy with my small collection so far, good luck. :) Mike

I have found this watch going for a decent price does it look good to the trained eye?

Ive compared it with pics of the gen and it looks good.

What's the ticket price? As others have said, the PVD coating shouldn't be quite that polished, but other than that, it looks okay. I have a near identical watch (more matte finish to the PVD) which my wife bought for my birthday a few years back. My personal advice on it as a watch, is that I found it hard to match to a wardrobe, as a watch that thick and black, is not exactly subtle on the wrist, so it actually got very little wrist time... In terms of overall watch, I really enjoyed wearing my PAMs, loved the large, clear dials, and enjoyed the ritual of having to wind the watch daily. My humble suggestion, would be to go for the same watch but with a stainless steel case rather than the PVD, simply because it will be more versatile to match to a wardrobe :)

[Edit to add]

Here's a quick wrist shot of mine... Ignore the time, I set it to 10:10 as the movement is dead (my fault :lol: )

DSCN1508.jpg

Im no Pam or pvd expert but I would have to agree with member x. I think that pvd Is normally a mat finish. I would also agree to take your time. I was here only a few days before I purchased my first rep. I purchased a quratz Omega PO. I really dont like to wear It anymore because the movement Is all wrong. I should have taken my time. Oh well that was seven reps ago and I am very happy with my small collection so far, good luck. :) Mike

Can you say where you purchased this from

thanks

I think anyone into replicas should have a replica Rolex. It's just classic as far as replicas. Replica and Rolex almost go hand and hand. How can anyone say they collect or are into replicas and not have a Rolex? I'm not saying that they are the best because they definitely are not. But, if you are going to collect replicas you will probably eventually buy 1 Rolex.

I'm not sure if you are set on a Pam or not, but I would browse the forums a bit more before you go with a Pam as a first rep. I've been a member for 7 months or so and now have 10 reps and I love all of them.

If I were you I would go with a nice Breitling Skyland Avenger V3 or Swiss SFSO. These two watches are perfect IMO. The can be matched up with a SS bracelet for all occasions, a rubber strap for the summer look, or a nice custom leather strap for a more dressy look. Your common civilian will not know a Breitling and will think it's the most kick a$$ watch they ever seen, it will take either a fellow rep aficionado or an AD to spot the "tells", and you yourself will sometimes forget it's a rep. There not cheap, but you can also find them for very reasonable prices if you hunt around.

The Omega UPO is a nice watch, but Omega is more well known and the crystal will need chief's AR treatment for the crystal or it's a major tell IMO.

Only reason I try to steer new members away from Pams right off the bat is because once you buy one, next thing you know you have 4 Pams, 9 straps, and no money:)

You can't go wrong with a Breitling. I love em.

Hate to ramble here, but I posted the same question 6 months ago and I'm in a mood to post:)

Unless you have owned a PVD watch before, I would be really sure that is what you want before you buy one. Try one on somewhere to see how it looks on the wrist first. PVD watches are funny. They can look sweet as hell in pics, but if you not used to them they can look awkward to some folks. I've seen people go out and spend $800 on a PVD pam and a PVD Skyland to turn around and sell them a month later for a major loss just because they didn't realize how they would look on the wrist.

Some things to think about.