When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Seawolf, SA, CE, Bentley 6.75, SOSF, Skyland

I currently have a black one, have compared it to the gen, but the gen has some metallic or I dunno what shade, so it isn't perfect, but as it's black you will only notice this upon a close inspection.

As for the white, I've just ordered a white dial. Dave said it's correct, so it must be :) My crystal is also on it's way back from Chief, it'll be a killer!

Greetz.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again Yodap :)

Once you receive your white dial, any way you would post a couple of pictures for comparison??

If you happen to have any wristies, or any random shots of your black dial laying around I would love to see them.

Thanks again everyone.

Thank you ammandel, great pictures, yellow it is for the seawolf!

Rolexman---I read, and I search, Im not new to replicas but the typical response to any question similar to mine seems to always be "use the search function"

I did, and I posted this thread to ask the questions that I did, which is what a forum is for correct? :)

I have heard slate for the CE is closest, as to the others, I have no idea, as well as to the SOSF question which was not found from searching.

I agree that Is what this forum Is all about. Proof... It's made for a great thread :D My choice would be the "yellow Seawolf" beautiful watch, good luck :) Mike

I agree that Is what this forum Is all about. Proof... It's made for a great thread :D My choice would be the "yellow Seawolf" beautiful watch, good luck :) Mike

That was my number 1 choice :)

And thanks for the feedback :)

Dont forget guys, that I will be purchasing all of these ;) I am going to swap out a panerai or 2 for an IWC and a Bell & Ross

I want an Audemars T3, but that will come later

My final list for Breitling is as follows :

Seawolf Yellow Stainless

Blackbird Black Stainless

Navitimer World GMT white dial stainless

Skyland avenger black steel v2

BCE v2 graphite dial stainless

Super Avenger white dial stainless

Super Ocean Steel Fish asian eta black dial stainless

I also ordered the Ultimate Hublot Luna Rossa, I have the Super Ocean Heritage already.

The 2 watches I couldnt afford after selling my gen were the Skyland Avenger Graphite Dial V2, and the Bentley 6.75 white or black dial....I can substitue either one of these 2 for either one of the other 2 on my list....If I were to subsitute the bentley or the skyland, it would be for the navitimer or the hublot----so would you guys keep it the same, or substitute the skyland or bentley in for the navi or the hublot if it were your choice? (note I already have the skyland black steel, and the bentley gt...I thaught the navi would be a nice change of pace)

The best thing I can say is to get the color of dial that you like no matter how accurate it is. The reason I say this is because no matter how accurate it is you should get what you like, because the chances of someone calling you out are slim. I always let people know if the conversation goes that far that they are rep's and we do this for fun and the passion of watches not to miss lead people. Just my opinion.

Brom is spot on here...let's keep some perspective about this all...

I approached my Breitling collection from a quality, scarcity, dial color/strap/bracelet, reasonable accuracy and lastly price perspective...and used some friggin common sense...i don't have an endless supply of cash, so i prioritized a bit....and read/researched/discussed as much as i could...it takes a lot of time - but that's why this is a hobby...let's keep that in mind...

So here's my two cents...

1. determine and prioritize the models you like that are scarce and more expensive...for example, the v1 Navitimer and the v1 titanium Chrono Avenger...these are tough to find an can be expensive...why prioritize a stock watch when you can pick one up at any time?!...prioritize the cost...i wanted a Blacksteel - but when they came out they were expensive...i waited on this one...but when our beloved Andreww discovered a price drop with Hont on these, i pounced...all along, though, i decided the Blacksteel HAD to go on the infamous HKTAN black/red strap - a pricey option...so when the watch dropped a $100usd, i ordered it with the HKTAN strap...sexy combo -- but certainly not cheap...

2. determine which watch you want/need with mods...foe example, the Navitimer...they all need double AR to make the dial pop...be patient and look for a member sale or decide to buy one and send it out for double AR...plan the dollars and time accordingly...i was lucky to find a blue dial TT tricompax arabic Navi with k2222 AR...anyone who knows me, knows i prefer the arabic numbered dials...so this watch covers my blue category and the TT ss bracelet is a bonus...i also bought a dark blue breitling tang leather strap for it...so it's currently leathered up...as an aside, for my v1 black dial tricompax arabic Navi, i recently purchased a black racing leather strap with gen buckle for it...i prefer my Navi's on leather...but keep my ss and tt bracelets for when the moods strikes...

3. determine you color collection...i wanted the v1 Chrono Avenger above all - titanium and black dial...and i wanted the Blackbird - black dial on brushed ss...yummy!...lol...since this was my plan, i decided that the grey dial skyland was the choice...at the time, i confirmed this decision by reaching out to Lanikai for a comparison photo shoot on the grey and black dials...grey -- IMO, and others share it -- is more versatile with various leather, rubber, ss straps/bracelets...and i bought the v2 model after pouring over the info and Toad's terrific review...why?...a no-brainer, IMO...value!...price/quality/accuracy = value...save some dollars and go after the scarce and pricey models...shifting to Navitimers, i have the v1 black and the blue AR'd dials...i liked the World/GMT...so i bought it in white...well it's actually off-white...and this watch looks great on leather!...debated getting the hat-trick and pick up a white dial tricompax arabic Navi -- but geeeez, i have the white dial World/GMT...so i will wait...SOSF in white; asian movement...why?...Robert had a great deal on one with sapphire dial and decent enough AR...and as a white dial watch, AR is less important...once again, save some money on the skyland and SOSF...

4. determine the likely-to-wear combo of dials with straps/bracelets/materials with what you plan to buy...spread out your choices and cover the spectrum...for example, here's my current setups: Blacksteel on hktan red/black, grey Skyland on dark brown croc leather, white SOSF on diver pro black rubber, black dial CA on chocolate leather, Blackbird on brushed ss bracelet (best damn bracelet, IMO), black dial Navi on black racing leather, blue Navi on dark blue leather, off-white World/GMT on burgundy croc leather, white dial "fantasy" polished ss v1 cased CA with polished/brushed utc ss bracelet, gen Aerospace black/chocolate dial with ti/gold utc bracelet...phew...and someday, i'll add: black dial SOH on Ocean Racer rubber and mesh ss, a blue dial SOSF on blue rubber, a yellow dial SeaWolf - or a grailed ti v1 Seawolf and lastly perhaps a white Montbrillant Datora (but with needed double AR mod)...but no hurray on these, as they are readily available...

5. keep you eye on the FS posts...there are beauties out there modded and/or at a reduced price from our membership...and with pix and reputations at stake, most are the best buys!...

Closing Remark: enjoy this hobby and put the loop aside and don't get hung up on the microscopic replimania...sure it's cool to have a watch ever so close to gen...i go for variety with colors/textures/etc...and seriously, if someone is that close to me to call out that the top of the "8" on my v1 CA is too exposed, then they better be female and naked!...

R-

Once you receive your white dial, any way you would post a couple of pictures for comparison??

If you happen to have any wristies, or any random shots of your black dial laying around I would love to see them.

search out dave123 posts for his white dial Bentley...

and moreover, check out jmarin.72 posts for his white dial Montbrillant Datora...after seeing his gorgeous double AR'd Monty, i prioritized this one over the Bentley...but that's just my preference...

R-