When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 30s Bentley Chrono

yodap

Hi all,

Firstly, I'm sorry for writing with capital letters, but damnit, it's my favourite watch.

Secondly, we all know that there has been a 'quality' replica with 28,8k A7750 (with secs at 9 and regular 60s chrono, which was an obvious flaw). This version has the low-beat A7750, has seconds at 3 like gen, and the site claims that it has the 30s chrono as per gen. What do you guys think?

http://www.eta911.com/shop/step1.php?number=2750

(click on the pic to view all of 'em)

Waiting for your inputs!

Wait until you buy your next car to get this. Then when anyone mentions, "What a beautiful watch!" you can reply, "Thanks. I got it when I bought my new car." They will immediately get the wrong impression that you just bought a Bently and picked up the watch at the same time.

It looks nice. Who is the vendor?

• Like 1

Wait until you buy your next car to get this. Then when anyone mentions, "What a beautiful watch!" you can reply, "Thanks. I got it when I bought my new car." They will immediately get the wrong impression that you just bought a Bently and picked up the watch at the same time.

It looks nice. Who is the vendor?

I'm just about to get my first car :D

Not a Bentley though... <_<

As for the DW color, I've seen some gens with bright red (exactly like this rep) DW.

No problem here.

Greetz.

ETA911.COM - Domain Information

Domain ETA911.COM [ Traceroute RBL/DNSBL lookup ]

Registrar HANGANG SYSTEMS, INC. D/B/A DOREGI.COM

Registrar URL http://www.doregi.com

Whois server whois.doregi.com

Created 30-May-2007

Updated 07-May-2009

Expires 30-May-2012

Time Left 1061 days 1 hours 20 minutes

Status clientTransferProhibited

DNS servers NS.DREAMWEB.CO.KR 218.145.65.143

NS2.DREAMWEB.CO.KR 218.145.65.144

ETA911.COM - Geo Information

IP Address 123.214.172.45

Host eta911.com

Location KR, Korea, Republic of

City Seoul, 11 -

Organization Hanaro Telecom, Inc.

ISP Hanaro Telecom, Inc.

AS Number AS9318 Hanaro Telecom Inc.

Latitude 37

The Data in Doregi' WHOIS database is provided by Doregi

for information purposes, and to assist persons in obtaining

information about or related to a domain name registration record.

Doregi does not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a WHOIS query,

you agree that you will use this Data only for lawful purposes

and that, under no circumstances will you use this Data to:

(1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass

unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail(spam);

or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that apply to

Doregi (or its systems). Doregi reserves the right to

modify these terms at any time. By submitting this query,

you agree to abide by this policy.

Domain Name: ETA911.COM

Registrar: HANGANG Systems,Inc. dba doregi.com

Registrant:

kimdongho

Daechi 2-dong , Gangnam-gu , Seoul , KOREA 30-201

eta@eta911.com

02-348-6498

Administrative Contact:

James Kim

eta@eta911.com

02-348-6498

Technical Contact:

James Kim

eta@eta911.com

02-348-6498

Billing Contact:

James Kim

eta@eta911.com

02-348-6498

Record created on.......: May 31, 2007

Record last updated on..: May 28, 2009

Record expires on.......: May 31, 2012

Domain name servers in listed order:

ns.dreamweb.co.kr 218.145.65.143

ns2.dreamweb.co.kr 218.145.65.144

As for the DW color, I've seen some gens with bright red (exactly like this rep) DW.

No problem here.

Greetz.

You're right Yodap that the first versions of the bentley lines did come with the bright red date font.

I really doubt they could rep the 30 second sweep though

Maybe they can't rep the 30 seconds but even if it is 60 seconds, it looks more accurate as per the gen (because of the proper location of the sub-dials) than the replicas we are used to see out there. First I though those were pictures from the gen (like most scam sites do), but if you look closer, you'll notice that the date wheel font is not the one the gen uses, which makes me believe those pictures aren't from a genuine, but from a new version of this whatch's replica with the sub-dials proper located...

And if you consider they have free shipping, the watch is not too overpriced. I couldn't find too much information about the site, though. Altough what I found are either positive (from people who bought cheaper pens just to try the service before buying expensive watches - and received the pens!) or neutral (from people like us, who have no idea if this site is a scam or not). Nothing negative, though.

Anyone has more information about this watch or have seen any other dealer selling the same version?

In theory the 30 seconds sweep seconds hand would be easily done by simply doubling the drive ration of the final set of pinions. I maybe wrong but I'd be surprised if the movement factory would go to this trouble for a fairly low sales volume model.

Its also significant that the watch has been photographed with all 3 sub dials at the 12 mark, so you can't actually tell which sub dial is which. At this price I'm going to guess its a regular 7750 layout despite the dial printing.

Nope, the 6.75 is photographed like that as well. If you look at the side of the case, it's thicker than the crrent version, which means there are some additional gears :)

I think they managed to replicate the 30s chrono.

Nope, the 6.75 is photographed like that as well. If you look at the side of the case, it's thicker than the crrent version, which means there are some additional gears :)

I think they managed to replicate the 30s chrono.

Did you contact the seller?

It does not seem like a scammer, maybe a bit overpriced yes, but honestly describes his watches with asian movements.

I've contacted the seller. They prompty answered my questions and swear what is there is true and what you see is what you'll get. They also said that if I'm not happy with what I receive, they'll accept return with in 7 days and refund the money.

By the way, they also have the Bentley with the sub-dials wrongly configured as most Bentley replicas do but that one costs US$ 320,00 shipped. The diference in price (this one here costs US$ 360,00 shipped) may be due to a better version of the replica. If compared to the genuine, I couldn't see any flaw other than the font used on the date wheel and the famous Swilzerland at the back.

The only thing I'm not sure about this watch is the movement. Shou one get the 21600bph just to get the proper subdials configuration or get the newer fast paced 28800bph but have the dials screaming "I AM A FAKE BREITLING"...

Their site looks very well done to be a scam.

I've contacted the seller. They prompty answered my questions and swear what is there is true and what you see is what you'll get. They also said that if I'm not happy with what I receive, they'll accept return with in 7 days and refund the money.

By the way, they also have the Bentley with the sub-dials wrongly configured as most Bentley replicas do but that one costs US$ 320,00 shipped. The diference in price (this one here costs US$ 360,00 shipped) may be due to a better version of the replica. If compared to the genuine, I couldn't see any flaw other than the font used on the date wheel and the famous Swilzerland at the back.

The only thing I'm not sure about this watch is the movement. Shou one get the 21600bph just to get the proper subdials configuration or get the newer fast paced 28800bph but have the dials screaming "I AM A FAKE BREITLING"...

Their site looks very well done to be a scam.

Well i don't know what exactly your question was, but apparently not if this breit is functioning like its described.

Regarding scamsites, there are quite a large number of scam sites which are very, very well done. Theres also trustworthy dealers which user a very poor site or no site at all. It does'nt mean a thing.

The genuine uses a 2894 eta movement, and the rep version of this, as used in various seconds at 3 reps, is available, so I can well believe this might have that.

The main chrono second hand however is powered from inside the movement and not the transfer gears. So make this rotate at twice the normal speed (ie one rev per 30 seconds) would require changing the ratio between the tilting pinion and the drive wheel on the chrono seconds shaft. If you've ever worked on these parts of a 7750 you'll understand how tough this would be and how unlikely it is.

I know Breitling Bentley's are huge in Japan so "perhaps" the market is bigger than we think and the movement factory did the mod, but I'd be expecting a price closer to $600 with this level of re-engineering.

Interesting...

I've been looking at a Bentley 30s Model T SS White Asia 7750 28800bph over at Perfect Clones.

Must be one of the largest Dials at 49mm.

I also love the three cars stamped on the back case.

I would however have preferred the steel band not to be brushed steel.... but you can't have them all.

Mike

The genuine uses a 2894 eta movement, and the rep version of this, as used in various seconds at 3 reps, is available, so I can well believe this might have that.

The main chrono second hand however is powered from inside the movement and not the transfer gears. So make this rotate at twice the normal speed (ie one rev per 30 seconds) would require changing the ratio between the tilting pinion and the drive wheel on the chrono seconds shaft. If you've ever worked on these parts of a 7750 you'll understand how tough this would be and how unlikely it is.

I know Breitling Bentley's are huge in Japan so "perhaps" the market is bigger than we think and the movement factory did the mod, but I'd be expecting a price closer to $600 with this level of re-engineering.

Gen uses 2892-2 + a modified DD chrono module. Think of this: They managed to modify this old 7750 to act like the 7751, but they couldn't do it with the new 28.8k A7750. I guess the 21.6k version is more moddable due to parts availibility, or I dunno, but I do believe that they managed to create a true 30s chrono.

By the way, a 28800bph movement would beat 8 times between the each second mark on the dial, making the movement very smooth. If this Breitling for Bentley rep they are selling is 21600bph and turns around the dial once every 30 seconds, I assume it would beat only 3 times between each second mark on the dial. Wouldn't that movement be too rough if compared to the genuine or even other reps?