When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you consider the Best Navitimer?

Beards

In my quest for obtaining a Navitimer I have come across many online sites and sellers here who can provide what they deem as the 'Best' quality Navitimer.

To be frank I have found this a bit of a nightmare and am still heavily reading... browsing.. etc. trying to find which would be classed as the best Navitimer around.

So, with that in hand I would like to open this up to you guys and ask what you perceive as the most accurate Breitling Navitimer you have either come across/found or own.

Pics are welcome if you think it may help but a description and any other info would be beneficial.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Start from reading this sticky post by Andreww.

Good luck!

Thanks, appreciate the comment.

Yes, I have read Andrews very detailed and descriptive topic. Excellent material.

I should have added this in the opening post, my apologies.

I'm trying to build up from this from a 'personal ownership point of view'.

Mike

Navitimer is quite an old rep model. They're good reps, but not quite as good as some of the newer Breitling reps. Most dealers can access the exact same model so pretty much every dealer (who sells the 7750 version) has the same one. I haven't followed things much lately but this is what I think.

Go to the links section of this forum -> Dealer Web sites and compare the pics. That's basically how we all choose our reps.

I've given up on trying to find a good Navi rep... so I've been putting aside some cash and now have enough to buy a clean used gen.

I suggest you do the same, because once the Navitimer bug bites you... it has you for good.

I'm a pilot, to make matters worse!

B)

Oh, and if anyone in here is selling one... please let me know!

Go for the Montbrillant Legende. You won't be disappointed!

Funny you should say that.... I saw a Montbrilliant Datora SS White Asia 7750.

It's not as large as the Legende being smaller at 42.5mm x 14.5mm against the Legende 47mm x 16mm but it does show the Day/Month at 12 and a sweeping Date.... Very Nice.

This is making my choice very hard...

Mike

The datora has some flaws like:

-incorrect day/month font

-incorrect dial print color on black dial

-incorrect dial color shade on white dial

-slide rule doesn't line up

-slide rule numbers too far to the edge of the crystal

-21,6k instead of 28,8k beat rate

-no antireflective coating

The MBL has only two as far as I know:

-sunken DW

-DW should go more towards the edge of the dial (talking about 0,1mm here, not a big deal)

I'd go for the Legende.

Mmmmm.... I rather like the look of the Navitimer World GMT... although I would wear it in SS as opposed to Leather.

I thought it's size was Dia 47mm x 17mm.

I also note on the GMT the hours & mins are independently set on the crown.

Mike

The datora has some flaws like:

-incorrect day/month font

-incorrect dial print color on black dial

-incorrect dial color shade on white dial

-slide rule doesn't line up

-slide rule numbers too far to the edge of the crystal

-21,6k instead of 28,8k beat rate

-no antireflective coating

The MBL has only two as far as I know:

-sunken DW

-DW should go more towards the edge of the dial (talking about 0,1mm here, not a big deal)

I'd go for the Legende.

Many thanks yodap.

I have now ruled out the Datora.

Mike

WOW... I just tried to register for an account at brietlingsource.com... WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!

I could not read ANY of the spam catch thingys, and I've got 20/13 or better vision and a crystal clear 22" samsung LCD with DVI input off a very good video card.

WOW... what a horrible piece of [censored] that is.

even though they misspelled Moscow on the caseback :D

Funnily enough... the one I am thinking of buying I have only just noticed that myself...

Can't quite make it out but have they spelled it 'Moscuw' by any chance?

Mike

I have the typical 7750 tricompax Navi that all the dealers carry. It's very nice, but the flaws (sunken DW, no pie-pan gradient on the subdials etc.) are enough to hold me back from being *totally* in love with it. Oh, and the rep strap sucks massively, so I replaced it with a Panatime calf-hide strap which accommodated the deployment without too much trouble.

I would say that although the slide rule doesn't line up properly it is still pretty usable, especially for those quick kph to mph calculations, where you're at least within +/- 1mph.

In retrospect I would have gone for a Navi World, but at the time the size of it scared me. Now I'm used to larger watches, it wouldn't be that big a deal and the Navi actually feels small to me.

In retrospect I would have gone for a Navi World, but at the time the size of it scared me. Now I'm used to larger watches, it wouldn't be that big a deal and the Navi actually feels small to me.
Just as a matter of interest.... Why would you go for the Navi World?

I know it's all a matter of personal taste but it's still good to hear how others feel about the World.

Mike

Just as a matter of interest.... Why would you go for the Navi World?

I know it's all a matter of personal taste but it's still good to hear how others feel about the World.

Mike

Size. I'm finding the regular Navi to be a bit small, even on my skinny wrists, especially as I'm quite used to my PAM111, Chopard GTXL chrono, Oris TT3 etc. which are all bigger.

The Navi World/GMT is 46mm or so...it's large...

I went for it because the dial screams classic Breitling with it's detail...and i was happily surpised that the color is off-white/antique white with subtle blue numbers...since it's muted white, it doesn't announce it's presence as quickly as bright white, IMO...anddddd, the factory AR is nice...not at the level of Chief's AR by any stretch, but nice!...

The GMT hand is independent and is a nice accent...IMO, this watch needs to go on leather...i think with it's size, that on polished SS, it would be very blingy...

re: Montbrillant Datora...if there's any doubt as to the beauty of this watch, check out jmarin.72 posts on his...sure - it's flawed...but seriously, it's so damn detailed, unless someone very knowledgeable is handling and scoping it, who will know...i love the look of this watch and jmarin.72 will attest it's sharp...very sharp...and once again, signature Breitling...

re: Blackbird...it doesn't get enough press...it's a beauty...especially with the brushed ss bracelet...one of the best bracelets out there...comfortable and not a magnet for scratches...prone to date-advance problems, tho...not all, but some...mine has this, but it's going out for service soon...the date advances on it's own, but using the crown it doesn't...it needs a simple'ish adjustment as the plate holding the gear adjustment needs tightening...at least that's what my research might suggest...doesn't matter...the Blackbird is one handsome watch...one of my favorites!...

R-

Thanks Rob,when i decide to sell it you will be No 1 in my list my friend!!!

BTW i also like your World GMT...please do consider a Chief doubl a/r treatment !!!

It will be a smash,i sure of that!!!

Also here is a couple of my Blackbird shots...i consider it to be a pretty decent rep

although in an artistic ecstasy of mine i painted the bezel markers with black

paint!!!just to try the look of it :p

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00035.jpg