When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Check out this movement

qualitime

Yes, this has been discussed before. It is just a clone eta movement with some poor markings on it. Why they go to all the trouble to engrave a clone movement with 3135 on it is beyond me. Why don't they just make a copy of the real 3135?????

Also in the dealer section.

Nice movement.

http://www.prowatch-polo.com/showpic.asp?ArticleID=889

Q.

Yes, this has been discussed before. It is just a clone eta movement with some poor markings on it. Why they go to all the trouble to engrave a clone movement with 3135 on it is beyond me. Why don't they just make a copy of the real 3135?????

If its an ETA clone, why is this new dealer advertising it as Swiss, already then the price is to high and lied to us. Anyway it looks cr4p.

Solely based on the decorated & signed plates (which can only be applied when the movement is disassembled), I would assume this is a clone. At the advertised price, I cannot imagine the factory spent the time to disassemble, decorate/sign the plates & reassemble a movement. More likely, it is an Asian-made clone that was decorated during production. But, on the positive side, being an Asian clone, there is a bit less of a chance that the movement is used & was pulled from another watch as is common with reps.

If its an ETA clone, why is this new dealer advertising it as Swiss, already then the price is to high and lied to us. Anyway it looks cr4p.

Good point,"little white lies" anyone. Also being advertised as "Swiss" HERE.

My first thought when I saw this was that it looked Swiss but the consensus amongst those who have expressed opinions in this thread suggests clone.

Thoughts anyone?

I agree with Freddy.

First, ETA is not going to build a 2836 w/ Rolex markings- just not gonna happen.

Secondly, it's not cost effective to procure a 'swiss' eta, take it apart, decorate it and reassemble it. Not even in China.

Therefore, you have to figure these are being built in China and are clones.

And don't forget, it's getting harder and harder just to get 'swiss' etas these days. Lord knows how many movements are advertised as 'swiss' and are really clones! You can pay the $60 to $80 more for 'swiss', but then you have to take it to the watchmaker and have him take it apart to see- more money.

I take an ugly copper/ gold one gen ETA over a decorated clone anytime. Who are we kidding? What does the decoration do for you? The colored gears and 3135 don't make it look anywhere like a Rolex 3135. I have enough bad experience with those clone 2836 it's not even funny.

-bk