When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Adding / Removing the Seconds Ouput of an ETA/Unitas 6497 Movement

First a picture of two Panerais. Left, PAM 111H, right PAM 112H.

img0759ul6.jpg

Do you want to convert your PAM 111 in a 112? Then you have to remove the seconds output.

Or do you have a PAM 112 and you want to use the movement for a 111? Then you have to add a seconds output.

In this tutorial you will learn how to do it. How to add or to remove the seconds output of an ETA/Unitas 6497 movement.

This is view of the 6497 movement of a 111 PAM (with seconds output) when the dial has been removed. Red circle shows the seconds output. It is a pin where the hand seconds is attached on.

dondesegunderobo9.jpg

As the picture shows, there is a jewel in this seconds output. Jewels are very hard, but fragile. One of the possible tasks for removing the seconds output is just filing this output.

Please, I know that some people are just filing this pin

Guest avitt

Thanks for the tutorial Francisco.

I've got a related question for you. Is there any way to actually lengthen the seconds output pin?

In the case of a thick or sandwich dial, it is very easy to add the H3 cannon pinion and hour wheels to gain extra clearance...But there doesn't seem to be any way to accommodate the seconds hand. I've got two watches (one's a sandwich dial, and the other's an old pocket watch dial) which won't accept seconds hands, because they're too thick.