When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Diver Chronograph

I have been waiting a long time for a decent rep of an Ulysses Nardin watch. For me this brand produces very original and beautiful watches. Finally a good rep is here. This is the review of model Maxi Marine Diver Chronograph 8003-102-3/92. It seems that a gen of this model was bought to be replicated. Really, the rest of version seems worse replicated.

It was hard to find good pictures of the gen, as this is a very new model. Although I do not have the rep, I have used pictures from some colleagues that have received the watch and now it is possible to make a review. Thanks a lot to these members for sharing these pictures (Lanai and Phoband).

comp1jk1.jpg

This first picture shows some of the flaws. The pusher are longer in the rep. This flaw is probably best seen in next pictures. The crown guard has a curved shape in the base, where the gen has a line shape. In my opinion, the font of the numbers on the bezel should be bolder.

However, a green circle shows an aspect very difficult to be replicated and it has been made very well: the waves on the bezel.

comp2wb4.jpg

This second picture shows better the thinner numbers on the bezel. The pearl is shown on green, because it seems that is very well replicated, when in the majority of cases the pearl is an issue. The dial is practically perfect, having a very complicated design. Amazing!

comp3dj9.jpg

Pictures of the strap show a perfect replication. Only one picture is shown here. Be careful with the screws, it seem that gen and rep share the same problem of loosing screws.

comp4ea9.jpg

The back has several flaws and it is the worst part of this rep. However, it is a very difficult task to replicate this part, due to its difficulty. The bearing has the same problem that the rep of Hublot Big Bang has. Fortunately, this flaw can be solved following this tuto:

http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/86883-modding-the-rotor-of-the-hublot-big-bang/

The blue color of the rotor seems incorrect. On the other hand, some pieces must be blue painted and they are not.

The crown guard is incorrect again. Surprisingly, now the shape must be curved and it is not curved in the back of the rep.

Texts on the case are very well done, but the position on the case is a bit off