When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This is a big f++ker

r11co

Anyone who claims to know me will also know I've always been an Oris fan, but I draw the line at this....

pra2.jpg

linky

Check the spec - 51mm case!

This one's gotta be titanium as otherwise it'd drag your wrist behind you.

S'pose a rep is on the cards as the movement/datewheel/hand work has already been done with the Carlos Coste (which this is the replacement for...)

Edited by r11co

I have the Carlos Coste, I like big watches and I'm a tall, big guy but I also find this size ridiculous, especially in combination with a thick case like this. On the other hand, if the watch is used for the purpose it was built for (e.g. diving), then size comes in handy as it is easier to read underwater. Having said that, maybe 10% of all divers watches sold are used for their original purpose...

:shock:

Such a watch should only ever be worn over a diving/space suit...

From a design point of view, it has the same bezel/dial size ratio which I find with the SFSO... It's like putting a Submariner dial in a 45 Planet Ocean case... If the dial was a few mm larger, I think it would look more balanced :)

:shock:

Such a watch should only ever be worn over a diving/space suit...

From a design point of view, it has the same bezel/dial size ratio which I find with the SFSO... It's like putting a Submariner dial in a 45 Planet Ocean case... If the dial was a few mm larger, I think it would look more balanced :)

I concur!

That bezel looks like one mofo!!! :shock:

My Suunto is 50mmm but looks more in proportin.. (imho)

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

I agree, your watch looks much more balanced and in proportion :)

And regarding the divers watch, they are often meant to be weared outside the weat-suite, so size aint so bad at this one...

Absolutely, but that Oris is such a diver's watch which should only be worn over a wet suit and kept in storage with said diving equipment, not worn on dry land :lol:

have you got small wrists? :p

Anyone who claims to know me will also know I've always been an Oris fan, but I draw the line at this....

pra2.jpg

linky

Check the spec - 51mm case!

This one's gotta be titanium as otherwise it'd drag your wrist behind you.

S'pose a rep is on the cards as the movement/datewheel/hand work has already been done with the Carlos Coste (which this is the replacement for...)