When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has Anyone Purchased A New Full Gold Daytona?

jfreeman420

I am considering an all gold daytona from josh at perfect clones. Has anyone bought one? His picks seem very dark and I am wondering if the gold is that color or if it is just the picks. Also it is hard to see the detail in the MOP dial. Can anyone post a better pic of one of these?

Am I the only one on this board who likes these tacky, gawdy watches? :D Has no one else bought one?

I remember a time when bling was the thing.......... Time to retire my big rope chains and Cazals...

Just be prepared for what happens with almost every gold plated replica watch. They will eventually look like crap even if you dont wear them. I had a yellow gold plated Vacheron Malte that turned brown in a year even though I wore it very rarely. Plating in the replica business is a dicey art. Gold is expensive and gold plating over another yellowish metal like brass doesn't have to be very good to look good for a while (long enough to sell) and will quickly degrade. I have never gotten an adequete explaination of the difference between "wrapped" vs thick electroplating. Some dealers explain wrapped as 10-15 micron thick plating. Others leave you with the perception it means something like "gold leaf" treatment. This isn't to say plating can't be very good. I have several genuines that are plated that have stood the test of time very well. We're talking replicas from China here buddy and gold for a month is all they need to be able to say "Hey, it was gold when we sold it to you." Any way you slice it, your gold Daytona would weigh as much as a bowling ball if it were a genuine but if you never take it off your wrist so no one could pick it up, it will look like week old cheese before long. I stick to SS in reps. One day, I will buy the only solid gold rep I think is worth it, a Rolex Datejust TT bracelet with solid 18K midlinks, bezel and crown from Josh. About $500.

Just be prepared for what happens with almost every gold plated replica watch. They will eventually look like crap even if you dont wear them. I had a yellow gold plated Vacheron Malte that turned brown in a year even though I wore it very rarely. Plating in the replica business is a dicey art. Gold is expensive and gold plating over another yellowish metal like brass doesn't have to be very good to look good for a while (long enough to sell) and will quickly degrade. I have never gotten an adequete explaination of the difference between "wrapped" vs thick electroplating. Some dealers explain wrapped as 10-15 micron thick plating. Others leave you with the perception it means something like "gold leaf" treatment. This isn't to say plating can't be very good. I have several genuines that are plated that have stood the test of time very well. We're talking replicas from China here buddy and gold for a month is all they need to be able to say "Hey, it was gold when we sold it to you." Any way you slice it, your gold Daytona would weigh as much as a bowling ball if it were a genuine but if you never take it off your wrist so no one could pick it up, it will look like week old cheese before long. I stick to SS in reps. One day, I will buy the only solid gold rep I think is worth it, a Rolex Datejust TT bracelet with solid 18K midlinks, bezel and crown from Josh. About $500.

I have had many old plated replicas. I have a gold masterpiece for about 2 and a half years that looks like new. A TT sub the same. The Vacheron Malte type watches on straps are usually all low quality $40 watches which is probably why they turn. I have had mixed luck with those types. I have four presidents that haven't worn off and I work with a friend who has worn the same President I got for him every day for the last 2 years without a spot of gold worn off.

As for those solid gold TT reps, I have those as well. I have had an all solid gold president and many TT's. The TT solid gold watches usually have a lower karat gold inside a 14 or 18k shell. They can be had for a lot less than $500.00 Got my solid gold TT Daytona for $300. Datejusts are about the same

Just be prepared for what happens with almost every gold plated replica watch. They will eventually look like crap even if you dont wear them.

...are you sure? I had for over a year a cheap gold plated AP from Adam, I expected this will wear off in months, but no trace of any wear, looks smashing as new and I gave it lots of wrist time, sweating along the way, but nothing happend to the gold.

• 1 month later...
...are you sure? I had for over a year a cheap gold plated AP from Adam, I expected this will wear off in months, but no trace of any wear, looks smashing as new and I gave it lots of wrist time, sweating along the way, but nothing happend to the gold.

I too am looking for a full gold version. I want to put a nice alligator strap on it. As to the gold, I hae a couple of gold ones that I have had for a little over a year, and have not had any issues with them. I know the "golding" method is getting better as well. I am leaning towards Josh's, but will continue my search throughout the weekend and place my order on Monday...

jwb

Well, if I were you, I wouldn't buy a gold-Replica-Daytona.

I've one seen one in person and it was the most obvious fake, I've ever seen.

Don't do it!

Each to their own opinion, I guess :3a:

If someone want's an OTT Rolex Gold Daytona, then I say "Go For It!"...

I love my :-

http://perfect-clones.com/rldf10001-gold-d...de1-p-1119.html

I always wear the EL SS Yachtmaster, but that Josh Daytona is a beautiful part of my little collection...

Having never seen a gen solid full gold Daytona (and I suspect most won't have), It's hard to say what the obvious fake giveaway is :blink:

My friend has a solid gold daytona and I have had it on my wrist. I know the replica isn't exact, but I am mostly concerned about the dial and color of the gold.

@starbug: How is the gold color? Can you post a better pic than josh?

No, you'll have to take the pic from Josh as the only view. What I will say is that the pics on his website are pretty dark. The gold colouring looks much brighter in real life.

btw Is this a "fantasy" rep?.. I can't even find a pic of a genuine version of this online anywhere!

Does anyone have any pics or links to the gen verion????

Edited by Starbug

I am considering an all gold daytona from josh at perfect clones. Has anyone bought one? His picks seem very dark and I am wondering if the gold is that color or if it is just the picks. Also it is hard to see the detail in the MOP dial. Can anyone post a better pic of one of these?

By the way, the rotor on the movement says 'Officine Rolex Firenze'

that may be a small tell.. heh..

http://perfect-clones.com/images/1/410/7.jpg

if the gold doesn't look good josh won't send it to you. as far as how long will it last? the plating will last longer than the movement so don't worry about it. if it doesn't you can have it replated it doesn't cost very much. at 700.00 an oz there is about 50.00 worth if gold on it. i am sure you can have it replated for less than 100.00.

joshua's daytonas are so close to gen the only reason you would get called out is not looking or acting the part. if you like it buy it. most of the people here like sports watches so you are not going to get a receptive crowd on a solid gold rolex. the gold with black dial that josh has is smokin. just ask josh how the color of the gold is. he will tell you, if he don't like the way it looks he won't send it. last year i ordered a rose gold vc duotime regulator from him and he contacted me and said the gold looked very bad and he would not send. i could order something else or have my money back. don't worry about it, just buy what you like.

If my memory serves me right Trusty Andrew gave Josh's gold Daytonas a strong endorsement when they were introduced. He said the plating was some of the best on the market at that time.

I say go for it, I love the look of the gold Daytona with black dial.

If my memory serves me right Trusty Andrew gave Josh's gold Daytonas a strong endorsement when they were introduced. He said the plating was some of the best on the market at that time.

I say go for it, I love the look of the gold Daytona with black dial.

yes i remember that thread. just ask josh, if it don't look good he won't send it.

and you are right, that daytona with the black dial is beautiful.