When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

V2 and V3 Skyland differences

yodap

Hi all,

After getting several PMs asking about which version to buy, I thought I'll post this, it'll be easier for everyone.

The pics are from Toad's excellent V3 review, special thanks to him. I won't go into deep details as he did, just a short list of the pros / cons.

So, here we go:

V1 AS:

+Correct caseback

+Correct color subdial hand tubes

+Correct chrono sec hand color

+Valid manufacturing date between the lugs

+Crisp bezel engraving

-Pearl itself too big, and the surrounding metal ring is a bit too thin

-Incorrect shape of numeral '1' on the bezel in 10 and 15

-Weak AR

-Half lume dot at 3

-Bezel engraving is too thick compared to the genuine (I'd say about 1,1x or 1,2x ,not a very big difference)

-Engraved numbers on the bezel don't go close enough to the edge of the bezel

-'B' on the side of the bezel is etched, not engraved like the gen.

-Chrono pushers are too long

V2 AS:

+Decent AR

+Correct size lume dot at 3

+Bezel engraving is spot on (thickness wise)

+Engraved numbers on the bezel go close to the edge of the bezel like on the genuine

+Engraved 'B' on the side of the bezel

+Correct length chrono pushers

+More accurate pearl and surrounding ring

+Correct shape of numeral '1' on the bezel in 10 and 15

-Less crisp bezel engraving, not noticeable without a loupe

-Incorrect color subdial hand tubes (easy fix though)

-Incorrect font type used for the model number on the caseback (numbers are too tall)

-Invalid manufacturing date between the lugs (watch is made in 2016)

-Incorrect chrono sec hand color (too blood red, not really noticeable)

-More expensive than the V3

-Many movement problems reported (mine was also faulty)

V3 AS:

+Correct caseback

+Correct color subdial hand tubes

+Supposedly more reliable movement, I haven't heard of any problems yet

+Correct chrono sec hand color

+Valid manufacturing date between the lugs

+Cheaper than the V2

+Crisp bezel engraving

+Correct size lume dot at 3

+Cheaper than the V2

-Incorrect shape of numeral '1' on the bezel in 10 and 15

-Pearl itself too big, and the surrounding metal ring is a bit too thin

-Weak AR

-Bezel engraving is too thick compared to the genuine (I'd say about 1,1x or 1,2x ,not a very big difference)

-Engraved numbers on the bezel don't go close enough to the edge of the bezel

-'B' on the side of the bezel is etched, not engraved like the gen.

-Chrono pushers are too long

Now onto the pictures:

Subdial hand's tube color

Breit-Skyland-SubHandComp.jpg

Manufacturing date between the lugs

Breit-Skyland-DateStampComp.jpg

Chrono pushers

Breit-Skyland-ChronoPushComp.jpg

V1 half lume dot

DSCN0027-sma.jpg

Caseback

Breit-Skyland-CasebackComp.jpg

Bezel

Breit-Skyland-CaseEngrComp.jpg

This isn't a really good pic, the V2's rider tab is over-enlarged compared to the gen / V3. In real life the V2 is closer to gen, just wanted to show what engraving crispness means.

Shape of numeral '1' on the bezel

evoskyland.jpg

Don't care about the evo dial just look at the case, it was a custom project, and someone on RWG thought that it was genuine, and I posted a pic showing that it's not.

That would be it, I might post some more pics later if needed. If I missed something in the specifications, please feel free to let me know. I'd like to get other members experiences, but I do not want to argue about anything, everyone sees things differently.

And last but not least, this write-up isn't only based on reviews, pictures and dealer's specifications, but on my experiences after comparing both the V2 and a V3 to a genuine at the same time.

Greetz.

Great post and excellent guide that accurately discerns the differences and variations between versions.

I pulled out my Blacksteel V2 and noticed that according to the lug stamp, mine is manufactured in 2016, as per your guide :bangin:

Everything you mentioned on the V2 is present on mine, except that the BS seems to have the brass colored sub dial tubes. Visually, I love my V2 Blacksteel; and so far, the movement has been running strong.

IMG_4229.jpg

I have a feeling that your pictorial will be a large help for many. Thanks for this contribution to the forum.

Great post and excellent guide that accurately discerns the differences and variations between versions.

I pulled out my Blacksteel V2 and noticed that according to the lug stamp, mine is manufactured in 2016, as per your guide :bangin:

Everything you mentioned on the V2 is present on mine, except that the BS seems to have the brass colored sub dial tubes. Visually, I love my V2 Blacksteel; and so far, the movement has been running strong.

I have a feeling that your pictorial will be a large help for many. Thanks for this contribution to the forum.

+1

It's good to have all these comparisons in one place. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

...and what about latest V2 remake from H-factory as delivered by Joshua/Perfect Clones? Upgraded C1 lume, what else? Maybe correct production date encoded between lugs (instead of 2016)? Color of subdial hand tubes is now correct, according to QC pictures I got.

Edited by PolonusTM

...and what about latest V2 remake from H-factory as delivered by Joshua/Perfect Clones? Upgraded C1 lume, what else? Maybe correct production date encoded between lugs (instead of 2016)? Color of subdial hand tubes is now correct, according to QC pictures I got.

on the one I just got from josh, date is still 2016, but I believe the red on the chrono hand is correct now too...

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...