When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Portuguese Group Buy.....

Richard Tracy

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my watch is also not shipped

i have order combined shipping with finepics

i have send money for over 3 weeks? and no shipment yet?

Three weeks..... :o

I have contacted Jay,.... awaiting reply.. sounds like most have been

delivered... anyone else not received theirs ?

Food for thought,..if a few weeks and a dollar savings under the dealer

that brought the price down for everyone ... is enough to cut future

purchases,... then no dealer is safe ... not to mention that we will

not be seeing many more group buys...

We should understand that the logistics of these deals are a nightmare and

have a bit more patience.... -_-

I will post his reply when received....

Still do not have my group buy IWC yet - not impressed with the service from Silix at all. Will not be buying from them again.

I just got mine today, so try and hang in there buddy. My watch was shipped on 19th, and spent 4 days in customs at Coventry before being released.

The seconds hand is a bit jerky, so I'll probably get the movement serviced. Otherwise I'm very happy with the watch, although if I had the choice I would have paid a bit more to get quicker service from another dealer.

Three weeks..... :o

I have contacted Jay,.... awaiting reply.. sounds like most have been

delivered... anyone else not received theirs ?

Food for thought,..if a few weeks and a dollar savings under the dealer

that brought the price down for everyone ... is enough to cut future

purchases,... then no dealer is safe ... not to mention that we will

not be seeing many more group buys...

We should understand that the logistics of these deals are a nightmare and

have a bit more patience.... -_-

I will post his reply when received....

Our shipment was delayed initially because Toubillon and I specified a black strap which they were waiting to come into stock but it got to the point where I asked them just to ship as is and they offered to send the straps later. I was given a track number on the 25th and was told they shipped on the 24th but it's now the 29th and nothing shows on Parcel force tracking. That's odd because it usually shows on Parcelforce 48 hours after shipping date. Jay told me that it was showing as shipped but at his end???(Nothing on EMS China either) so maybe we have the wrong shipping number. Anyway this means that they will not be here until at least the middle or end of next week (and that's if they were on the tracking system). So 5 weeks might be more likely - not very impressed at all.

Our shipment was delayed initially because Toubillon and I specified a black strap which they were waiting to come into stock but it got to the point where I asked them just to ship as is and they offered to send the straps later. I was given a track number on the 25th and was told they shipped on the 24th but it's now the 29th and nothing shows on Parcel force tracking. That's odd because it usually shows on Parcelforce 48 hours after shipping date. Jay told me that it was showing as shipped but at his end???(Nothing on EMS China either) so maybe we have the wrong shipping number. Anyway this means that they will not be here until at least the middle or end of next week (and that's if they were on the tracking system). So 5 weeks might be more likely - not very impressed at all.

The issue of special requests for strap changes was

addressed well before the ordering time.

I requested that it not be done, just for the reasons

of delay that you are experiencing...while most of the rest of us received

our watches already...

Group buys are what they are due to the least handling possible,..

If you want someone to physically change straps out, or whatever..

and are demanding your watch arrive in a week.. then be willing to

pay the full price...

I personally am looking kind of bad to Jay now that this has come to light...

seeing the e-mail I wrote to him yesterday, I am shamed..

and see just how much better he is that I would be under this circumstance...

Jay is Top Notch, No doubt about it ! ^_^

Excuse me,.. I have an apology letter to write....

The issue of special requests for strap changes was

addressed well before the ordering time.

I requested that it not be done, just for the reasons

of delay that you are experiencing...while most of the rest of us received

our watches already...

Group buys are what they are due to the least handling possible,..

If you want someone to physically change straps out, or whatever..

and are demanding your watch arrive in a week.. then be willing to

pay the full price...

I personally am looking kind of bad to Jay now that this has come to light...

seeing the e-mail I wrote to him yesterday, I am shamed..

and see just how much better he is that I would be under this circumstance...

Jay is Top Notch, No doubt about it ! ^_^

Richard T - I did not intially order the black strap but Tourbillon did. I then asked Jay what the situation was and he said no problem to have black only few days to get it. So I decided it was ok to wait a bit but after a while there was no word as to what was happening unless I emailed them to ask. Finally I told them that if the straps had not arrrived by last saturday then to ship them out. My concern now is thst this was not done on Staurday as nothing is showing on the tracking. Now I will stress that Parcelforce always shows the tracking info 2 days after actual posting - their system is fully linked to the EMS China systems. Still nothing as of just now!! Mabe the tracking number is wrong as Jay says it is showing as collected on the 24th.

My complaint is really that it's poor service to only keep the customer informed when thay ask what's happening - afterall I paid immediately and I know that EL is already cheaper than Silix now so I could have been wearing this a while ago - but to be fiar they did explain fully the situation in their replies and are always courteous so I don't want to knoc them too much. Sorry if I have created a predicament for you but I must say that maybe group buys are not such a great deal afterall - well not for me anyway.

Richard T - I did not intially order the black strap but Tourbillon did. I then asked Jay what the situation was and he said no problem to have black only few days to get it. So I decided it was ok to wait a bit but after a while there was no word as to what was happening unless I emailed them to ask. Finally I told them that if the straps had not arrrived by last saturday then to ship them out. My concern now is thst this was not done on Staurday as nothing is showing on the tracking. Now I will stress that Parcelforce always shows the tracking info 2 days after actual posting - their system is fully linked to the EMS China systems. Still nothing as of just now!! Mabe the tracking number is wrong as Jay says it is showing as collected on the 24th.

My complaint is really that it's poor service to only keep the customer informed when thay ask what's happening - afterall I paid immediately and I know that EL is already cheaper than Silix now so I could have been wearing this a while ago - but to be fiar they did explain fully the situation in their replies and are always courteous so I don't want to knoc them too much. Sorry if I have created a predicament for you but I must say that maybe group buys are not such a great deal afterall - well not for me anyway.

Can we get something in print here ?

First,

I gave EL first bid on this GB, then another chance,.. and both times he came in higher,

than what Jay settled on....

Second,..

This Dollar discount under Jays price and indeed all the lower prices from dealers across the board

are due to this GB,.... so please don't disregard how beneficial GBs can be for everyone here...

not just those that participate.

Not to mention that the vast majority of members in this GB have received their watches

long ago..

Regarding the time span, I don't feel that any watch that comes in under six weeks is anything to

be concerned about, especially since he has been in communication with you upon

request...

I personally don't expect a dealer, especially a mega dealer to remember and keep

me notified on every turn in my order,... only that he or she reply when I inquire..

Also don't consider it any reason to publicly damage a well earned reputation

for customer service in a group buy, where the profit margin is slim, also when

true service is really demonstrated after delivery of a damaged watch.

Lastly think about all the extra time that was consumed from him due to this special request,

which over shoots the price that we obtained, and goes against the rules set up in

the GB in the first place, in order to keep the flow smoothly in the groove.. and fair

for all concerned.

I grant you that GBs however may not be for everyone....

"Also don't consider it any reason to publicly damage a well earned reputation

for customer service in a group buy, where the profit margin is slim, also when

true service is really demonstrated after delivery of a damaged watch."

I concur-- mine finally arrived with, a list of flaws--some cosmetic, some mechanical. Jay has been exceptionally responsive, my return got back to China two days ago... lets see how it goes from here.

I should explain that my major concern was that the tracking number that they supplied did not show on either Parcelforces website or on EMS China's site. Every shipment I have ever had through Parcelforce usually shows on their system 2 days after the collection of the package so when the numbers continued not to show anything after it was supposedly posted on the 24th I began to get worried that something was not right.

However all has ended well as the watches arrived this morning with the tracking number (which is correct) still not showing anything. This has never happened before. I realise that this is not their fault and I have emailed them to apologise for making a fuss - maybe this was just one of those things. Apologies to you Richard T as well.

I should explain that my major concern was that the tracking number that they supplied did not show on either Parcelforces website or on EMS China's site. Every shipment I have ever had through Parcelforce usually shows on their system 2 days after the collection of the package so when the numbers continued not to show anything after it was supposedly posted on the 24th I began to get worried that something was not right.

However all has ended well as the watches arrived this morning with the tracking number (which is correct) still not showing anything. This has never happened before. I realise that this is not their fault and I have emailed them to apologise for making a fuss - maybe this was just one of those things. Apologies to you Richard T as well.

Glad things worked out for you ! No problem, and it was great having you with this GB, Finepics ! :D

I just wanted to post Jays' replies as promised,... these actually came in long ago, but

my spam filter was being over zealous....

In response to the question of unshipped orders....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really? I am so suprised. We have shipped all of the group orders. Yes,

there were a couple who got delayed, but that was mainly caused by some

additional requirement by the buyers, they want to change the strap of the

watches. By the end of last week, we have shipped all of the group orders.

Please ask the buyer who's complaining email us. Strangely, I have not got

him emailing me. He should have done that first. Do u agree? Nice day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In response to my apologies....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No problem. We try to do the best to meet their demands, even at this price.

They just should have to complain to me first before posting around. So we

could have chance to communicate and solve any problem. But I have thank u a

lot for the goos work u have done. Let's arrange another one soon. :-) Nice

day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jay... a Top Notch Dealer .... ^_^