When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Portuguese Group Buy.....

Richard Tracy

Are all of the dealers offering the same version of this watch from the same source? Or are there variations in quality? That would certainly affect the final decision of a dealer.

I think everybody'd like to know some more info:

- shipment method (ems, dhl, fedex...) and cost

- versions available, 2 or three? is there or will be also a blue hands and markers version?

- price, of course

- new pics, mainly with ss bracelet :victory:

Thanks Richard for your effort :)

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any other 7750's out there with this arrangement? Does it have a reliability history? I thought the only 7750 changes on the market were the 12 to 3 movement of the minute wheel to mimic a 7753 and the daytona switch.

... and the 7753-copy movement is a modded 7750-copy. Lots of cogs in that one - so many piled on top that the datewheel is recessed.

Moving one wheel isn't hard. Swapping wheels is. All they're doing with this is removing one wheel and displacing another. I can see no reason, in my admittedly limited experience of movement mechanics, why this should cause long term problems.

Obviously, this is opinion, but I believe the experts will weigh in with me on this one.

Jay got back to me on a few points...

He does take Paypal, but wants everyone to use it with intelligence,

so we will post a short course in this thread,... anyone care to post

these instructions ??

The prices mentioned are the Shipped prices but only will be honored

in this group buy.

He also needs a concrete number of orders, and we need everyone

to follow up, with their payment,..in other words,... please do as you say.

I believe he uses Ems... but I will verify.

These are the same watches that Honpo is selling, with the same movement.

He does not have photos of the stainless band.. yet, but I think he may

be mistaken.. as I have yet to find one photo on the web with a metal band

on these watches.

As for the potential problems with moving the seconds wheel, that we will

only know over time, but to this point, even the Daytonas seem to be doing fine

even with extra wheels and gears that this iwc is not saddled with.

Any more questions ?? ^_^

... and the 7753-copy movement is a modded 7750-copy. Lots of cogs in that one - so many piled on top that the datewheel is recessed.

Moving one wheel isn't hard. Swapping wheels is. All they're doing with this is removing one wheel and displacing another. I can see no reason, in my admittedly limited experience of movement mechanics, why this should cause long term problems.

Obviously, this is opinion, but I believe the experts will weigh in with me on this one.

The "7753" 7750 has only 3 gears to move the minute counter which normally will work very well as the counter only moves in very small steps once a minute. To move the running seconds will probably necessitate a similar arrangment and certainly this would be subject to increased wear as the parts are running continuously. The "7753" transfer gears do have a jewelled bearing but as I said they are not really subject to any stress.

I hope that the makers have now incorporated jewels into the running seconds gears but we will not know until someone has a problem or one of "us" takes it apart for a peek. I hope The Zigmeister won't mind me pinching a bit of text from his Daytona review -

"Since doing this review, I have had a few of these Swiss powered Daytona’s in house for repair and servicing. Some of the problems have been the 12 hour subdial not resetting as it should, on these I had to freeze the subdial as I could not fix it. On others there have been problems with the jerkiness of the running seconds hand, simply due to the culmination of clearances between the 5 new gears. And also I have had to disable the running seconds on some models, as the friction of the new gears was too high, and the movement would not work."

I hope that dosn't say it all!!!!

The "7753" 7750 has only 3 gears to move the minute counter which normally will work very well as the counter only moves in very small steps once a minute. To move the running seconds will probably necessitate a similar arrangment and certainly this would be subject to increased wear as the parts are running continuously. The "7753" transfer gears do have a jewelled bearing but as I said they are not really subject to any stress.

I hope that the makers have now incorporated jewels into the running seconds gears but we will not know until someone has a problem or one of "us" takes it apart for a peek. I hope Ziggy won't mind me pinching a bit of text from his Daytona review -

"Since doing this review, I have had a few of these Swiss powered Daytona’s in house for repair and servicing. Some of the problems have been the 12 hour subdial not resetting as it should, on these I had to freeze the subdial as I could not fix it. On others there have been problems with the jerkiness of the running seconds hand, simply due to the culmination of clearances between the 5 new gears. And also I have had to disable the running seconds on some models, as the friction of the new gears was too high, and the movement would not work."

I hope that dosn't say it all!!!!

Great post. It never occured to me that which dial you move makes a difference. Obviously (duh!!!) moving a continuously moving dial will need to be done with jeweled bearings and quality gears to insure reliability over moving a dial that clicks over once a minute. I don't know of any other modification of the 7750 in the rep world that moves the second hand except the Daytona. I'm not suggesting this rep will have similar problems, the Daytona has a fruit basket of dial mods, but moving a running second subdial must require more care. When a 2836 or 2824 or 21J is modified to move the running seconds from the center hub to an ofset subdial, does it face similar challenges?

Edited by crystalcranium

What are We waiting for?

In my opinion, we should wait until all the dealers have this watch, otherwise we're battling for a reduction on the early-adopter price instead of a reduction on the proper price.

When TTK, Josh, Trusty, PT, Eddie, etc all have this watch in plentiful supply, we will be able to get a decent price. Until then, it'll be the cheapest of the expensive prices.

In my opinion, we should wait until all the dealers have this watch, otherwise we're battling for a reduction on the early-adopter price instead of a reduction on the proper price.

When TTK, Josh, Trusty, PT, Eddie, etc all have this watch in plentiful supply, we will be able to get a decent price. Until then, it'll be the cheapest of the expensive prices.

I totally agree.

Moreover it would be nice seeing some more pics and reading buyers opinions.