When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some photos from Young Miss Nanuq

Yeah, you'll be wanting to encourage that. :)

Thanks Pugs! I'm already pushing her toward a career in something "artsy". She's working as a barista now and loves it. She gets to bring in an iPod to play in the store with any kind of playlist she wants, and the owners let her put up art shows on the walls. I tell her that no matter what the economic climate, people will pay through the nose to be entertained and to look good. So sell them art! Now she and Young Mister Nanuq, yon Eagle Scout, are working together doing wedding photography, and doing quite well.

We're surrounded by opportunity, folks. It just takes eyes wide open and some elbow grease to make a go of life. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now she and Young Mister Nanuq, yon Eagle Scout, are working together doing wedding photography, and doing quite well.

We're surrounded by opportunity, folks. It just takes eyes wide open and some elbow grease to make a go of life. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Wise words.

A buddy of mine just got married. I won't say how much he paid for wedding photography but they do quite well! Some good photo's here they might enjoy looking at.

I'm somewhere on this page. :whistling:

http://www.thekjblog.com/

Hey, you were honored to be invited to their soire' and that's plenty cool in my book. It looks like they had an awesome time.

So that's not you on the foredeck? Hmmmmmm. Must be Ken, then. :g:

• 10 months later...

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

You are one great fater Rob :thumbsupsmileyanim: and your daughter seem to have inherited your brains (looks must be from your better halfs part of the family)

All the best from warm sunny Norway

Gunnar :drinks:

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They are damn good.

I find that I am technically good, but artistically poor at recognising what "makes" a good photo and seeing photo opportunities.

I've got friends that are the opposite, but knowledge and technical skill can be learned, the natural talent to spot good photos can't be learned.

And then there are the people who are both, and your daufghter seems to be in that category.

Give her access to a whole variety of cameras, filters, lenses (tilt slide lenses are really cool to work with) and let her go play - which is what you're doing anyway!