When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ah, what the heck, lets go 2 for 2..Here's my Tudor 7206... definately don't see these much....

eddog

Maybe some of you have seen this before, maybe not..

While the "story" behind this beast is murky and fantastic to say the least...

let's just say that it has been refered to as the Prototype Tudor Submariner that was supposedly developed for the U.S.Marines in the 70's for testing as their new Mil-watch diver of choice.... but it was turned down as the costs involved to produce large quantites were too high....

Apparently there where only a handful of prototypes produced, and Antiquorum was responsible for selling most of them a few years back for a lot a' dough....

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg

IMG_2501.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

Yeah,well...O.K. ....

With regards to the development and 'history" of this watch....I think the price wasn't the only thing that was too high... :whistling:

Either way, I hope you enjoy it for what it is...

cheers

Ed

• Like 1

Very interesting piece. Something you do not see every day.

Did the watch come with any original paperwork?

Thanks freddy, But the only original papers that would have come with this badboy would most likely have this s somewhere on them... B):whistling:

il_430xN55263935.jpg

While peoples reactions to the watch are generally mixed, they're always pretty amazed by what they see...

Here's another Rolex version that has done the rounds at some high end dealers a few years back...

custom projects - US Marines 1690

cheers

Ed

Edited by eddog

To my knowledge, there is no such thing as a Tudor prototype 7206. They are all fake! But I like it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hi Nick, ...

Your knowledge is correct... There was/is no reference 7206 prototype Tudor...well at least not one that was produced by Tudor... 7206 i the reference for the 20mm riveted oyster bracelet used on the sub models... it was never a watch reference

These are fantasy watches, created by who? I have no Idea.... But they are something else...

There was a period where they were appearing on ebay and selling for 4-5K about 3-4 years ago..which was where i saw one for the first time...

I found this on on German ebay, about that time, being sold by a german who listed this along with a fake tudor snowflake sub and fake red Ranger models being shipped out of Vietnam...(hmmmm, that story sounds familiar for some reason...)

I also saw watchmaster's version posted on a forum many years ago, and that was the last i saw of them until J&W started to list them for sale about a year ago...

I hope i didn't come off as trying to imply it was a genuine tudor, which it is foar from being...Just a cool watch that someone spent a lot of time developing and creating because he thought it was a cool idea...

I for one, agree with him :thumbsupsmileyanim:

cheers

Ed

Edited by eddog