When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Rolex MOD 5517

tmg

Congrats S..

you have got me involved in the Military Rolex's and I have enjoyed every one of them :thumbsupsmileyanim:

so another "Thank you" for that buddy !!

I'm going to redo my 5517 MS also.. not along your gen. line .. but I asked that the lume be done in a darker colour than ZM's custom T colour.. yup.. I like ZM's signature colour.. so I decided to start over with the dial and hands..

I hope it'll look half as good as yours. :D

Live Strong and wear it Well

AC

Lani

Congrats S..

you have got me involved in the Military Rolex's and I have enjoyed every one of them :thumbsupsmileyanim:

so another "Thank you" for that buddy !!

I'm going to redo my 5517 MS also.. not along your gen. line .. but I asked that the lume be done in a darker colour than ZM's custom T colour.. yup.. I like ZM's signature colour.. so I decided to start over with the dial and hands..

I hope it'll look half as good as yours. :D

Live Strong and wear it Well

AC

Lani

Howdy R,

I think we all spur each other on in this hobby of ours.

Mmmm, I love the mustard brown tone that some vintage tritium dials take on. I look forward to the redo.

Thanks my friend!

• 3 months later...

Finally back from the dead is my MilSub 5517 -just back from a Canadian spa. ;) Thank you again to The Zigmeister!!! The 5517 is one of my favorite Rolex's, I've always had a "thing" for military timepieces and divers and in particular this grail watch.

In its previous short life the watch had a 2846 ETA movement with a troublesome stem alignment with the crown position, this created too much tension on the right side of the dial/movement and had to be disassembled as the dial was starting to chip/flake at the 3 o'clock. I debated for some time whether to scrap this project altogether or bite the bullet and put a gen movement inside -well I chose the latter and here are the results.

A cool milsub! great work of art! i recently purchased a 5517 from a well known rep seller only to be disapointed by this purchase the case was badly done the tropic 19 crystal was very cheap thin type in the end i gave up on it and gave it to my watchmaker for parts he re-cased it and customised it to he own taste im sure he will post photos of it on RWG again well done!

Edited by aeromatic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

haha M! 

Hey Toomuch, just send it over to me and ill keep it untill you figure out selling it would be a bad desicion and then ill send it back. 

Absence makes the heart grow fonder lol 

• 1 month later...

The watch is great but would have looked better in a leather strap i guess...you might wanna look into that...

Genuine rolex military 5517 have a 2mm welded lugs, to prevent the watch from being accidentally lost underwater and it is issued on a NATO strap made by Phoenix UK.

• 3 weeks later...