When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ti Breitling Seawolf With Genuine Dial

Finally... Installed :lol:

105902-25089.jpg

105902-25090.jpg

And a before to compare...

105902-25091.jpg

^_^

BTW... The source that I purchased this Ti Seawolf from has 20 left. I will reveal the dealer's name and contact info to experienced and trusted members only (i.e. I will be looking at tenure as well as post count and content of posts to determine this criteria). The reason for this... The dealer wishes to remain low profile; I'm only abiding by his wishes. Please note- I have no affiliation with this individual, and am in no way a dealer or seller of any sort. I take no responsibility in any transactions or agreements, etc. Moderators- If this is violating TOC's, please feel free to edit this post accordingly.

Best,

R

Heh... You know Tribal, I'm not a big Breitling fan either, but I thought I'd give this project a try :) I'm still not sure if the watch is my style, but I do enjoy looking at it (even if I'll probably never wear it).

Who knows... Maybe these discontinued models might become a collector's item some day?

^_^

WOW! Great looking beast, Randy! You finally managed to get the darn movement retaining ring off. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I've never been attracted to Breiting but this is a beauty for sure. Interestingly, I visited Tourneau NYC recently and tried a few on plus others. I was smitten by an orange dial model which was a beauty but pricey for an ETA 2824. BTW, I was asked twice if I had an interest in trading my not so stock MBW 1665. :lol:

Thankfully, I couldn't possibly meet Randy's strict criteria. :) My watch boxes are already full to the brim!

Jet

Edited by Jetsons

Is it larger than a Chrono Avenger?

I can't find the case specs.

C- I believe it's the same size as the Chrono Avenger. Should be 44mm x 18mm. It's one big motherchucker. Weight... Feels to be about the same weight as an SS Sub.

WOW! Great looking beast, Randy! You finally managed to get the darn movement retaining ring off. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I've never been attracted to Breiting but this is a beauty for sure. Interestingly, I visited Tourneau NYC recently and tried a few on plus others. I was smitten by an orange dial model which was a beauty but pricey for an ETA 2824. BTW, I was asked twice if I had an interest in trading my not so stock MBW 1665. :lol:

Thankfully, I couldn't possibly meet Randy's strict criteria. :) My watch boxes are already full to the brim!

Yes, indeed. It took a little wiggling and jiggling... Some pulling and some prying... But that movement ring finally came free. Once that was removed, the rest was smooth sailing.

:)

BTW... The source that I purchased this Ti Seawolf from has 20 left. I will reveal the dealer's name and contact info to experienced and trusted members only

Wow! Thats nice, I think the first watch that really made me notice was a Brietling.

Don't think I would meet either of your criteria, never mind.

How hard was it to swap the dial?

The actual dial swap was simple. Only thing that was 'out of the norm' was changing the rehaut ring. The genuine has a very low profile ring, while the rep's is quite tall. Pretty easy to do.

The part that I got hung up on was the movement ring.

107180-24735.jpg

This is a very large ring that is pressed in to fill the gap between the movement and the case. Getting it out required some patience on my part, but I finally got it pulled. Once that was done, the rest of the work tool maybe 10 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...