When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Completed watches are arrived. Modifiaction MBW AP Jumbo

Rolexfinder

Hey George, thanks much for the link but, I am not very good at these types of mods. For sure I would eff it up but good and at least provide a funny story to the forum.

If I decide to get an AP RO jumbo there's a trusted guy in Chicago suburbs named Speedy G (hangs out on repgeek forum) whom I would trust to remove permanent link.

Thanks for your help!

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have already received the watch from Paul, when I was in Bangkok when it was finished. Paul delivered at the hotel door.

Talking to him, and he was a nice guy to talk to, both privately and on the phone. The watch is absolutely fantastic.

Funkystar

YOU ARE LUCKY, you have the watch and you have been in the wonder earth of Thailand...

Congrats and enjoy.

rek-

I would suggest removing at least one permanent link from the bracelet to help facilitate fit on your wrist. Without removing a permanent link, the length of the bracelet will be an issue since there isn't much give with the links (coupled with the integrated lugs); you'll likely find that 1) the links will bind up and make the watch very uncomfortable, particularly at the clasp and 2) the bracelet will not conform to the shape of your wrist, leaving gaps/spaces to either side of your wrist.

With one permanent link removed, here's my old MBK on my 6.8" wrist:

222_2234.jpg

210_1065.jpg

Note how well the bracelet fits :) I wish I had taken some before pics to illustrate how badly it fit prior.

And one final mod I did prior to selling it; the cannon pinion mod, which eliminates that cut down seconds hand:

IMG_3350.jpg

Hope this helps...

R

For all, after checking all watches from MBW. There are number of defected products (movement did not work). Sorry for delay in delivering the product to you guys.

Cheers,

Paul

I second that. I've been buying from MBW/MBK in Bangkok for close to 10 years now and I've always had to check every single watch for small defects, cosmetics etc. Anyways, sounds like Paul is looking out for everyone...

L

Updated News,

Watches are packed. Today, I sent out the first batch to you (4 - 5 packages per day). USA and Asia are first destination to receive the tracking. For EU member, please wait delivery from UK. :)

Moreover, MBW himself have 13 watches left for this production, please let me know if anyone are interested. The Available color is: 5 blues, 3 blacks, and 2 whites.

Cheers,

Paul

Hello,

Let me update status, By now, I did send packages to member who are based in USA, and Asia almost complete. It will be all shipped with in this week. Next week will be the chance for EU member. Sorry to keep you wait but I have to pack everything up and send them to my route in EU then send to you guy.

Cheers,

Paul

I think that the quality of the screws should be improved. The slots should be finer and smaller, as in the old MBW AP Jumbo and in the GENUINE AP.

Must be improved placement of the screws on the bezel. Some of them seem wrong on the surface of the bezel.

The dial is not perfect and date window should be more right, but these flaws are nothing compared the effect of the screws.

post-23285-126550083313_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pastorius

@pastorius

did you order?

just wondering why you are so "picky"...

you are somewhat right about the screws but what you get is

exactly what paul posted in previous pics - the people saw

what they will pay for.

You might ask Paul if screws of old batch/first run AP mbk model

were still available - he has good contact with producer.

George

I have not ordered this MBW, precisely because it has flaws too obvious.I know that the photo is the same that Paul posted in previous pics. To me it seemed logical to post the same photo of the watch. I simply pointed out the most obvious flaws of this watch to try to understand if the producer can improve it.

I don't think to be so picky. Maybe I'm a person who wants to spend his money for a good watch.

If the spirit of this forum or of this thread is simply to say "Beautiful watch. I want it", I apologize to all members.

PS: excuse for my poor English.

Edited by Pastorius

No problem here @pastorius...

I have my own opinion about screws and color too ;)

thats why i sticked to my "old" first batch mbk models of the jumbo.

If i where you i would search for dealers that still can provide

the "normal" version with the smallers slots and yellow-gold looking screws.

I guess Eurotimez should carry these - or maybe Paul should also be

able to send you an unmoded one??

George