When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO rubberlcad with special grey dial

MADRED7

Dear members,

and here I am again....as you can see from my last post I do have a real strong feeling for the color GREY....my car is grey my clothes are grey, my ....is grey....and so most of my watches have grey dials, grey straps or at least are made of Titanium :p

....but it is not just grey...there are 127 shades of grey...mouse-grey, stone-grey, dark-grey, charcoal.... :Jumpy:

So I decided to have my rubberclad re-done...I had the model with thinny-rubber-cover .. so off it went to my dealer overseas.

Right before that I requested and asked some dealers if they will be able to source a spare grey dial and rehaut...they messed up the first grey batch of rosegold rubberclads anyway....some said no, some said maybe, one said yes (but only the dial). So I asked my dealer I worked with for 5 years now (we had good and bad times) and he said "I will try".

What can I say, after some weeks of waiting and asking over and over again....it finally was ready and shipped home to me.

The factory changed the black dial into the slate-grey dial of the rosegold Rubberclad version, added new white hands to match the numbers, installed the correct colored rehaut as well. All in all a great result...I am blown away, I love this watch. I attached the genuine AP rubberstrap to it...makes a big difference in the feel compared to the rep-rubber...ready.

And here are 2 crappy pics of it...I am not very good in photography, please excuse.

Cheers mates,

Theo

aproorubbercladgrey1.jpg

aproorubbercladgrey2.jpg

Thanks for all your comments.

I cannot tell anything about a price because this was a special customer-dealer-thing....a favour for half-a-decade I stick to the dealer.

And it was a real pain with mails back and forth, many misunderstandings and I can assure you, the factories are not easy to deal with....anything they cannot sell in bulks will be rejected!

The whole thing was not about paying a good or enormous price....it was more a good-relationsship deal :yeah:

If you look at the gen AP forums you

:g::g: maybee you send them youre watch as a sample.. 8)

Thats not nessecary...great minds think alike :group:

There is more gray and dark colors for last years SIHH and same will happen in 2010.

(see the GSTAAD SE, Survivor, BB, Las Vegas, standard new dial series as well...gray!)

Cheers

Theo

P.S.: They should do this one...born in my AP-posessed brain

post-334-125267922245_thumb.jpg

post-334-125267923908_thumb.jpg