When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone fancy a V10 E30 M3?

Member X

I've always thought the E30 M3 to be a classic- I think I appreciate that body design better than any of the other M3's with it's flared fenders and old school boxy looks.

When I first opened that thread, I was worried about the potential of a butchered monstrosity that I'd see with a V10 shoehorned into it's engine bay; suffice it to say, I was very surprised (and relieved) to see what appeared to be a rather clean and stock looking body with the completed pics.

Well done with a lot of custom fabrication to get things right. Wonder what kind of behavior and performance this beast has on the track?

I've always thought the E30 M3 to be a classic- I think I appreciate that body design better than any of the other M3's with it's flared fenders and old school boxy looks.

When I first opened that thread, I was worried about the potential of a butchered monstrosity that I'd see with a V10 shoehorned into it's engine bay; suffice it to say, I was very surprised (and relieved) to see what appeared to be a rather clean and stock looking body with the completed pics.

Well done with a lot of custom fabrication to get things right. Wonder what kind of behavior and performance this beast has on the track?

From memory, the V10 in the M5 (which I assume is where it came from - I can't say I've read the thread in detail just looked at the pics :D) runs 400bhp unless you engage the M-Sport mode (or whatever they call it) where it's 500bhp. Given that the car is pretty much now just a shell lol but taking into account that the engine etc must weigh a bit more than the standard... it's probably just over a ton - which must make for some insane acceleration at 500bhp/ton :Jumpy:

Edited by Member X

P4GTR beat me to it: OMFG the under steer!

"V10 in a box" :lol:

The E30 is THE small Beemer IMHO and an M5 six is more than enough engine for one of these, sounds nicer too!

I had a lovely 2.8 E30 coupe a few years ago untill some fool came thru a red light . . .

Glad I was in that car!

Col.

While the S85 V10 is a big engine, I'm not sure how much it weighs over the S14 that originally came in that E30 M3, which I'm pretty sure was a cast iron block. The V10 is cast aluminum; if they mounted the motor as far back and as low as they could, handling could still be pretty neutral, I think. That would largely depend on what kind of weight distribution they were able to achieve. Also, we're dealing with weight up front with (massive) power being driven from the rear. It's not like a big heavy motor going into the nose of a FWD (where big understeer would be a problem).

Since they changed all the suspension pick ups and swapped subframes with E90 M3 parts, it would be interesting to see how this thing behaves on the track.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The RB26DETT R34 is indeed formidable, but preferrably without the Veilside kit :)

Nonoo, I dont care about the kit. This car IS with the kit tho.. in case you still cant recognize my point :p

Veilside

Veilside 1300hp R34 Nissan Skyline GTRThe World Record holder of 'Domestic Fastest Speed on the Street.' This was accomplished in New Zealand. (Under 5000cc Class) This fully worked R34 hit a top speed of 346.20km/h on the open road just out of Rotorua here in Kiwiland. 7 of Japan's fastest street cars met on the weekend of 5-7 November 1999 for an open challenge and the Veilside R34 ate the competition. This consisted of RX7, Supra, WRX, MX5, EVO and Aristo.

This particular R34 is pumping out over 1300hp. It hosts two HKS GT3240 turbochargers, providing enough charge to handle an awesome 2.7kg boost. This R34 also features an HKS Vein Pressure Controller (VPC) and an HKS EVC (Electronic Valve Controller)

If I remember correctly it did 0-300 within 13.7 secs. I'm by no way a motor sports fan, but I kinda remember that :D. It was some years ago tho..

PS 1017 hp at the wheels, not 1300, dunno where they got that number.. oh well

Edited by Neuuubeh

Hehe... I owned a BMW 323i when I was a kid. I think it was a 1986 model (but not 100% sure). Straight six engine. It even had a "computer" on top of the rear-view mirror. :D

I also owned a 528i (E28 model 1983) before that. I've been a Merc man for a long time but you gotta admit that these old BMW models have much more spirit than the new ones.

hey BT, i also owned a 1983 528i, and man i miss it :wub:

That model was my absolute favorite... did you have that annoying "INSPECTION" light constantly shining on the speedometer? :D

33591670003_large.jpg

It looks old today but the "spirit" is definitely there... loved my E28.

Ur picture just brought back a million memories -_-

mine's color was Maroon

and yes the inspection light annoyed the h*ll outta me!

I also had another computer thingy that looked like a calculator next to the dashbard

im driving a stupid Hyundai E30 now! feels like riding a bike after driving a 528i for 3 years