When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM217... never realized just how nice the rep version is...

projectologist

Picked this one up today during my lunch break. Seeing it in person blew me away. It definitely has that extra something quality about it... probably because at one point, I was told, member robertb had owned it and worked his magic on the cg and probably the case as well.

Whatever was done, this is one rep that I would highly recommend to anyone! Quick wristy pic this evening... more pics to follow this weekend.

killah217a.jpg

Its a top looking watch - can't get my head round the lefty version though - does this particular one come as a rep in RH too ?

The 217 was a special edition specifically designed as a destro (lefty).

The 127 ('1950' model or so-called "Fiddy") is the nearest equivalent RH version, although IMO completely lacking the heritage and thus character of the 217.

I love my modded EL-case 217 and wouldn't trade it for the world.

I know your feelings Rob....

Dont know who has it now

but long time i was my dayly beater

DSN with little mods

Helmut

Helmut... yes I can see this as a daily beater for awhile as it is very comfortable to wear plus has a direct link to the past with the case and dial that is great to look at.

Picked this one up today during my lunch break. Seeing it in person blew me away. It definitely has that extra something quality about it... probably because at one point, I was told, member robertb had owned it and worked his magic on the cg and probably the case as well.

Whatever was done, this is one rep that I would highly recommend to anyone! Quick wristy pic this evening... more pics to follow this weekend.

killah217a.jpg

VERY nice pam You got there! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But I think You need hands ( hour/minutes!) from DSN as he is the ONLY one the most accurat hands ( exept for the lume. as dsn has C3 lume and it should be C1 )for 127 and 217 pams!

VERY nice pam You got there! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But I think You need hands ( hour/minutes!) from DSN as he is the ONLY one the most accurat hands ( exept for the lume. as dsn has C3 lume and it should be C1 )for 127 and 217 pams!

Not sure who the hands are from, but comparing to gen again over the weekend, they're as spot-on as I've ever seen as well as the CP finish. Exact length of hands and width of lumed area all good. Did well against pic in Special Editions catalog too. Hand stack height was also 1:1 correct. Jus sayin' :)

Not sure who the hands are from, but comparing to gen again over the weekend, they're as spot-on as I've ever seen as well as the CP finish. Exact length of hands and width of lumed area all good. Did well against pic in Special Editions catalog too. Hand stack height was also 1:1 correct. Jus sayin' :)

Here is a picture of the difference of the two set of hands that You can buy!

The one to the left ( it is ONLY the minute hand that is different, and correct on the dsn !) is a DSN!

You can see the difference in picture P1070001 that has the wrong minute hand andpicture 1070725 that has the right minute hand!

post-8050-125360417495_thumb.jpg

post-8050-125360434914_thumb.jpg

post-8050-125360441918_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

killah217a.jpg

Hi there. I am ready to purchase the pam217 but I have heard a review or two that it is not as accurate as the pam111h. Is it keeping time correctly?

Thanks in advance

Lonewolf

Hi there. I am ready to purchase the pam217 but I have heard a review or two that it is not as accurate as the pam111h. Is it keeping time correctly?

Thanks in advance

Lonewolf

lonewolf.. these watches do keep great time, with regulating, even better! i just got a DSN 217 and i love it...

buy it!!

unless you are getting the 111h from Little Hero or DSN or now Sead's ultimate.. all the other ones have too many faults..

lonewolf.. these watches do keep great time, with regulating, even better! i just got a DSN 217 and i love it...

buy it!!

unless you are getting the 111h from Little Hero or DSN or now Sead's ultimate.. all the other ones have too many faults..

Thank you for your response. It's kinda scary to hear that as I just ordered a watch from Josh and Andrew. Are the above mentioned people "modding" the watch before shipping or do they just have better quality reps?

Best wishes

Hi Lone Wolf and welcome!! When people say a particular model is "not accurate" they mean the shape/color/printing/engraving of the watch, not the way it keeps time.

The accuracy of the time keeping varies depending on how good the movement you pay for is .. and if you have a watchsmith service and tune it for you. Even inexpensive movements can keep +/- 5 seconds a day, as reported by many members here once it's serviced and regulated.

It's killin' me that I can't get LH to sell me just the destro movement. Here's my 217 again waiting for one...

my favorite iPhone wristy...

photo217a.jpg

Boy, you can't go unnoticed with a 47mm Panerai. I ordered mine today but have a bit of a complex toward the purchase becouse some of my friends say "it might be just to big" "it might be overwhelming"

Seeing your pics, they look great. Seen others too online, I don't see a problem. With a good aftermarket strap from Peter Gunny, Daluca and Rob Montana (just to name a few) you can't go wrong. Tourneau watch company in Chicago does not have a 47mm Panerai to view. This is why I rely on you guys and the net.

Thanks for the warm welcome...what a find, rwg!