When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lighting Studio Kit - 1saleaday.com

redwatch

Guest ThePhilosopher

I don't know if it'll even be worth it - the lights probably have horrid color consistency and barely enough power to shoot without a tripod.

I'm biased against cheap lighting as I've had nothing but horrid experiences with all the cheap lighting gear I've ever used - hence I'm using Bowens/Camulet and looking to get Profoto within the next two years.

Edited by ThePhilosopher

I was telling Offshore that I'm not too concerned about the lights. This is just a cheap and cheerful diffuser setup. Use your own lights or even 2 desk laps with colour temp that your digicam can balance to and you'll be set. It beats having towels or paper or whatever to setup everytime you want to take a pic. It's small and portable...and gives at least a bit of a base to rig up a mini-seamless to.

That's what I was thinking. I have a very large diffuser tent at home, but for quick shots at work, this would be great! Nice a portable and the lights should be adequate for work. At least I won't have some mega-bright 500 watt bulbs emanating from underneath my office door! 8)

Exactly. For small stuff like rings, watches, ammunition...whatever floats your boat...it's the convenience that's good. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate a full Softbox and Speedotron rig as much as the next guy...but hey...stick it in your laptop bag with a pocket POS and you're rocking.

• 3 months later...

I'm resurrecting this post, to give due credit to a couple of great forum members.

Red posted about this light box offer, back in September as you can see, and when I expressed dissapointment at not being able to get one, Toad jumped in and offered to get one for me.

The same day Red also offered.... just another example of our wonderful community.

Anyways Toad had already got things underway, so I then started to wait for Canada Post to do their thing. We decided to sea post to keep the shipping down, and I sort of thought maybe 6 weeks may do it.

However this morning, some 10 weeks after Toad posted off my parcel, the man came knocking....and I couldn't even remember what I had in the post.

So now a quick convert to 240V and my mini studio will be ready to go.

Thanks Red for the heads up and offer, and thanks Toad, for all your efforts to get this to me.

It won't be forgotten.

What more could you expect from 2 great members, and guess who were the Member and Rookie of the year?

These sort of gestures are so regularly seen, from all amongst the membership.....It is truly what differentiates this place from the rest.

Thanks guys,

Offshore

@Red,

We are still experimenting with different globes. We have now changed it to a 240V system, but the initial set of globes were disappointing. So it's a job on the books for this coming week to see what we can drum up.

Anyways, I'm too busy posting stuff out and reordering to beat Chinese New Year! :)