When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6202 Bezel

flex

Actually Yuki has a 6202/04 bezel for sale. I asked Yuki and they sent me this lnk..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140332691499&ssPageName=S

For those who has a project on their bench, here is a pic of gen bezel

62029.jpg

I'll be using a fat font faded 5512/1665 bezel insert. Not correct. But apparently, a lot of gen owners had no choice but change to that insert. Maybe it is becos the RSCs don't sell the 6202 insert anymore.

Thanks for the link, flex.

Rolex has not made or sold that insert for many years, which is 1 of the reasons they no longer service these older watches.

As for Yuki's parts, the bezel looks ok, but the insert looks like MY's, which is only close. The dots are located correctly, but they are supposed to be tiny squares, not circles & there is no pearl. :thumbdown:

rolex6202.jpg

Edit - the insert may be ok. In researching my hard drive archives, I am seeing a good number of gen 6202s with similar inserts (& other inserts that look considerably different). But most have square dots & a thin white border around the red triangle, which Yuki's lacks

6202.jpg

An original 6202 ad with yet another variation (I have several pics of gen 6202s with this insert)

6202ad.gif

Rolex :bangin:

• 6 years later...

apologize me for bumping this old thread but there is something that i've not understood.

what case do you have used for your 6202 replica?

is a really small watch and all the replica cases are bigger.

i even don't know if there is a sort o table of compatibility for Gen rolex cases and if it is possible switch a DJ case (is an example) to this turn o graph.

and in the case is it compatible, how to fix the bezel on it?

thanks in advance for your answer

hi there -  

i ended up giving up on this due to scarcity of parts After i bought a gen bezel.  to answer your second question, no, Dj case is not compatiabe.  based on my conversation with other people, my understanding (but i could be wrong) is that the only possible case for this project is Phong's.  

My coin edge bezel is made for the 6542. It is as the original, made from brass and has a light nickel plating. That allows for mods to allow the brass to show through, if desired, for aging. It also allows for a little more modding to have the 6204 look as pictured.

https://rwg.cc/topic/173703-coin-edge-bezel-set-for-rolex-6542#comment-1370145

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/3/2016 at 6:42 PM, JoeyB said:

The 6204 case is 38mm. I used a 'Tiger' case and my bezel for the build.

yes, you are right. and the point is exactly this.

the 6202 is 35/36 mm case, and i would to replicate this and not a 6204, but in my understanding there is no possible, because there are not compatible cases.

even, it sound a bit strange to me, that rolex produced this type of case for only one type watch model.

it would have been uncommercial

Many thanks. 

This case to me appear similar to oyster date case or airing case. 

I've tried to discover a cross references case spare parts without fortune.

Will be very appreciate advices on similar or same cases. 

What do you think about 1016 case? 

Edited by prova4