When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review: Bergie's LV Bosphore 50 suitcase--awesome!

gioarmani

29-3.jpg

About three weeks ago, I received a gorgeous Louis Vuitton suitcase from Kenberg, and am long overdue for reviewing it.

This piece was so much more than I had expected, I felt it deserved a bit of praise. (Excuse a few scratches on it, as it's already been from Florida to Toronto, and Florida to Chicago and back)

This piece measures roughly 16" x 20" x 8", and is of the old-fashioned LV Monogram canvas line. Just like the original, it comes with genuine cowhide-trim, and thick, sturdy rubber-coated canvas, and solidly constructed inner hardware that really make this piece reliably tough; the side-walls are quiet strong.

Excellent craftsmanship--the canvas is the perfect color, the stitching is near-flawless and the straps and hardware are secured to the case tighter than a crab's ass:

IMG_3189.jpg

IMG_3195.jpg

IMG_3193.jpg

Thick, solid plastic guards on the side & bottom, as well:

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

Great markings, and interior serial:

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

And inside, something I did not expect. I had anticipated buying an LV garment bag for my suits as well, but unbeknownst to me this suitcase actually came with a built-in garment bag--with a metal LV hanger.

Two straps with leather trim & metal harware to secure the contents:

IMG_3208.jpg

(the garment bag attaches to the inside flap of the suitcase via four snap-buttons:

IMG_3210.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3218.jpg

IMG_3220.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg

And the garment bag fits nicely over the top of the rest of the suitcase's contents, and snaps to the lid when you're ready to close it:

IMG_3238-1.jpg

All in all, a fantastic piece. Thanks Ken!

• Like 1

This looks beauuuuuuuutiful, Ken - PM me on price of one of these bad boys :)

PM coming :)

Is it available in chocolate/tan as in the "top" photo of this review?

I think you will find that Gio's is chocolate/tan but camera flash makes it look otherwise.

Bloody good!

Does this come in Damier Graphite as well?

Not in Damier Graphite sorry but I know we have a similar bag in other brands.

Beautiful. I am afraid LV Monogram may be a bit too much for me but I'd love to get a nice 50-55 Keepall in Nomade leather...

You've got a rep of Nomade Gio?

That's a beautiful looking bag. I have been looking for a Keepall in the Damier Graphite (since the pattern ends up being more subtle), but that might just be a better option if it's available ... :)

Edited by tomhorn

Guest Masterle

PM coming :)

I think you will find that Gio's is chocolate/tan but camera flash makes it look otherwise.

Not in Damier Graphite sorry but I know we have a similar bag in other brands.

Ken you send me too the price pls?

and do you know how secure the shipment to germany is ?

Wow that is a really nice bag. I am due for some new luggage. Funny thing is every time I travel I end up buying a new suitcase like this in the $50.00 range. I always give it to someone because they are all crap. It now just dawned on me how nice it would be to have something nice quality like this.

Is this carry on size? I would hate to check an LV bag.

@Ken: Can you pm me a price on this and one in epi leather? Is the epi version genuine cow leather? Maybe also some other styles that are carry on size with wheels.

Beautiful. I am afraid LV Monogram may be a bit too much for me but I'd love to get a nice 50-55 Keepall in Nomade leather...

Keepall-et-Speedy.jpg

You've got a rep of Nomade Gio?

Shazam! Seriously, is there a rep of this? I've been looking for this bag. Please PM the price lists of the Nomades.

Edited by ironmarshal

HI GUYS,

Recieved this today as an early birthday gift for the wife. Yup shipping her away for her birthday, gonna get 5 days of peace and quiet. Superb item, leather looks a little too new but that, as u know will change on first trip.

Thanks so much for offering something that can give the wife, non watch related as she is sick of that.

HI GUYS,

Recieved this today as an early birthday gift for the wife. Yup shipping her away for her birthday, gonna get 5 days of peace and quiet. Superb item, leather looks a little too new but that, as u know will change on first trip.

Thanks so much for offering something that can give the wife, non watch related as she is sick of that.

Thats a good point about the non watch related, remember folks with Christmas fast approaching the girls love bags and shoes. :)

A pleasure doing business with you.

Ken