When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A big day at Chez Nanuq

Nanuq

Well today it's official, we signed the papers to make the Eagles Nest our own. To celebrate I took the ever delectable Ms. Nanuq out to a dinner of steaks and portobello by candlelight. It was over-the-top good, and now we're back home to a chinook wind, 56 degrees and the entire house is creaking, the windows and walls are flexing in the gusts. We have a high wind warning tonight, meaning winds up to 100mph. I've got a nice fire in the woodstove, Mozart on the stereo, and it's music listening to the wind in the trees and around the roof.

Ahhhhhhhh, it doesn't get any better than this. :tu: We are blessed. Here's to new adventures, large and small!

Wow 56 degrees.. ya must be stuffy tonight B .. :lol: 100 mph winds would be clowe to our hurricane weather.. :black_eye:

at least you save on having to worry about keeping food frozen..

Congrats on your new digs !!!

Piano concerto No. 21........ please

Relax well B !! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

L

Schweeeeeeeeet!

But Mozart?! Romantic fireside chats?! I think Ken was getting closer. Still.

From the desription you gave Bob, I'm thinking something a little more edgy, like standing on the balcony with a bottle of spirits, full frontal into the wind............

"So I'm packing my bags for the misty mountains. Over the hills where the spirits go now. Over the hills where the spirits fly!"

YEAH BABY!! I *like* your idea, Dems! :tu:

The Mozart was because the Rabid Viking in me can't always come out when the ever delectable Ms. Nanuq is present. I don't want to scare her too much. Hmmmmm, wouldn't that call for some Aqevit and a horned helmet? (raising fists to the heavens) YAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHH!!!

Okay, I'm calm again.

We were married on a 54' sloop in Resurrection Bay, out in Thumb Cove. And on wedding day I played the Water Music Suite sailing out, and the Fireworks Suite sailing back. So last night was Mozart again.

ps: that Youtube was HOT! I rated you 5 stars and put in a comment even though I wasn't logged in.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

:drinks:

I don't want to scare her too much.

Understood. :thumbsupsmileyanim: My comments were contrived and facetious. Just firing for effect as the meteorological picture you painted, and the geography which I know, certainly did conjure up Valhalla and the Hammer of the Gods. Hence the tune. If you think Mrs. Demsey is anywhere near the man cave when I turn the Marshalls up to 11? Well, you must meet her some day. :lol:

She's the classically trained pianist. Trust me, Eine Kleine Nachtmusik is no stranger to my stereo. It's awesome and I'm sure Jimmy Page if not only John Paul Jones would certainly agree! There's the music you like, and then there's the music that comes out. :)

Enjoy the new digs. Very happy for you.

Thanks Chrono and Samurai! Tonight we're having Rep Weather, it's just acting like a hurricane, but it's not really the same thing. We haven't broken 100mph winds yet.

YAAARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

• 6 years later...