When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Radiomir Wempe 42 mm Manual Wind

lanikai

This is a 42 mm Radiomir Wempe Chrono.. the genuine article is extremely priced and only a limited amount was manufactured.. I didn't know those facts until after I had ordered it.. I actually liked the 42mm case size as opposed to other Radiomirs.. I remember Ssurfer as having the only other one that was posted .. we had gotten them about the same time // I cannot find them on the dealer site any longer..

if I remember correct the minor flaw was one of the pushers.. I believe the one @2 should not have the sleeve.. but since the genuine is so rare.. it wouldn't matter to me ...

what would really do this right would be a nice gator strap from HK..

I did not take a pic of the buckle.. which I should of .. it is very unique actually..

Enjoy the pics..

pam089wempe014.jpg

pam089wempe004.jpg

pam089wempe002.jpg

pam089wempe011.jpg

pam089wempe009.jpg

pam089wempe007.jpg

thanks for viewing

AC

Lani

The only Radiomir that I really like. As I've made a deal with a member on one of these (luv dat ST19 movement :) ), I should have one in a few weeks. What size strap do they use though?

Apparently cartel stopped carrying these 2 yes ago. Drulee, u got a lead on these? I agree this is the only rad that I like also. The 214 is a close second

The only Radiomir that I really like. As I've made a deal with a member on one of these (luv dat ST19 movement :) ), I should have one in a few weeks. What size strap do they use though?

Strap size is 24/20 JJ .. the buckle is sewn in .. with 'Panerai' engraved on the buckle tongue.

Apparently cartel stopped carrying these 2 yes ago. Drulee, u got a lead on these? I agree this is the only rad that I like also. The 214 is a close second

Getting mine from another member. Don't think any dealers have these anymore.

Strap size is 24/20 JJ .. the buckle is sewn in .. with 'Panerai' engraved on the buckle tongue.

That's good news, so any of my existing thinner 24/22 straps should look alright on it then.

EDIT: By the way, even though it is not like the gen, I like the crown surrounding the pusher at 2 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the tracking number for my Wempe!!!! :bounce: Damned excited about getting it now. Your pix are what pushed me over the edge on whether to pick it up or not, thanks lanikai ( I think).

Can you post a pic of what the strap looks like from lug to buckle? I'm trying to decide if any of my existing 24/22 straps will suit it, or if I should go strap shopping again :rolleyes:

Not only a nice size, but an awesome watch you have there Lani! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I remember Ssurfer as having the only other one that was posted ..

Correct Lani. Just, mine is the "other" 42mm radiomir, the 147.

Please let me submit a couple of pics of it once again. I had it re-plated in true rose gold, 7 micron thick, and the first pusher fixed. And I still am quite proud of it. :D

1475.jpg

1476slightlysharpened.jpg

Not only a nice size, but an awesome watch you have there Lani! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Correct Lani. Just, mine is the "other" 42mm radiomir, the 147.

Please let me submit a couple of pics of it once again. I had it re-plated in true rose gold, 7 micron thick, and the first pusher fixed. And I still am quite proud of it. :D

1475.jpg

good to see you posting M !!!!!

it's an honour to have your beautiful Wempe on the thread.. and it has been taken to another level !!! that is Super Bad !!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

if I remember correctly you also modded the strap in that it's shinier with some substance you applied to it ???

and yes the pusher was the only flaw which you have taken care off... Outstanding as your watches always are. !!!

still the only member with the older PR reserve model (I forget the #)with the correct date font. !!

Be Well my Friend !!! B)

AC

R

good to see you posting M !!!!!

it's an honour to have your beautiful Wempe on the thread..

Good to be here, R, and it's a honour to me to post my 147 close to your awesome 204.

if I remember correctly you also modded the strap in that it's shinier with some substance you applied to it ???

Wow R, you have good memory!

Actually, I just oiled the strap and coloured the original white stitching in rose gold with a Letraset magic marker. I would encourage everyone to use this method, it is easy and absolutely inexpensive and it gives good results.

A couple of pics to better show my point.

The original watch & strap from Josh. Besides the unlikely rose gold, I could not really stand the terrible white stitching:

147joshua258.jpg

Wristhot after the treatment -- side:

strap31.jpg

and back:

strap34.jpg

still the only member with the older PR reserve model (I forget the #)with the correct date font. !!

You teaser! :lol: You know I cannot stay indifferent to such a call!

It's my 090 -- and even if the font is not really perfect, still it is a decent improvement over the standard font:

new090date.jpg

Be Well my Friend !!!

Be Well You too R! And congrats to you and Drulee!